Hacking Best working 3DS Flashcard (normal DS games)

Insomnium

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys, I got a question.
I own a New 3DS XL with the firmware 11.6 (Luma3DS and boot9strap installed).
I already have a flashcard called "R4 3DS RTS" (not the gold one).
But the problem is, that the games freeze randomly mid game and i cant fix the issue (tested multiple micro-sd cards, still freeze).
I think the problem is, that the flashcard is very cheaply made (but its not a fake one).

Can you suggest best working Flashcards, which play DS games fluent and without freezes?

I am from Germany so pls forgive me because of my bad english :x

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Hey guys, I got a question.
I own a New 3DS XL with the firmware 11.6 (Luma3DS and boot9strap installed).
I already have a flashcard called "R4 3DS RTS" (not the gold one).
But the problem is, that the games freeze randomly mid game and i cant fix the issue (tested multiple micro-sd cards, still freeze).
I think the problem is, that the flashcard is very cheaply made (but its not a fake one).

Can you suggest best working Flashcards, which play DS games fluent and without freezes?

I am from Germany so pls forgive me because of my bad english :x
For my personal use, I have 2017 R4i gold pro (The Gold).Bought it in Czech for like 5 usd and with YSmenu works without any problems (no freezes whatsoever).

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use a 2015 R4iSDHC RTS Lite cart. Works all well, though I can't seem to soft reset on it. I've only been using it on and off for 2 months, after almost 2 years of not even putting it in a DS/3DS.

Insomnium

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The r4 gold rts looks also very cheaply made and i am concerned, that it also won't work.
What i dont like about my R4 card is especially, that the micro-sd card dont click in like if you put the r4 cartridge in the 3ds.
I think the random freeze is caused by the bad connection between the R4 card and the micro-sd card.
Any other flashcards with better build quality? I dont mind if higher price

ClassyDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using the standard SuperCard DSTwo (not DSTwo+) for many years and it still works great! It plays all games well and even has an in-game menu that lets you use save states and cheats. It was $40 when I bought it but I'm not sure if they still produce them.

Reactions: Zaide and tatumanu

tatumanu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The r4 gold rts looks also very cheaply made and i am concerned, that it also won't work.
What i dont like about my R4 card is especially, that the micro-sd card dont click in like if you put the r4 cartridge in the 3ds.
I think the random freeze is caused by the bad connection between the R4 card and the micro-sd card.
Any other flashcards with better build quality? I dont mind if higher price
I've been using a DStwo 2 in 1 for ...i lost count maybe 8 years now, and it still works super well. As for its build quality, the plastic case is very weak but the PCB never gave me problems. Hope it helps

Reactions: ClassyDragon

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I've been using the standard SuperCard DSTwo (not DSTwo+) for many years and it still works great! It plays all games well and even has an in-game menu that lets you use save states and cheats. It was $40 when I bought it but I'm not sure if they still produce them.

I've been using a DStwo 2 in 1 for ...i lost count maybe 8 years now, and it still works super well. As for its build quality, the plastic case is very weak but the PCB never gave me problems. Hope it helps

i also have DS2, for 5 years, but this is one majot problem with that card, if you leave it on 3DS, it will eat the battery like nothing else on earth.
that's why i switched to GW blue card and R4i SDHC.

Reactions: ClassyDragon

ClassyDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i also have DS2, for 5 years, but this is one majot problem with that card, if you leave it on 3DS, it will eat the battery like nothing else on earth.
That's true, it certainly isn't easy on the battery. I've had issues with my 3ds running out of battery far sooner than I anticipated while using it :unsure:

tatumanu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
True , the extra processor on the DS two does eat battery life, personally i never experienced a huge problem with it.
I have trouble running a few games on the GW Blue card ( GTA Chinatown Wars doesn't work for me), as for the R4i SDHC i never had one so i have no idea about the quality of that one.

Insomnium

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Does the card work on 3DS firmware 11.6? :)

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
True , the extra processor on the DS two does eat battery life, personally i never experienced a huge problem with it.
I have trouble running a few games on the GW Blue card ( GTA Chinatown Wars doesn't work for me), as for the R4i SDHC i never had one so i have no idea about the quality of that one.
the only thing i like about the GW blue card is it fits on the card slot on 3DS like any real DS or 3DS game and easy to eject, unlike super card or R4i gold or SDHC, those card have troubles if i want to insert it on the system.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Does the card work on 3DS firmware 11.6? :)
yes, but please don't get it, there are cheaper options and regular DS2 is stopped being made.

Reactions: Insomnium

Insomnium

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh okay, i didnt that the DS2 is stopped being made :/

how about the DSTT Flashcard?
I heard that you can play with this card on 3ds somehow with ApacheThunder (boot9strap)

thisisallowed

中国御宅族
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I used the DS2 but it broke.
The R4i SDHC dual core from r4isdhc.com.cn is very good. The plastic feels sturdy.
My r4i gold and dual core both DONT have clicking microsds but they both work great.

Last edited by thisisallowed,

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The R4i gold 3ds RTS probably is your best bet (or the supercard DSTWO plus, depending on the features you want/need). Many other cards that suggested here (namely the r4isdhc.com and the r4i-sdhc.com cards) have a so called timebomb that forces you to download a new kernel every few years (which is stupid because that will only work as long as the team exists).

Reactions: Insomnium

Mark2333

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then you can try the R4i gold 3ds rts from r4ids.cn, an very old R4 card but with stable wood kernel. However, my R4i sdhc 3ds rts from 3ds-flashcard site is working perfectly for any ds games. Do you get the wifi version one?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello