Better late than never! Tetris Tournament!

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Tetris Arena Tournament!

y5D9Q15.jpg

Oh, yes. The time has arrived. I told you all there would be a tournament coming. You all guessed, and you were all wrong. We are going to have an honest to goodness Tetris battle royale. The road will be littered with the withered corpses and mangled fingers of the fallen, and in the end, only one shall stand king. That's not to say that there won't be prizes for second and third. Because there will be. This time around we have A total of $100 in gift certificates for thinkgeek.com First place will get $50. Second and third places will each get $25.
Now let's get to the brass tacks. This tournament will not take place on the Nintendo DS or Wii. The reason being, there is more of a possibility of cheaters on these platforms. That, and it's easier to organize this way. No, we are going to use a flash based website. More specifically, THIS one. The site that we are going to use is capable of creating private rooms/lobbies containing up to 6 players, making this site perfect for tournament play. So if you haven't already, go there and create an account. Feel free to brush up on your T-spin skills before the tournament starts.

Right now, all you need to do is post your In-game screen name AND your Time Zone in GMT +/-00:00 format. (Eg: My time zone is PST, so my GMT code is -07:00) If you don't know it, you can find it by clicking on your country in this list: HERE. If you do not include this information, you will not be included in the tournament.

Registration will end April 4th. After I have tallied everyone up, I will announce the rules of the tournament, and announce the date and times of the tournament. There are a few things I can tell you now, however. The rounds will be played on a Saturday or Sunday (PST). USB controllers ARE allowed, but not officially supported by the site, so you would need to utilize a program like Joy2key to make it work. You ARE allowed to practice to your heart's content, and you ARE allowed to create rooms and groups to practice. You are NOT, however, permitted to use this thread to arrange those practice groups. In the official tournament games, Maps and Items will be turned OFF, so if and when you practice, I would suggest turning maps and items off while you do so. Once everyone has registered, I will separate everyone into two lists, based on time zones. From those lists, your groups of 6 will be chosen by random.org. No one will be allowed to switch between groups unless express permission is given, and unless a valid reason is expressed.

This thread is to ONLY be used for registration. If you have a questions, feel free to PM me about it. If it's an important question that I feel a lot of people might ask, I'll post it here in the OP for everyone's benefit.

Have fun!

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Username: Arras01
Timezone: GMT+1
I kinda suck at Tetris (I have no clue how to do a T-Spin for example, I hardly know what it is), but whatever.

DragorianSword

GBAtemp's #1 Gunter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Username: DragorianSword
Timezone: GMT +1:00

I'll obliterate you all with my skills! (not really I'm not that good, just want to see how far I can get)

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously? This was pretty much how my entire senior Advanced Math class time was spent. Unsurprisingly I only got a C in that class but until they did a stat reset a couple years ago I was hella high up there in 6P mode.

Username: FEG
GMT-4, I guess, given DST. EST, anyways.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    cearp @ cearp: It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space