ROM Hack Question Bike glitch in Pokemon Sw/Sh Isle of Armor dlc

Tere Valentin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In Shield's Isle of Armor dlc, I went to change Bike color. But after I selected both colors, the woman doesnt give me the option of change bike to its original look.

Now I talked to same woman in Sword; in Armor dlc; and same glitch happens.

In both games, my progress in dlc story right now is where I have to choose one of the 2 Towers.

Anyone else have this happen to them?
Everything else in DLC id working perfectly Except this bike glitch.

I use SX 3.0.2
Console fw is 10.0.2

Tere Valentin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean SELECT BOTH colors? You can only have the Black Squares or the White Stars.
Sorry if I meant sounded wrong.
I meant that I first chose white. Then talked to her again and only options she gave me was Black or "no thanks".
There is suppose to be a 3rd choice which is "change to original bike design" ( I googled the whole bike customization and guides say theres a 3rd option in Armor dlc ) but she never offers it to me.
I even went ahead and chose Black ( after I already chose white ) and now after I talk to her a third time, she just gives me "its ok option". Still no option to change back.

Doesnt matter if i pick white first or black, the glitch remains the same in both Sword and Shield.

Il provide screenshots soon.
Edit: I attached screenshots to this post.

Attachments

• when i first chose white.jpg
    when i first chose white.jpg
    901.6 KB · Views: 365
  • when i second choice was black.jpg
    when i second choice was black.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 416
  • 3rd time i talk to her and no choice to change to original bike.jpg
    3rd time i talk to her and no choice to change to original bike.jpg
    934 KB · Views: 571
Last edited by Tere Valentin,

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very weird, I've changed back and forth to all three styles multiple times and never ran into this. Check your key items, I wonder if somehow it gave you the new bike item without removing the old one.

Zenkazu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very weird, I've changed back and forth to all three styles multiple times and never ran into this. Check your key items, I wonder if somehow it gave you the new bike item without removing the old one.
I do have 3 bikes in my key items. The white, black, and normal default rotom bikes

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ha, that's what I thought. It sort of makes sense, the menu shows the options for the items you don't have, but since you have all three, it shows no items. So the menu is sort of working fine, the real problem happened when you made the selection, so the real bug here is that it didn't remove the old rotom bike item when you switched (or either item when you switched again). I suspect that there is no way to change the "active" bike without using the menu, so until they have a fix, I think you're stuck. I would definitely write to Nintendo support though so they know about the issue.

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I do have 3 bikes in my key items. The white, black, and normal default rotom bikes
Ha, that's what I thought. It sort of makes sense, the menu shows the options for the items you don't have, but since you have all three, it shows no items. So the menu is sort of working fine, the real problem happened when you made the selection, so the real bug here is that it didn't remove the old rotom bike item when you switched (or either item when you switched again). I suspect that there is no way to change the "active" bike without using the menu, so until they have a fix, I think you're stuck. I would definitely write to Nintendo support though so they know about the issue.
Seems like you should be able to PKHeX the extra ones out of your inventory. OP is running SXOS so it's possible.

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OP is running SXOS so it's possible.
Hmm, that could potentially explain the glitch in the first place. I wonder if there was a save edit performed where PKHeX makes some assumption about an invariant not being significant that causes the removal of the rotom bike to not work in the first place (e.g. bike has to be at some specific offset). I also wonder if any other item (or key item) was removed when you got the other bikes. It would make a lot of sense to me if this bug only happened to PKHeX users in the first place. If so, this should probably be reported to the PKHeX team.

Zenkazu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, that could potentially explain the glitch in the first place. I wonder if there was a save edit performed where PKHeX makes some assumption about an invariant not being significant that causes the removal of the rotom bike to not work in the first place (e.g. bike has to be at some specific offset). I also wonder if any other item (or key item) was removed when you got the other bikes. It would make a lot of sense to me if this bug only happened to PKHeX users in the first place. If so, this should probably be reported to the PKHeX team.
I've never used PokeHEX or any other kind of program since my Switch isn't modded, but I have joined some hacked raids to get the Missingno God egg.

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never used PokeHEX or any other kind of program since my Switch isn't modded, but I have joined some hacked raids to get the Missingno God egg.
Could be related to God Egg, but I sort of doubt it. On the other hand, who knows how those things corrupt the save.

Zenkazu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could be related to God Egg, but I sort of doubt it. On the other hand, who knows how those things corrupt the save.
I did try removing the God Egg to see if it would change anything, but most likely if it did, the damage would have already been done. I also tried contacting Nintendo support on Thursday when it happened, but I've been waiting for a reply still.

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya, if it was the God Egg, it would have been when you switched bikes in the first place. PKHeX to remove the inactive rotom bike items is probably the best bet

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that sucks. I don't want to mod my switch just to fix this.
The other option would be to transfer all your (legit) Pokemon to HOME and create a new save, or hope that the bug is unrelated to the glitch pokemon/egg and hope that it gets patched. Unfortunately, those are the only options I can think of.

Zenkazu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The other option would be to transfer all your (legit) Pokemon to HOME and create a new save, or hope that the bug is unrelated to the glitch pokemon/egg and hope that it gets patched. Unfortunately, those are the only options I can think of.
I was thinking about that at first, but I think I'll just live with it. Lost bike customization that I never even had before the dlc is a minor inconvenience at worst. Just hope if anything else is glitched I notice it sooner.

Captain Library

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Having the same issue, and deleting Rotom Bike 3 and Rotom Bike 4 (the 2nd and 3rd instances of Rotom Bikes in my menu) from Key Items with PKHeX does nothing to fix it.

EDIT: Deleting the original bike (called Rotom Bike 2 in PKHeX) DID fix it and I can now chop and change. Not sure how you'll accomplish this without PKHeX :(

Last edited by Captain Library,

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having the same issue, and deleting Rotom Bike 3 and Rotom Bike 4 (the 2nd and 3rd instances of Rotom Bikes in my menu) from Key Items with PKHeX does nothing to fix it.
Huh, the fact that deleting the extra bikes from the menu doesn't fix it is pretty surprising. It's possible that there is some other variables with the bikes that also didn't get reset properly. In general, the way this is implemented seems dumb. I don't know why it isn't just the one item, and then a completely unrelated variable for the bike style.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 16 is becoming bare minimum for today's gaymes +1