Better Support: AceKard vs M3

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by twiztidsinz, Mar 16, 2010.

Mar 16, 2010
  1. twiztidsinz
    OP

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    I don't want this to turn into a flame war, but which team has better support?

M3 has been around as long as I personally can remember, which at first thought might make you say "That means they're stable" but my thought is "What if they're at the end of their life?"

AceKard, or more specifically Normmatt and Smiths, seem to have great and fast support for the card, but I can't help but feel that if they stop updating AKAIO, that's it.

Any thoughts/arguments on the subject?

2. ACDCGAMER

Member ACDCGAMER GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I think that we should just appreciate that both the AceKard and M3 teams are still dedicated to releasing updates on a rather nice basis, from what I've heard. I don't own an AceKard, and so I'm not sure if this is the case for the AceKard team, but I know that the M3 team continues to release updates occasionally.

3. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    I would say M3, they have to release updates for 6 differenet firmwares and still do it in a quick period of time so I would say go with M3, also you will never get updates when the current akAIO gets dumped and the nest one is being worked on which can sometimes take months

4. Masked Ranger

Member Masked Ranger GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Antarctica
    Please explain what you mean when you say, "also you will never get updates when the current akAIO gets dumped". It's been about 2.5 months between AKAIO 1.5.1 and 1.6RC.

5. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    You can go with either really. They both get fast updates, acekard gets faster updates because they have crack heads like Normmatt working around the clock [​IMG]

6. twiztidsinz
    OP

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    I don't think "crack heads" mean what you think it means.....
    [​IMG]

7. Ryukouki

Member Ryukouki See you later, guys.

United States
    XD I loled at that one!