Hacking Big Brain Academy and New Mario Bros single-cart download play not wor

KOMI

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've owned my M3 Real for about 2 weeks now, and so far have been pretty happy with it. It runs all my games fine and I haven't had one lockup or freeze yet.

However, after reading several, several articles of people testing their M3 Real single-cart download abilities with games, it seems like something is off. Two games I have that don't work are Big Brain Academy and the New Super Mario Bros.

I select these games with 'Y' to enable download play, but they just lockup once I start sending the data to another DS. I thought the M3 Real was supposed to have 100% download playing capabilities?

M3 themselves have no support for this, but other threads I've read on other boards are full of people saying that their SMB and BBA games work fine with single-cart download play, but with maybe 1 or 2 people saying theirs aren't... Why is mine also not working then?

I have the latest firmware, and my ROMS are official and not trimmed or tampered with in any way.

teH XeRO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea some games that dont work by default need to be set up in the config section for that game. if you drag the file to the left to open the config, you can go to download and play, and where it says normal you can set it to enable. the first party download and play games should work. i just tried that with new super mario bros last night..worked fine.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
teH XeRO said:
yea some games that dont work by default need to be set up in the config section for that game. if you drag the file to the left to open the config, you can go to download and play, and where it says normal you can set it to enable. the first party download and play games should work. i just tried that with new super mario bros last night..worked fine.

QUOTE(revoman @ Jul 10 2008, 08:54 PM) When u select a game, it takes u to the menu where u select cheats etc, Instead of pressing A/Start try pressing Y

Says in bottom right corner: [ Y ]-Download Play

Edit: my bad just re read ur post, ignore that and try using m3sakura
FYI he's currently using M3manager(original) firmware in download play mode(Y launch)
the fix is: use m3sakura in download play mode instead.

KOMI

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thedicemaster said:
try nsmb in download play mode with m3sakura.
it should work, just tested it.

QUOTE(teH XeRO @ Jul 10 2008, 07:30 PM) yea some games that dont work by default need to be set up in the config section for that game. if you drag the file to the left to open the config, you can go to download and play, and where it says normal you can set it to enable. the first party download and play games should work. i just tried that with new super mario bros last night..worked fine.

Yeah, I actually tried Sakura today as well, and still no luck. I went to the config and set them to 'Enabled' and everything, but they still lock up when trying to send the game to another DS for single-cart play.

My other games seem to work fine... Just these two aren't. Which sucks cause these are two of my favorite games to play for multiplayer.

And to be clear, I'm talking about the 'Mini-Games' portion not working for NSMB, since I know that the Mario vs Luigi part works apparently.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
are you TRIMMING??

try using the ROM UN-TRIMMED
smile.gif

KOMI

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
revoman said:
kobykaan said:
are you TRIMMING??

try using the ROM UN-TRIMMED
smile.gif

Good point there
wink.gif
Sometime trimming fudges up the dl play support, it did on my r4 for a while

Nah, like I mentioned in my first post, they're not trimmed nor am I trimming. And to be fair I don't even know how to trim if I wanted to (which I don't, since I have no reason to save filespace on my 4GB card)

Maybe there's a patch or something I should be applying to these games?

g6team

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
You shouldn't need to patch these games. Although you have mentioned these are dumps have not been tampered before, I would suggest you to get another set of these games and test that out as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: