OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Next time please include some text in your posts, lol

Not sure how to post and error using the program.
Followed every step and received no errors but did not let me load from usb drive. I the rand the system check and did the su function. It said I was missing 3 iso's and ran the fix. everything worked and got those 3 in but still can not load anything from usb. the system just locks up and I have to pull the plug and restart the system. Could someone point me in the right direction.
did u follow the usb-loader set up part of the guide? If so, that means you should have confirmed your hard drive is compatible on the compatibility list and you should have formatted it properly according to ModMii's guide. Also, do you have the hard drive plugged into port 0 (i.e. the port nearest the edge of the unit)?

zbeast

Trying to Figure Out ModMii
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did u follow the usb-loader set up part of the guide? If so, that means you should have confirmed your hard drive is compatible on the compatibility list and you should have formatted it properly according to ModMii's guide. Also, do you have the hard drive plugged into port 0 (i.e. the port nearest the edge of the unit)?

Yes I did. I have an old wii I did about a year ago and it works great. The drive I made following the instructions works great in my older Wii but not in the one I used the MoodMii on. The syschecks are not even close between the two. The one I used ModMii on brings up the list of games on the drive but locks up if I do anything even something like update the covers. I was thinking if I could just clone the old one :) but I don't thing I can really do that without bricking it.
Is there a way to copy all my ISOs of one system and onto the other. I noticed the one done with ModMii also does not have a lot of the T Bugs that my old wii has. I attached the syscheck for the two systems.

Attachments

• Syschecks.txt
    5.2 KB · Views: 258

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
it's possible that the version of cios249 installed on your problematic wii doesn't like your HDD. Since your other Wii can read the HDD, you could try installing that version of cios249 to the other wii. To do that go to ModMii's download page 4 and enter "2491957", then "d", then "y".

Vekter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I've tried re-modding my already softmodded Wii with ModMii v6.2.6, however, I'm running into a curious problem.

A large chunk of the Homebrew apps aren't downloading properly, the worst of which being the Priiloader and MMM apps.

DL log:

IOS11v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP]).wad: Valid
IOS20v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP]).wad: Valid
IOS30v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP]).wad: Valid
IOS40v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP]).wad: Valid
IOS50v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP]).wad: Valid
IOS52v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP]).wad: Valid
IOS60v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP]).wad: Valid
IOS70v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP]).wad: Valid
IOS80v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP]).wad: Valid
Multi-Mod Manager (MMM) v13.4: Missing
HackMii Installer: Valid
BootMii SD Files: Valid
Bannerbomb v1 (for 3.0 - 4.1 Wii's): Valid
IOS236 Installer v5 Mod: Missing
Simple IOS Patcher: Valid
Priiloader v0.7 (236 LULZ Mod): Missing
USB-Loader Forwarder Channel v12: Missing
Mii-Channel-NUS-v6.wad: Valid
Photo-Channel-1.1-NUS-v3.wad: Valid
Shopping-Channel-NUS-v21.wad: Valid
Opera-Internet-Channel-NUS.wad: Valid
Weather-Channel-NUS-v7.wad: Valid
NEWS-Channel-NUS-v7.wad: Valid
IOS9-64-v1034.wad: Valid
IOS12-64-v526.wad: Valid
IOS13-64-v1032.wad: Valid
IOS14-64-v1032.wad: Valid
IOS15-64-v1032.wad: Valid
IOS17-64-v1032.wad: Valid
IOS21-64-v1039.wad: Valid
IOS22-64-v1294.wad: Valid
IOS28-64-v1807.wad: Valid
IOS31-64-v3608.wad: Valid
IOS33-64-v3608.wad: Valid
IOS34-64-v3608.wad: Valid
IOS35-64-v3608.wad: Valid
IOS36-64-v3351.wad: Valid
IOS36-64-v3608.wad: Valid
IOS37-64-v5663.wad: Valid
IOS38-64-v4124.wad: Valid
IOS41-64-v3607.wad: Valid
IOS43-64-v3607.wad: Valid
IOS45-64-v3607.wad: Valid
IOS46-64-v3607.wad: Valid
IOS48-64-v4124.wad: Valid
IOS53-64-v5663.wad: Valid
IOS55-64-v5663.wad: Valid
IOS56-64-v5662.wad: Valid
IOS57-64-v5919.wad: Valid
IOS58-64-v6176.wad: Valid
IOS61-64-v5662.wad: Valid
IOS62-64-v6430.wad: Valid
cIOS249[56]-d2x-v8-final.wad: Valid
cIOS250[57]-d2x-v8-final.wad: Valid
cIOS222[38]-v4.wad: Valid
cIOS223[37-38]-v4.wad: Valid
cIOS202[60]-v5.1R.wad: Valid
cIOS224[57]-v5.1R.wad: Valid
RVL-cMIOS-v65535(v10)_WiiGator_WiiPower_v0.2.wad: Valid
* 4 of 59 file(s) are Invalid, Missing or were Not Updated properly

It looks to me like wherever ModMii is trying to get those files just isn't online. Any idea what I could do, or any way to manually add them?

