Hardware big problems after cIOS install

mishale

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have HBC, installed Waninkokos cIOS (249 and 250) and Hermes cIOS (202, 222 and 223)and now instead of disc channel it says Wii Software Update
when i put a disc inside instead of staring the disc it says that i have to update the wii in order to be able to use that software and by doing that if i have unauthorized software it will be deactivated

all the backups i tried to play freeze after 30 seconds to 1 minute

H.K.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
if i understood right you softmodded your wii, following the (excellent) guide of xzxero ( http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901 ). Since i expierienced the same thing myself a few days ago softmodding a virgin wii 4.2E few days ago, i can easily help you by reccommending you to enter the priiloader (former preloader) by booting up your wii and keeping pressed the reset button.Once you get in the priiloader menu you should go to system hacks menu and enable the option which blocks the disk update.save and exit.that's all. if i understood the situation you are in. good luck.

mishale

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanx man. that really worked.

the thing is my backups still freeze. i am using usbloader_gx and an external hdd

any toughs about that?

H.K.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
about the freezing problem.
i would check out the disk, meaning the spindown problem which some disk face and as a result provoce the sintoms you encounter.
to solve this, you should attach the hard disk to your pc , download the disc utilities from the manufacturer , access the disk through the utility and disable the spindown option.
P.S. the time lag you wrote about (30 seconds to 1 minute) is pretty short to incriminate the spindown issue , but if i was you i would give it a try.
P.S.2. since you are using usbloader gx (with a high revision number), you could create a folder in the root named wbfs in another external disk transfering in this folder a couple of games through WiiBackupManager0.3.3 in wbfs file format and check out if the problem is persisting.
usb loader gx can boot games from a fat32 or ntfs formatted disk now, so you can avoid formatting in wbfs and lose precious data.this was told just to check out if the problem is the disk you are actually using now.

H.K.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
somebody have solved the freezing problem changing in the game load settings from cios 249 to cios 222.you could try it.

afnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I perfer to use wiiflow or configurable usb loader....maybe you should try one of them, they work perfect for me. see if you get the same problem

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: hey sylv? do you know why gameyob crashes on the EZP?