• No, and I posted what went wrong

Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Will my 2tb hard drive work? From what I'm reading its saying that anything over 2tb is not recomended.
Hello,

just a little info:

to find out if your 2 TB external hard drive is compatible with your wii, is to put a single game in it and test with it, you will form an opinion as to whether it works with your wii, and then test with the following three loaders (wiiflow lite , usb loader gx and Configurable loader v70).
Then you can post your tests here, for other people who would have the same problem as you.
having test results is always positive

Reactions: Alexander1970

AdmnHellriser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2TB should work fine, but again compatibility varies from hdd to hdd, so there are no guarantees, but I would think it's more likely to work than your thumb drive.

You may have more luck with that thumb drive if you format it as wbfs using wii backup manager. U would forgo many of the benefits of fat32, but wbfs often demonstrates greater hdd compatibility.

And iirc the size limitation on sd cards doesn't necessarily apply to homebrew applications.
Unfortunately the HDD wasn't picked up either, I can try wbfs when I get home. Could there be any other problems like a bad USB port or maybe my Wii doesn't pick up my USB because of a bad drive or something?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Does anyone have a syscheck for a JPN or Korean console? I want to see what this line looks like on these consoles. I've pasted the 3 examples I have seen. I suspect for JPN Consoles the region would simply be "JAP" and for Korean consoles simply "KOR", but would love some help confirming! Thanks!!

Code:
Region: NTSC-U (original region: JAP)
Region: NTSC-U
Region: PAL

The reason I am asking is that given my 4.1X discovery (see link below), I don't want to rely on the letter that comes after system menu version to detect the region anymore in ModMii's Syscheck Updater wizard
https://gbatemp.net/threads/quick-newbie-questions-here.155449/post-9751050

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Does anyone have a syscheck for a JPN or Korean console? I want to see what this line looks like on these consoles. I've pasted the 3 examples I have seen. I suspect for JPN Consoles the region would simply be "JAP" and for Korean consoles simply "KOR", but would love some help confirming! Thanks!!

Code:

The reason I am asking is that given my 4.1X discovery (see link below), I don't want to rely on the letter that comes after system menu version to detect the region anymore in ModMii's Syscheck Updater wizard

Hello @XFlak ,

for the KOR version

look here ==>https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/page-8#post-9085593

AdmnHellriser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure the drive is MBR and not GPT, and of course hardware issues could also be the root cause
I had to reformat the HDD on my computer first because all the sudden it wasn't being picked up on there. But after I made it a drive I formatted it to FAT32 and everything worked perfectly. I know .ISO and .WBFS files work with USB Loader GX but do .nkit.ISO files work? Should I use one over another?

Last edited by AdmnHellriser,

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Revs are just slight differences in the release, I don't think the difference are ever significant.

Use the processing app, browse for the nkit iso (or is it drag and drop? I don't recall), then look for the converted iso in one of the subdirectories where the nkit app is saved

AdmnHellriser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Revs are just slight differences in the release, I don't think the difference are ever significant.

Use the processing app, browse for the nkit iso (or is it drag and drop? I don't recall), then look for the converted iso in one of the subdirectories where the nkit app is saved
So I'm assuming that its better to take the later rev? Where can I go to find out how to transfer .wbfs games to my HDD?

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Code:

Hello

I am attaching a Korean syscheck report, which I found ==>syscheck report of @WarTax

in addition this person is looking to convert his console to PAL (EUR),
I told him to come to this forum to ask his question here, so don't worry if someone asks you the question.
I directed him to this forum.:lol:

Sincerely Jeannotte

Last edited by jeannotte,
Reactions: ca032769 and XFlak

WarTax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hello Xflak,

I followed all the steps, but when I run Any Region Changer I have one mistake:
ok!
Error getting settings! 9, 7, -24582, 0, 1
And I come back to HBC.....

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Strange, never heard that one before....

You could try the older version of ARC, it doesn't work with wii motion + remotes, and you will have to make sure to change the video mode settings back after auto adjusting other settings
https://github.com/modmii/modmii.github.io/blob/master/temp/ARCmod06_Offline.zip

Follow the steps from this video, except pick 249 instead of 236 since u don't have 236 installed

If this STILL doesn't work, the only other way of region changing is using ohneschwanzenegger, providing it with a nand backup and/or keys from your Korean wii, and having it construct a different region nand.bin for u that's compatible with the wii in question, then restore it using bootmii. Very important though, make sure you use KoreanKii to remove the Korean key before doing this!! The Korean key is in the seeprom, not just the nand, so restoring a non-Korean nand backup won't remove the Korean key from the seeprom, and if the Korean key is found on a 4.2 or 4.3 non-Korean system menu, and a stock ios70 or ios80 is installed, you will 003 brick. For this reason, you should remove the Korean key before hand, and maybe build a 4.1 nand (instead of 4.2 or 4.3) using ohneschwanzenegger just in case to be extra careful.

This isn't without some risk though, unless u have bootmii installed as boot2, then it's not as risky

WarTax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
not working also ...
IMG_20220220_214957.jpg

Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat