Hacking Best way to now make a bootable image? Or ?

converted

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Might be a dumb question... image of my external HD ? Hi guys - have been busy transferring all of my 'backups' to my USB HD and all games are working great with Configurable USB Loader. It's taken some time of course so I was wondering what you guys have done with respect to keeping a backup. I'm willing to go out and buy another same type external HD just to have for safe keeping if this one ever goes on me... but how to transfer everything over ? Easy as drag and drop everything at once from one drive to the other while plugged into my PC?

OR - Do I require some type of software that creates a bootable type image or ? I use SuperDuper for my MAC but of course it doesn't work with FAT32. Not totally sure if this whole mod thing creates the external drive with a bootable portion for the Wii or not... if I can just copy > paste to another drive to use as a backup that would be sweet. Is it as simple as that or ???

Thanks !

mvgc3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your drive is FAT or NTFS, drag and drop will work just fine. If it's WBFS you'll need to use a backup manager, but you should be able to use that to move all your games over from one to the other.

converted

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah my main game drive is currently FAT32 ( I used the formatter that was provided with ModMii ).

Ok - will use the formatter again on my backup drive and simply copy > paste everything over. Awesome thanks... I was just worried that there was some special boot partition or something so that process wouldn't entirely work.

Cheers...

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
When in doubt, norton ghost with the 'image all' option works great. It will do a bit by bit clone of the hard drive, but you have to make sure that the destination drive is same size or greater than the source drive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative