Hacking BigBlueBox Says All the Other NSPS Are Wrong

jakkal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope because you didn’t say it explicitly but implied that these releases would be needed for future checks.

1-1 this and you get the idea about PNG.

how many times do i have to say Nintendo can implement stricter anti piracy checks?
how did that imply anything else. like i said go quote , or go hide yourself

alantgw

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Interpretation from Gary's message:
Emunand is the highest priority for the TX at the moment. (and what Gary implied is that potentially Emunand is the solution of all the 6.x issues!)

Oh wait, isn't Atmosphere NX coming out this Aug with Emunand?
It must be a coincidence again, right TX?:D
Such hard work from the team and also marketing effort from Gary.

Edit: My bad, Emunand is not included in the official launch this month.

Last edited by alantgw,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, firmware 6 will come out and everyone wil have to redownload all their purchased games. Or maybe it will just be a title update that you have to download for each digital game before you can play it again. Either way, they won't do it because it would only hinder legitimate users. Consider this scenario: Timmy takes his switch on a family car trip or something and he has no internet. Before he left home, his console updated to 6.0 or whatever. He only played and updated a couple of games. Oops, the rest of his library is unplayable now because of new file checks. Yeah, not gonna happen.

Reactions: alkar

jakkal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interpretation from Gary's message:
Emunand is the highest priority for the TX at the moment. (and what Gary implied is that potentially Emunand is the solution of all the 6.x issues!)

Oh wait, isn't Atmosphere NX coming out this Aug with Emunand?
It must be a coincidence again, right TX?:D
Such hard work from the team and also marketing effort from Gary.

Take your shit elsewhere

Reactions: veddermandan

alantgw

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Take your shit elsewhere

I am not sure where are you coming from. But big N is always doing 'stability updates' as expected.

Gary's post is not much meaningful apart from promoting the need for Emunand (regardless whether it is technically correct or not), which is to be released by the official launch of Atmosphere NX this month.
And of course we all can expect TX would 'make' the Emunand soon after that.

Or maybe let me know what meaningful content Gary brought.

Edit: My bad, Emunand is not included in the official launch this month. But TX please prove me wrong by making the Emunand before any opensource code is available:P

Last edited by alantgw,

alkar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah you sure know what youre talking about /s
There you go you have your quote.

I said the png check were bullshit, and you answered this.

Which to me means : “you are complete bullshit they will add checks for these PNG”

Never said ever they couldn’t do other checks though but somehow you have this idea stuck in your head.

Have a nice day :D

Last edited by alkar,

veddermandan

Trophies
Website
youtu.be
XP
Country
Australia
Yup, firmware 6 will come out and everyone wil have to redownload all their purchased games. Or maybe it will just be a title update that you have to download for each digital game before you can play it again. Either way, they won't do it because it would only hinder legitimate users. Consider this scenario: Timmy takes his switch on a family car trip or something and he has no internet. Before he left home, his console updated to 6.0 or whatever. He only played and updated a couple of games. Oops, the rest of his library is unplayable now because of new file checks. Yeah, not gonna happen.
Um if the new update stopped games from working they would scan and update the appropriate games.
You really have no logical thoughts at all do you

Rikikoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You will all soon see the whole point of these releases! :)
The only thing these "correct" NSPs contain that the usual repacker doesn't generate are sdk xmls, and a few duplicate jpgs.
BBB calling everything else incorrect is just them stroking their scene ego.

Quite obviously the Switch doesn't check for those, since they aren't actually installed at any moment (besides, checking for xmls, is there anything more ridiculous).

Furthermore, if Nintendo really did want to implement checks for installed NSPs, they could just verify the ticket signatures, which, sadly, BBB didn't see fit to craft despite their immense knowledge of developper tools.

The only thing you're doing here is spreading misinformation, and proving once again that both you and the people you represent cannot be trusted.

Last edited by Rikikoo,

rrocha

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Is it that hard to imagine that beginning 6.0 both the programminfo.xml and nacp.xml will play a role in installations? Of course they're aren't being used now as the NSPs install and work flawlessly. But on 6.0, the installer and the system might need them for extra checks. Of course we will always have access to these systems since the tegra bug is unpatchable. But the keys will probably move place or encryptions schemes might change so new dumpers will have to be created. It's gonna be a cat and mouse game as developers will need to figure this out again and update their tools, hence slowing down the development and the access to new stuff. N knows that they cannot win that specific battle, but they can slow down access to new stuff so their developer partners know that new games will be out of the piracy ring at least for a specific timeframe (even if small) and assuring more sales inside the legit market.

The same goes for the said hardware mod for the joy-con. Of course there will be a kip eventually. Whatever changes they're doing to the joycon and whatever realtime pin10 detection they are implementing will be reversed and patched. But if you simply upgrade to 6.0 before devs make those patches public, you might be unable to boot the console if the jig is there. They might implement a pin10 kernel panic mode with monitoring starting right at the first stage of Horizon boot. Yes, you can boot to Hekate/SXOS menu, take the jig out and proceed to the boot. For the majority of the people, it will be an annoyance and that's it... But by then, you're already flagged for ban.

People shouldn't dismiss these rumors as they are coming from people with more inside knowledge than usual. And just because you aren't affected by them ("I don't care if I get banned" comments are expected), doesn't mean that other people won't care. Developers are still trying to figure out how consoles log and share info back to N in order to implement better ban protection, being a way to prevent them or at least to slow it down to some degree.

And that's what N is really after at this time. More ways to efficiently and immediately ban hacked consoles from the network, together with slowing development out. In a hypothetical scenario, if N can make each revision of firmware sufficiently hard to hack so those changes are only reversed by the time they're ready to launch yet another revision, hacked consoles would be always one step behind in terms of content access. While not perfect, it would be the only scenario they can aim for since these can never be patched.

Just my 2 cents.
Peace

alkar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Common sense.
What do you think makes more sense from a security standpoint, checking a plaintext file, or verifying an RSA signature, that can't be crafted by anyone but Nintendo?

Agreed. That’s why I’m laughing at people praising BBB releases :D

That being said even a rsa sig check should be easily patchable on the module side. They can probably obfuscate stuff a little more though...

Reactions: Subtle Demise

jakkal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agreed. That’s why I’m laughing at people praising BBB releases :D

That being said even a rsa sig check should be easily patchable on the module side. They can probably obfuscate stuff a little more though...

Who's praising BBB releases?
Please quote anyone in this thread who is praising any release.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um if the new update stopped games from working they would scan and update the appropriate games.
You really have no logical thoughts at all do you
Yeah games are updated on an individual basis, they don't get updated all at once automatically with every firmware update. You update your system, you have to update all your games individually. No internet, out of luck. With the switch being portable and only having a wifi connection and no 4G or equivelent service, you're going to be without internet 99% of the time you have it away from home.

ssrpgvita

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know exactly what they mean ,I wont say as scene rules are scene rules
theres reason why p2p is p2p scene is scene cdnsp should never been put in hands of end users nitnendo iwll have scene dead by end of year cuz end users will kill it.

before its over with youll be prasing htem as there only people should have acess this stuff and dump it for us period p2p kills scenes quicker then led zepeeling

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: