Best Zelda?

Uiaad

GBAtemp's resident guinea pig
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You really don't want to open this can of worms - my personal fav is Link to the Past

But asking which the best Zelda is, is like asking which is better chocolate or vanilla ice cream your gonna have fans on every side

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yeah...you can't really compare them. The versions are too different to truly compare. But hey...since it's perfectly fair to compare apples to oranges, here are my favorite ones (that I've played) :

1) Link's awakening. No doubt this is because I played it to death on gameboy, but it just appeals to me most (oracle of seasons and ages share the 2nd/3rd place in this category)
2) 4 sword adventure. Yes, it's about as linear as it gets, but this control-four-Links setup is something I just find hilarious
3) Twilight princess. I have a lot of fond memories on this one, but never bothered to play through this one twice.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep your worms, we don't need them out here. What we need is a master sword that shoots beams and clever use of puzzles in dungeons.

Link's awakening :ninja:

There is no best, asking me what's the worst, I can give you simple answers.

What exactly is your opinion on best?

Story? Boring complex and unnecessarily heavy to make fans try and piece together a series that doesn't intend to be a series with story connected together.

music? Some games have good memorable songs, and some don't have any (breath of the wild) There i said it.

Graphics? Scarf link from hyrule warriors look good to me. Twilight princess is second.

Gameplay, depends on if you like open world no clue games like the first two zelda games or one with structure like most of them have.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I'd probably rank all the mainline Zelda games like this:

Link to the Past
Link's Awakening
Minish Cap
Oracle of Ages
Oracle of Seasons
Majora's Mask
Ocarina of Time
Twilight Princess
Wind Wanker
BOTW
Skyward Sword
Phantom Hourglass
Zelda 1
Zelda 2
Shitty Train One I forget the name of
Shitty ALBW

I never did play Four Swords, so I can't really say for that one. Same for Triforce Heroes.

Last edited by Tom Bombadildo,
Reactions: Chary and Uiaad

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which one is best?
any games except for skyward sword the original DS titles or zelda II is a good starting point I would suggest A link to the past

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do you guys think BotW is a brilliant game but a bad Zelda?
very good game though it does have some major flaws

Jalil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
FUCKING ocaina of time men (of course) :::! then twilight princess (great experience)
i played them ALL :::: and its my personal opinion /

Nisem0n0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1.majoras mask
2.minish cap
3.wind waker
4.link to the past
and i don't feel like writing the rest of this list. but my top 4 would look something like that, but i really do like all the gbc ones. its a hard decision.

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@SG854 This is a question you'll never have a straight answer to, lol. I guess you could always go by aggregate scores on places like Metacritic, but that doesn't always mean you'll like the game. @Uiaad and @Taleweaver are right in saying it's pretty much down to personal preference. What kinds of things you look for in a game and what looks engaging to you will trump any advice we could give here. BUT, if you're looking for suggestions regardless, I'll say there's no "best" one, merely suggestions on which ones to play. For that, I'd suggest any of the following, in no particular order...

Oracle of Ages/Seasons (I prefer Ages, but that's me)
Majora's Mask 3D (I find the remasters on the 3DS to be superior to the originals)
Ocarina of Time 3D
Breath of the Wild
A Link to the Past
(either the GBA or SNES version, both are fine unless you're a purist)
Windwaker (I'd suggest playing the Wii U HD remaster here. Barring that, play the GameCube one on Dolphin with some hacks to bring it up to par)
The Minish Cap

I guess you could add either the Wii U or GameCube versions of Twilight Princess to the list (not the Wii one), but that game seems more hit and miss with people.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I am a fan of Zelda so I loved all of them. Finished most of them. Only two left is Wii U - Skyward and Nintendo Switch version - breath of the wild, I think.

You should finish all of them. Two left for me. :)
skyward sword was only on wii the version on wiiu is just the wii version

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work