Question Big N has killed TX ?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by f10, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Freezerbomb

Freezerbomb Still not banned

Aug 17, 2018
    Sweden
    The brick code was to prevent crackers from cracking the DRM. It was a security system to protect the CFW. It doesn't affect users at all. It was removed because of the bad press. End of story. There was no malicious intent. Unlike the dude who made pikabricker...

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

TX is one of the original console hackers lol.

RedHunter, comput3rus3r and xIce101x like this.
  2. Cortexfou

Cortexfou GBAtemp Regular

Apr 14, 2016
    Belgium
    The thing is nobody has proof that the TX steals stuff and no one has evidence that it does not steal. We don't know. That's what I try to say. We dont know.
    So, think what you want. it will not stop people from buying it, using it and having fun with it.

3. pk92

pk92 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2018
    United Kingdom
    aHR0cHM6Ly9naXRodWIuY29tL25vaXJzY2FwZS9ub2lyc2NhcGUuZ2l0aHViLmlvL2Jsb2IvMjk1MDAxYmI0YjE3NWUxZWQ3NDgxZjc0ZmY0ZTg4NjY3MTc3NWZhYy9fcG9zdHMvMjAxOC0wNy0wNS1mdWNrLXR4Lm1k
    (b64 link as i can't post links but there's plenty of proof of finding GPL licensed code in SXOS here)

4. isoisoiso

isoisoiso GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2018
    Niger
    I meant first Nintendo console sorry

Interesting, haven't seen this

5. Huntereb

Huntereb GBAtemp Psycho!

Sep 1, 2013
    United States
    Just like Gateway's brick code when it misfired on normal user's systems? Assuming the brick code was actually removed, you "were" potentially one if-statement away from your system being a useless pile of plastic and metal. If you don't consider this a hit to your trust in a company, then you must have really cherished that $30 before you threw it away.

Except we do. Anyone can decompile their software with publicly available tools, look at their binaries within a disassembler, and see that the majority are stripped directly from Atmosphere and other open-source projects. This is common knowledge and has been proven many times over.

6. Cortexfou

Cortexfou GBAtemp Regular

Apr 14, 2016
    Belgium
    Maybe just a coincidence
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

7. weatMod

weatMod GBAtemp Addict

Aug 24, 2013
    United States
  8. Huntereb

Huntereb GBAtemp Psycho!

Sep 1, 2013
    United States
    Kinda hard to call directly copying "easter eggs" originally in Atmosphere's source code string-for-string a coincidence.

Draxzelex and ZachyCatGames like this.
  9. NeoSlyde

NeoSlyde Let us start the game

Mar 6, 2015
    Morocco
    Morocco
    More misinformation... Yaaay......

10. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Fan

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    It’s not misinformation though. Most of SX OS’s sysmodules are pretty much direct copies of older versions of Atmosphere’s sysmodules
    Edit: literally the only thing they changed is that loader and fsmitm look for shit in /SXOS rather than /Atmosphere

Last edited by ZachyCatGames, Dec 7, 2018
  11. Illuminaticy

Illuminaticy GBAtemp Regular

Oct 6, 2018
    United States
    We need a sticky thread where people can share their opinion on team xecuter/sx os. A thread that's contained to one area, not the whole fucking site. Keep the shit show in one area and be less toxic.
    I don't know if anyone else is super sick of seeing people bitch in every other thread about the controversial topics surrounding them.
    Who wants to see people praise the fuck out of TX, or shit on them in every other fucking thread?
    This site is almost becoming what cheeto man says. Fake news! Sad! Not very cool Kanye!

https://twitter.com/naehrwert/status/1014296078127022080?s=09 who

https://twitter.com/hexkyz/status/1012362983572492291?s=09 gives

https://twitter.com/hexkyz/status/1012146388484755456?s=09 a

https://twitter.com/hexkyz/status/1012149398929735681?s=09 fuck

https://github.com/noirscape/noirsc...ff4e886671775fac/_posts/2018-07-05-fuck-tx.md lol

The way I see it is; they are using OPEN SOURCE code to make a complete product, easy for rookie modders. Easy for people who are unsure of EXACTLY what to do, people who want to use what everyone else is using, what they can "most" information on.
    They're a business. They need to make money. They've been around a long time, and people keep using their products. You know why? Because they fucking work.

12. Meepers55

Meepers55 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 7, 2018
    United States
    Unfortunately, sticky threads don't stop people from starting their own threads or derailing other people's threads.

13. Illuminaticy

Illuminaticy GBAtemp Regular

Oct 6, 2018
    United States
    Ban them all lol. I know it wouldn't work, just wish there was a site that didn't have this shit littered everywhere.

vpd and Game_Over_Tom like this.
  14. Crazywhitie

Crazywhitie Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 5, 2007
    United States
    Just a quick update- 12/07/2018 an still know update from TX

15. P3T3

P3T3 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 15, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Tx state they are working on 6.2, just wait... Still no word, I think everyone has worked that out. Patience is needed and yes Nintendo will go for tx and there resellers but I don’t think they will stop tx!

16. JoeBloggs777

JoeBloggs777 GBAtemp Regular

May 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    one statement away after how many months now ? and how many swtiches has TX bricked ? I think its 0 if you take out those who tired cracking it.

the only bricked switches came from the noobs who thought it was funny to release games with brick code in that would brick a switch

my cherished $30 was well spent after 6 months SX is still working great on 6.01 with XCi loading and running games from my SSD drive.

i've no doubt that TX will release a update soon, I'm in no rush as everything works now so no need to update to 6.2

17. Essasetic

Essasetic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Also the reason the new SX OS is not out (yet) is probably because they're making their new forums. https://team-xecuter.com/community/whats-new/

When the forums are officially launched a new version of SX OS will come out.

18. Dust2dust

Dust2dust GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 17, 2010
    Canada
    Not to mention it's also not smart to directly mention the exact names of two famous websites offering warez games for the Switch in the newsletter you linked to (third paragraph). So maybe you should remove that link, to comply with this site's rules. Funny that Nintendo did this, though... :rofl: It's like an internal document that should never had been made publicly available.

Last edited by Dust2dust, Dec 8, 2018 at 12:31 PM - Reason: censored link still linked to the culprit. lol
  19. bundat

bundat ¿

Jul 25, 2018
    Antarctica
    I got that link from the Switch Weekly Issue 2 though, which is a GBATemp official news article, written by a GBATemp moderator, available here:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-weekly-issue-2.518238/

And it's on Nintendo.com, and it's an official press release by them, so that's as "official" as it gets. :rofl:

Last edited by bundat, Dec 8, 2018 at 12:47 PM
  20. Dust2dust

Dust2dust GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 17, 2010
    Canada
    I don't know why, I've got the Ironic song from Alanis Morissette floating in my head now. :P To their defense, one of the sites is dead now (just checked). But the other one is very much alive (that dark place).