Question Big N has killed TX ?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by f10, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Essasetic

Essasetic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Huntereb likes this.
  2. Game_Over_Tom

Game_Over_Tom Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2018
    United States
    So are you suggesting that when TX does release, no matter what, it has something to do with Hekate support for 6.2.0?

You guys have no idea. It's really funny to watch though. :rofl2:

King_Knoedel and hybrid -x1 like this.
  3. hybrid -x1

hybrid -x1 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 28, 2009
    United States
    Game Over from the TX forum? I really should make an account. I lurk it for information and stuff ;D lol

4. Aisuga

Aisuga Member

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2016
    France
    That just changed today, we got the first games/updates on master key 5. Min fw now is 6.0 to install all the new stuff.

5. Retroboy

Retroboy GBAtemp Maniac

May 28, 2015
    Brickware.

No brickware at all other than forcing into recovery mode.

You know the method Nintendo would do if sent for repair. As like Sony and Microsoft all ha e back doors into their systems, like how jailbreak was able to work.

If you don't like xecuter then fair enough, but stop spitting out bullshit claiming it's facts.

Not one person has had their console bricked from using sx. Again we've had idiots claim it's bricked but in fact it's sat in recovery mode.

Last edited by Retroboy, Dec 6, 2018 at 9:17 PM
    TooEazyy_- likes this.
  6. Erol

Erol GBAtemp Regular

May 13, 2009
    Gambia, The
  7. ssssss13

ssssss13 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 4, 2018
    United Kingdom
    King_Knoedel likes this.
  8. Cortexfou

Cortexfou GBAtemp Regular

Apr 14, 2016
    Belgium
    Indeed. Can you give us some please?

9. Game_Over_Tom

Game_Over_Tom Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2018
    United States
    The best advice I have to give is to ignore 90% of the people here on gbatemp. LOTS of false information stated as fact here. I just lurk around for good laughs really. Just started posting recently as I couldn't help myself from joining the fray. It's a mad house over here.

10. rory2005

rory2005 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2015
    Thats putting it politely

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

No TX hasn't died from a cold, Nintendo's assassins or any other bull crap you guys make up

hybrid -x1 and Game_Over_Tom like this.
  11. Essasetic

Essasetic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Because they'll """use""" the code for 6.2.0 support.

GerbilSoft likes this.
  12. snoofly

snoofly GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 18, 2015
    United States
    cool info bro..
    sounds like you and @bundat are the only ones on this thread that really know what’s going on amongst the usual shitposters

13. Game_Over_Tom

Game_Over_Tom Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2018
    United States
    See what I mean? Predicting the future. Planting those lies and speculations as early as possible. :lol:

14. pk92

pk92 Newbie

Newcomer
    Thursday
    United Kingdom
    Let me just get this straight, I posted about 6 things and you only replied to one. The crap TX put in that literally locks your emmc with a password which usually people wouldn't be able to find...

Nothing about using others GPL code, which is what I was mostly referring to (when you mentioned "theres never been proof that tx have stole anything.")

You could be a politician the way you avoid the main points

8BitWonder and GerbilSoft like this.
  15. isoisoiso

isoisoiso GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2018
    Niger
    Link? I tho this was the first console TX worked on so "ages ago" doesn't check out

Last edited by isoisoiso, Dec 6, 2018 at 11:01 PM
  16. V-Temp

V-Temp GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 20, 2017
    United States
    I think what he's actually saying, and what you seemed to have failed to grasp, was that there was a bricker built into the obfuscation elements of the early SX firmwares. A NAND locker was built into their firmware to attempt to prevent tampering/reverse engineering, and they were absolutely caught red-handed shipping that in their OS.

They removed it after it was discovered and, of course, hid under much the same bullshit you're spewing about no one having been bricked by it, but that doesn't actually change history and remove the brick code from having existed or being distributed to customers.

They shipped broken atmos code, forced a fast revision and patch, and still had broken atmos code left over. This was documented on this board. They may well test their code, but they absolutely do not test it to be 100% safe to release or bug free, otherwise the episode mentioned wouldn't have happened.

Also they sure keep failing at producing a PoC on their new product that they told us about 5 months ago. :unsure:Did it get lost in the mail?

GerbilSoft and pk92 like this.
  17. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Fan

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    TX were NOT the first ones to hack the Switch lmao

Last edited by ZachyCatGames, Dec 6, 2018 at 11:43 PM
  18. JeepX87

JeepX87 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    I’m glad that I didn’t buy SX but I’m not interested to pirate the games so it would be moot to own this unless I want to use to boot in RCM and send a payload, not SX CFW.

It would be different story if banned and have to update the game and DLC in NSP format since Nintendo took game update and eShop away for banned Switch.

I don’t know about entire situation with SX and it is no to make fun of SX users as they are waiting for 6.2 support to be available as banned Switch are stuck with no CFW if they use SX primarily.

19. V-Temp

V-Temp GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 20, 2017
    United States
    fail0verflow and ReSwitched (and Switchbrew) had the Switch hacked in various ways very close to the launch, and fail0verflow did the paperwork of even submitting the RCM overflow error to nVidia and Nintendo months before TX had even released a PoC video. Like, hell, we had threads on here tracking every fucking firmware and when/what was hacked or wasn't from 1.0.0 to 3.1+, this shit was many months before TX ever graced us with their farts in January of 2018.

Plutoo's presentation in December of 2017 laid out the vast work done by the scene long before TX ever even showed up.

lol

Some of y'all live in an alternate reality where TX is the only group in the scene. Where, yes, they were indeed the first to accomplish everything in this mythical mindscape you've invented. Probably in the same plane of existence as TX's promised XOne crack.

Last edited by V-Temp, Dec 6, 2018 at 11:52 PM
    Essasetic, pk92 and ZachyCatGames like this.
  20. bundat

bundat ¿

Jul 25, 2018
    Antarctica
    I think he's talking about Nintendo themselves mentioning SX Pro/SX OS directly here:
    https://ap.nintendo.com/_pdf/news/890191003.pdf

They removed the link to that file shortly after releasing it (but the file is still hosted there on their server). Guess they realized it's not smart to directly post on your website what tools/software you can use to pirate their games.

comput3rus3r likes this.