EDIT: I'm running MSE (turned off makes no difference) and no firewall.

actar

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Also for me, downloading those file directly from ModMii cause an error.

Seem there is a problem with dropbox files, the best help that I can do, is to download it manually, then put them in "ModMii\temp" folder (without extract them)
(for understand exactly who or what cause the problem you must wait XFlak)
Then restart ModMii Wizard.

Take those file from here:
wilbrand: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/74562700/Wilbrand.exe
priiloader 0.7 236 mod lulz: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/74562700/ModMii/priiloader_MOD_IOS236_r142_LULZ.zip
mmm: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/74562700/ModMii/Multi-Mod-Manager_v13.4.zip
IOS236 installer v5 mod: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/74562700/ModMii/ios236_v5_mod.zip
USB forwarder channel: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/74562700/ModMii/USBLoader(s)-ahbprot58-SD-USB-v12-IDCL.zip

Reactions: Vekter

Vekter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also for me, downloading those file directly form ModMii cause an error.

Seem there is a problem with dropbox files, the best help that I can do (for understand who cause the problem you must wait XFlak) is to download it manually, then put them in "ModMii\temp" folder.
Then restart ModMii Wizard.

Take those file from here:
wilbrand: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/74562700/Wilbrand.exe
priiloade 236 mod lulz: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/74562700/ModMii/priiloader_MOD_IOS236_r142_LULZ.zip
mmm: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/74562700/ModMii/Multi-Mod-Manager_v13.4.zip
ios236 installer v5 md: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/74562700/ModMii/ios236_v5_mod.zip
USB forwarder channel: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/74562700/ModMii/USBLoader(s)-ahbprot58-SD-USB-v12-IDCL.zip
Speedy reply. Very nice. Worked like a charm; thanks!

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: Allowing a ModMii softmodded Wii to update the Shopping Channel online.

I used ModMii to softmod a friends Wii this weekend (my 2nd mod, thanks again XFlak!!). He already had a bunch of channels installed including the shopping channel. So when I DL ModMii for his Wii I did not include any of the channels (Shopping, weather, etc). I figured I'd just leave what he had already on there alone & not add anything that was missing.

When he went to use his Shopping Channel yesterday it said it needed to update. Should I:

A) Tell him to go ahead and update as it asks

B) DL the Shopping Channel through ModMii & install it manually

C) Other

If I understand things correctly, he should be able to go with Option A without any fear of messing the softmod up, right?

actar

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
all those downloads are working fine for me. Can you clear your temp folder and see if the problem still exists or if it fixed itself?
Now I try to delete all ModMii folder and reinstall all, and it works great.
Yesterday I try only removing all zip the wansn't been downloaded from other users.
Sorry but I can't say exactly what fix the issue.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Question: Allowing a ModMii softmodded Wii to update the Shopping Channel online.

I used ModMii to softmod a friends Wii this weekend (my 2nd mod, thanks again XFlak!!). He already had a bunch of channels installed including the shopping channel. So when I DL ModMii for his Wii I did not include any of the channels (Shopping, weather, etc). I figured I'd just leave what he had already on there alone & not add anything that was missing.

When he went to use his Shopping Channel yesterday it said it needed to update. Should I:

A) Tell him to go ahead and update as it asks

B) DL the Shopping Channel through ModMii & install it manually

C) Other

If I understand things correctly, he should be able to go with Option A without any fear of messing the softmod up, right?
Option A won't work if you have priiloader hacks enabled to block updates. Also, assuming you disable the priiloader hacks and do the official update, it will update the shop channel but also installed a stubbed cIOS249. If this happens its no big deal, you can just reinstall your cIOS249. But in the end it's easier to just go with option B.

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Option A won't work if you have priiloader hacks enabled to block updates. Also, assuming you disable the priiloader hacks and do the official update, it will update the shop channel but also installed a stubbed cIOS249. If this happens its no big deal, you can just reinstall your cIOS249. But in the end it's easier to just go with option B.

Ok, got ya. I'll DL all the channels from the ModMii's classic options list. I'll just install everything so he has the latest. Thanks...

cainamm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well first off hello all. Long time lurker first time poster...
First Ill say please forgive any ignorance, as i said its been years since I spent the hours it took to read up and really understand the processess that makes all this work. Though I do still recall most of the basics I think.

Now to business. Wanted some advice. First some back story...

