Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

nukememobile

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone who's used modmii before would have a backup in their modmii temp folder.

I understand someone may be uploading a modmii temp folder to mariocube soon...

A better workaround is in the works
Sorry to barge in, I'm in a similar situation in the sense where the nus download using modmii classic is stating that it is missing ios13-64-v1032.wad and ios-55-64-v5663.wad, the download fails every time (using r) and I think it is a 404 issue ultimately. I don't trust alternate wad download locations and the ones I found under old and under wads fail the checksum from modmii (I put them in the temp folder beside the others that downloaded correctly to ensure modmii would run a checksum prior to me installing untrusted wads and possibly bricking the wii) Anyhow. Thanks for the awesome toolset, but, I am curious as to what I should do about this. Whe you state a better workaround is in the works, what are you referencing? Thanks!

Reactions: XFlak

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I understand that a working modmii temp folder will find it's way into Mariocube shortly, I don't have control over this and cannot provide an ETA. And you don't really need to worry too much about what u save to modmii's temp folder, if a WAD fails checksums, modmii will delete it from its temp folder automatically.

I am also having someone help me investigate building a custom version of nusd.exe (used by ModMii) that will check a secondary server for files in the event that the primary NUS server is down. This is a similar solution that has already been implemented by the RC24 patcher / team.

I was going to wait for a couple other things (like the new usbloader gx) before pushing another modmii update, but if i manage to get a solid nusd workaround working, I will push a quick update asap. Realistically though the earliest it would be ready is by the weekend-ish.

MistaH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@XFlak I can only hope they do.. Three of those IOS70 V6687 wads I downloaded from different sites, all had the same MD5 signature.. So they've either been procured from the Mario Cube cube site already.. OR another common source.. As for reset of them.. They all had differing MD5 signatures though..

@hdherlambang Would you mind uploading those zip files to mega.nz or some other upload site? As I'd like to check there MD5 signatures to.

nukememobile

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I understand that a working modmii temp folder will find it's way into Mariocube shortly, I don't have control over this and cannot provide an ETA. And you don't really need to worry too much about what u save to modmii's temp folder, if a WAD fails checksums, modmii will delete it from its temp folder automatically.

I am also having someone help me investigate building a custom version of nusd.exe (used by ModMii) that will check a secondary server for files in the event that the primary NUS server is down. This is a similar solution that has already been implemented by the RC24 patcher / team.

I was going to wait for a couple other things (like the new usbloader gx) before pushing another modmii update, but if i manage to get a solid nusd workaround working, I will push a quick update asap. Realistically though the earliest it would be ready is by the weekend-ish.
No stress, you're amazing to support this like you do. I am basically trying to make the code downloader app and cheat manager apps work again (they worked years ago, but now they just hang on a screen expecting input and nothing I do either with a gc controller or wiimote does anything whatsoever. I imagined this may be due to some broken ios, so I ran a syscheck and fed it to your amazing tool in order to set everyrhing straight in the hopes that this makes that work again) Otherwise, I'm pretty much able to make everything work fine. I used the first part (hackmii etc in boot2) to at least update my bootmi and hbc versions to the latest ones in the meantime :) Thanks again for taking your time maintaining this. It's really appeciated.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
No stress, you're amazing to support this like you do. I am basically trying to make the code downloader app and cheat manager apps work again (they worked years ago, but now they just hang on a screen expecting input and nothing I do either with a gc controller or wiimote does anything whatsoever. I imagined this may be due to some broken ios, so I ran a syscheck and fed it to your amazing tool in order to set everyrhing straight in the hopes that this makes that work again) Otherwise, I'm pretty much able to make everything work fine. I used the first part (hackmii etc in boot2) to at least update my bootmi and hbc versions to the latest ones in the meantime :) Thanks again for taking your time maintaining this. It's really appeciated.
Modmii has a cheat code downloader, it just takes awhile, modmii classic's dl page 2. And it should be easy to just enable cheats from with your loader, but depends on what loader you're using u didn't say. A lot of older cheat code download tools don't work anymore since geckocodes went down, but the RC24 guys mirrored it at codes.rc24.xyz, apps just need updating.

Edit: and thanks for the kudos!

nukememobile

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Modmii has a cheat code downloader, it just takes awhile, modmii classic's dl page 2. And it should be easy to just enable cheats from with your loader, but depends on what loader you're using u didn't say. A lot of older cheat code download tools don't work anymore since geckocodes went down, but the RC24 guys mirrored it at codes.rc24.xyz, apps just need updating.

Edit: and thanks for the kudos!
I usually use neogamma as my loader since most of my backups are on dvd. I did not know modii had a code downloader though, interesting, I will have to check how that works :P

MistaH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@XFlak I think having a "backup" or "Blan B" substitute NUS server would be a VERY good idea.. As after watching a video on the Spawn Wave, YouTube channel.. It would seem a number of WADs are starting to become unavailable from Nintendo's own official servers.. Which may mean.. And after a similar issue that nukememobile has also reported to.. There probably starting to remove WADs from there own official NUS server as well..

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Good news everyone!

Updated on April 2: To fix any ModMii NUS Download issues you might be experiencing, just have it check for updates (by default this is done when launched). Even if there are no updates, ModMii's update checks will detect unpatched ModMii installations, and patch them automatically. This will allow you to easily patch older versions of ModMii without being forced to update. That being said, it is always recommended to use the latest version of ModMii!

I come bearing TWO solutions!

The first is to take the attached zip, and extract it's contents to ModMii's support folder, overwriting the files currently there. This should fix current and even older versions of ModMii if for some reason you are running an old version (which is generally not advised). The source for these and ModMii's other supporting apps are here (link also on shared the ModMii.github.io Credits page). Major thanks goes out to @TheShadowEevee and the RC24 team for this!!

EXTRACT THE ATTACHED ZIP TO MODMII'S SUPPORT FOLDER TO FIX NUS ISSUES UNTIL THE NEXT UPDATE IS RELEASED!

The second solution is that a working ModMii temp folder has been uploaded to the Mario cube repository, or so I'm told. Can't\won't link to it, but it's easy enough to find.

I'll try to push an official update soon so that these workarounds won't be necessary for long.

Attachments

• ModMii_NUS_Patch.zip
    16.5 KB · Views: 119
Last edited by XFlak,

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Ios, cios, system menu, wiiware or VC wads, no, you can't link them publically on gbatemp.

If u have constructed a wad that doesn't contain copywritten Nintendo code (E. G. A forwarder channel) then this is fine to share on gbatemp.

nukememobile

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Good news everyone! I come bearing TWO solutions!

The first is to take the attached zip, and extract it's contents to ModMii's support folder, overwriting the files currently there. This should fix curr[...]. Major thanks goes out to @TheShadowEevee and the RC24 team for this!!

EXTRACT THE ATTACHED ZIP TO MODMII'S SUPPORT FOLDER TO FIX NUS ISSUES UNTIL THE NEXT UPDATE IS RELEASED!

The second solution is that a working ModMii temp folder has been uploaded to the Mario cube repository, or so I'm told. Can't\won't link to it, but it's easy enough to find.

I'll try to push an official update soon so that these workarounds won't be necessary for long.
this worked wonderfully btw.

Fortniter

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hello, i got a old wii 4.1E

First i hacked the wii thrue Str2haxand got the homebrew channel, then i couldnt make the d2x cios to work and ended up with modmii, didnt work with the modmii skin but dos version did. Installed modmii and it seemed fine but i couldnt get the USB loader to work, it showed up and i had the game showing but when i pressed it got back to homebrew channel. (same with the other hack)

Now, here is where things went bad. I manage do remove the homebrew channel and cant get it back again, i got stuck at the scam site where to press 1.

Any ideas for me to do?

Sry for my bad english, hope you understand what i mean

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    Lol I think my first modem was 48K but it had some sort of firmware or software update that let me get 56K
    +1
    I had EarthLink lol
    A bunch of NetZero accounts that I used for things... Lol
    +1
    So glad I'm not in prison lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea marriage is a bitch sometimes...
    I legit think they passed the cyber terrorism laws from some of my hmm pranks lol
    I knocked the east coast backbone of EarthLink offline for like 6 hours one time, was on the news and everything well I mean I wasn't on the news.... Just they where having "technical difficulties" lol
    +1
    Was just one single custom packet. I miss when Internet security was an afterthought lol almost all modems and network hardware operated in promiscuous mode.
    Now these days they do sanity checks.... The source IP can't also be the destination IP lol
    They did end up using some of my stuff in the first Gulf war though lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GUYS I JUST COMMENTED A YOUR MOM JOKE ON A GACHA YT COMMUNITY POST (the algorithm has cursed me in terms of community posts, bc I fuck around on that sort of community post, just commenting and being a jackass)
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT FELT SO GOOD
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: IT FELT SO GOOD