Hacking BigBlueBox Says All the Other NSPS Are Wrong

Albytrozz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look, I'm not an archaeologist, I just want to play games. I know when my great grand-kids find out there are missing XML files in the hundreds of NSP games I left them in my Will (and nothing else, because I represent the 'Scene' for life!) they will likely dig me up, hang me from a tree and kick my long rotted corpse in the crotch for shaming the family name, but somehow I'm willing to take that risk as I play any game I want in these precious Pre-President Ivanka Trump and Vice President Snookie present-times...

Last edited by Albytrozz,

Albytrozz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Proper nsp releases are one thing (as useless as this metadata may seem right now), but if BBB doesn't also include the game updates and DLCs when applicable, we might as well grab everything through CDNSP to get the whole package. I didn't download anything yet, so I don't know if they thought of that or not. Will have to check with a small game first, like pic-a-pix. Also, kind of disappointed that BBB uses the same titlekeys as we already have access. So still no NEO.GEO Magical Drop III. :sad:

All I know is that every single (and I mean that) NSP I got has worked perfectly, including updates and DLC. As far as I read all that is different is missing XML and JPG files, which of course is absolutely required in order to keep the flux capacitors from overheating in the matrix flaven maven nice laaaaadddddyyyyyy of the Switch...

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
these guys transcend normal piracy crap, they're more into game preservation. If they say your NSPs suck, then they suck. Lamerz never learn.
This guy gets it. GBATemp needs to learn how to scene. Standards for releases are expected to be met, and if one is incomplete, it's nuke worthy.

tiliarou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
There is no real point in BBB claim actually: there is no scene rule (if you care) for such "NSP". There is no "proper" NSP per say, and it's been demonstrated that games shared like this from CDNSP repacks are working perfectly (straight from CDN).
A dump is from a cartridge, a 1:1 copy is proper, anything else is nuked. How do you define a "proper" NSP since it's not even the real format used by Nintendo ? How do you define this as real scene release ?
Doesn't really make sense...

CrAzYLiFe

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
There is no real point in BBB claim actually: there is no scene rule (if you care) for such "NSP". There is no "proper" NSP per say, and it's been demonstrated that games shared like this from CDNSP repacks are working perfectly (straight from CDN).
A dump is from a cartridge, a 1:1 copy is proper, anything else is nuked. How do you define a "proper" NSP since it's not even the real format used by Nintendo ? How do you define this as real scene release ?
Doesn't really make sense...

I think they just made it up and are running with it, guess no one contests it then there correct :P

Reactions: tiliarou

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone go online with legit unbanned console recently since the big change in CDN system last week, and bought and installed an actual eShop game.

Then modded their Switch, and dump and extracted their nand backup, to see if 'nintendo' infact with legit game bought thru eShop, stores these so called extra worthless metadata (xml's/jpg's) files on your Switch nand.

Maybe the problem is two-fold, not only are the previous dumps 'wrong', but maybe the current nsp installers, are not 'installing and looking' for all the files that the real switch does with legit eshop.

Remember tinfoil and other apps are all based on devmenu and early cdn tools, and devmenu is from early system firmware, it does not mean that even tho everything works fine now without this 'extra metadata', that it is not at least tracked and logged or stored by nintendo themselves at some point during the whole actual legit eShop buy,fetch,install process on the switch.

And you got to remember also, even if the above is 'useless' right now, does not mean in future like with v6.0 firmware when 'paid online' launches in 3 to 4 weeks, that these 'files' are now 'needed' and 'logged' and 'looked for'. :)

As per usual for you, large chunks of what you are saying is false. Devmenu is from 5.1.0. It is not an early tool, it is a developer tool.

Lotcheck information is extremely unlikely to ever be needed. If BBB wants to redump every eShop title, they can have at it. Just don't expect anyone to care. Scene should not concern themselves with No-intro style shit.

Last edited by blahblah,
Reactions: tiliarou

morvoran

President-Elect
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BBB just re-released Resident Evil Revelations 2 as an Internal (and later a repack Internal) and added a note in the nfo's:

Internal:
upload_2018-8-21_9-50-55.png

Repacked Internal:
upload_2018-8-21_9-50-15.png

I think they are trying to saying that their releases are safer than everybody elses.

Also, does anybody know why they'd release an Internal on top of their other release? I wonder if the "previous rls" they are talking about was their own.

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-21_9-50-4.png
    upload_2018-8-21_9-50-4.png
    3.4 KB · Views: 106
Last edited by morvoran,

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I for one will be waiting until this nsp bullshit is worked out and agreed as safe as possibly can be before I install a single one. XCI FOR THE WIN!!! Fuck nsp for now!! If that means I am a pure SX OS supporter then so be it and I couldn’t give a shit!! If TX copy some half assed open source bollocks to improve their product then I am all for it!!

Fuck reinx, atmosphere and all the other unfinished shite, SX OX works as promised so that’s good enough for me!!

PS I have been drinking so yes this is my honest opinion!!!

XCI IS ALL THATS NEEDED BITCHES!!

Last edited by nikeymikey,
Reactions: veddermandan

jakkal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I for one will be waiting until this nsp bullshit is worked out and agreed as safe as possibly can be before I install a single one. XCI FOR THE WIN!!! Fuck nsp for now!! If that means I am a pure SX OS supporter then so be it and I couldn’t give a shit!! If TX copy some half assed open source bollocks to improve their product then I am all for it!!

Fuck reinx, atmosphere and all the other unfinished shite, SX OX works as promised so that’s good enough for me!!

PS I have been drinking so yes this is my honest opinion!!!

XCI IS ALL THATS NEEDED BITCHES!!
not every game has physical copies
can you point me to Enter the Gungeon XCI?
How about Prison Architect?

oh wait

Reactions: whateverg1012

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k