A modded my kids wii a few years back. I do not have bootmii at boot2. It's been a long time so the memory is fuzzy for the order of all the steps I took. What I do remember is this. 1. I used letterbomb. 2. I used the modmii installer. 3. I installed priiloader. 4. HBC was also installed. 5. My system menu up till recently was 4.2U 6. I had usb loader cfg as my youngest loaded the drive with coins. Again I cant remember exactly the order which is what brings me here asking questions. Recently an older cousin was here fidlling with the wii and did an update. You can probally see where this headed right? So basically I've lost my homebrew channel and usb cfg which more or less makes the wii useless at this point (afaik there are not any nondisc exploits available at this time to aid in installing homebrew?) .

I do have hope tho as I confirmed priiloader is still installed seems to working properly, and if I'm not mistaken this tool has all the options I need to restore homebrew to the kid's wii. Now to the questions. Which basically are

Am i correct in thinking that priiloader can be used to launch the files needed to recover my homebrew?

and.

What steps should I use to restore my homebrew?

More specifically..

1. Can I use priiloader to run modmii on my system
2. If answer to 1 is yes... Is this the best option? Should I just use the option to re hack the whole system and start from scratch.

3. If Using modmii is not the most desirable option what files should I manually download and install? ie. specific ios? as i assume the ones I had were probably stubbed?, Hombrew channel is one I'm sure ill need just to be able to launch homebrew from the wii menu?, I would think going this direction priiloader will never be touched. Any other files I would need to grab?

Again I am really just looking for some advice as to what the best of my options are and the pretty much just where to start as I'm not sure a complete re hack is necessary and the steps to get me going in the right direction. I hope I have made myself clear and provided most needed info to get me some help. Was I make a decision in which direction to travel and where to start I can handle most everything else myself. I appreciate any and all replies. Thanks in advance for your help.

C.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Well, I could direct you for the minimum required things you'd need to install, but that gets specific and it's easier to just give you the following 2 options.

1) re-softmod your wii using ModMii as if it has never been modded before. You can do this with just an SD card (using Wilbrand and\or letterbomb exploits for 4.3 system menu versions)

2) use modmii to save wilbrand, hackmii installer, and syscheck to your sd card. Run the Wilbrand exploit by going to your message board, load the "bomb" msg from "yesterday". Then run the hackmii installer to reinstall the latest version of the HBC. Then run syscheck from the HBC, it will save a syscheck.csv file to your sd card. Then open the csv file using ModMii (i.e. modmii's syscheck updater function). It will then analyse your syscheck and get you to install ONLY what is outdated (probably just some cIOSs)

Option 1 will probably take less time, but involves installing more things.

Option 2 will probably take a little longer, and you will need to use modmii, then do some stuff on your wii, then go back to modmii, then go back to your wii... but it will probably install a couple fewer things than option 1, but not much.

Either way, you should be up and running in a very short order.

edit:
Option 3) restore to an earlier nand backup using priiloader+bootmiiIOS. I still recommend Option #1 though

kowiia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello and thanks Xflak for the great work. I never would have tried any wii tricks without modmii to get started.​
I'm reposting this problem from the neek20 thread because it's likely to be more of an issue with the ModMii nand anyway than with anything about neek2o itself.​
-Korean wii 4.3k unmodified (no hackmii install), about 1 year old retail. (I'm in korea).​
-Modmii 6.2.6,​
-abstinence (casper/neek2o)​
-4.3k nand​
-neek2o ver96, uneek mode, no di​
-Only one addon selected in modmii: wiiflow (minimized options for testing after seeing the problem also with all options selected)​
so no theme, no priiloader, no postloader, nothing else.​
Boots fine into neek2o and wii menu from letterbomb seemingly every time if there is no optical disc in the drive (maybe sometimes boot failed with a fully loaded nand but that's a different issue, or might have been the same issue, and I'm not sure)​
Every time I place a game disc in the drive it crashes, typically with the wii error screen.
If I try to run the disk it crashes immediately then. If I try to install the disk with wiiflow, it stack dumps(only exception to the wii error screen). If I just wait a bit, and don't run the disk at all, it crashes anyway in a minute or so with the wii error screen.​
With previous nands, with priiloader installed, I did try both "skip errors" options. Those did not help. Without priiloader on this simplified nand, I haven't yet researched how to set the neek2o options, but it seems like nothing has changed with the simplified nand, so I can't imagine those options will help now either.​
I kind of suspect a DVD driver problem in the "virgin" nand, just a guess, but maybe new model korean wii's don't get a bunch of testing on the English forums.​
I can't get a real nand dump to use my real nand. It seems ModMii doesn't install the needed bootmii gui files to the sd. Is this right? I've never used bootmii so it's also possible I'm missing something. Is there a way I can get a real nand dump from bootmii through casper? I'd actually prefer to get the ModMii nand working, since there's no additional work then to install wiiflow and postloader, but maybe it's not possible.​

ZippyDSMlee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Odd .net issue under win 7 32 I get a memory error and crash when letting it setup files(copy to X), under win 7 64 bit it gives a security alert but keeps setting up files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu