OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, I got a big problem on my hands, my friend asked me to install backup channel on his wii, and since I got one myself he only brought the console itself, I used my cables, power supply and sensor bar on his, BUT, his console won't turn on, it's receiving power (the red light is on) but as soon as I press the power button the light goes orange and then fades, I also tried to power it up by the eject button and inserting a disc, no good either.

I'm thinking that maybe it was my power supply that screwed it up and asked him to bring his to do a little test, but I got the same result.

What could have happened? And how can I solve it?

Please any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
Probably cIOSCORP (well it gets blamed for everything)..

Seriously though this has happened to a few people (try searching GOOGLE instead of panicking).

They leaving it off power for a few hours (gets rid of all static charge) then see how it goes if not then it looks like it will need to go back to big N

PS. Remove all SD cards from the wii if any are inserted as this problem can also be a result of a damaged sd slot in the wii (so I have read)

rodhenry

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Brazil
wiistarter said:
Seriously though this has happened to a few people (try searching GOOGLE instead of panicking).

They leaving it off power for a few hours (gets rid of all static charge) then see how it goes if not then it looks like it will need to go back to big N

PS. Remove all SD cards from the wii if any are inserted as this problem can also be a result of a damaged sd slot in the wii (so I have read)

wiistarter said:
Heres Ninty solutions for some power probs if you want to try

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/w...na/ts/power.jsp

I googled it but didn't find anything related, just people with no power Wii's. I also tryed to unplug it for hours and it didn't work either. There's no SD in the slot. I also tried the nintendo support site =\

wiipower
Was it turned off for a longer time? If yes, was the led red or orange all the time?

Yup, it was off for almost 8 hours before I tryed to turn it on. It is red all the time, when I press the power button it blinks orange and then fades.

Thanks for your help!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No i meant, what was the color of the led before you had the problem and how long was the wii turned "off" before you tried to turn it on?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
unplugg the cord, press and hold the POWER button for 30 secs, that would drain all the energy inside the Wii, now try to fire it up and see what happens, I can only assume that something internal got fucked up, but at least you can try several thing before confirming, also try to plug it in a solitary outlet, where no other device is plugged....!!
smile.gif

rodhenry

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Brazil
nabster92 said:
Are the Wii's from the same region? Try keeping it unplugged for a while and then try it with his cords again.

Yup, both are US consoles.

WiiPower said:
No i meant, what was the color of the led before you had the problem and how long was the wii turned "off" before you tried to turn it on?

Red in standby and green when powered on. About 8 hours off.

ether2802
unplugg the cord, press and hold the POWER button for 30 secs, that would drain all the energy inside the Wii, now try to fire it up and see what happens, I can only assume that something internal got fucked up, but at least you can try several thing before confirming, also try to plug it in a solitary outlet, where no other device is plugged....!!

I did that.

Thanks for all the answers guys!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)