bubbleboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was having errors with Kirby and the guides said to use IOS250

I currently use 222 with CFG USB Loader

With ModMii, I downloaded all the recommended WAD files,

The included MMM refused to install any WAD files, Waninkoko WAD Manager installed all except cIOS250

When I try to install CIOS250 it says

ERROR! RET= -1035

Any ideas?

bubbleboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use MMM. Change the IOS that MMM is currently using over to IOS236, then try to install the other .WAD files.

When I run the IOS36 / cIOS236 installer from MMM, neither of the two WADs it tries to install are found:

1. MM didn't download a IOS15 WAD so that isn't found at all

2. As for IOS36, on my SD card the file is IOS36-64-v3351.wad but MMM is looking for IOS36-64-v3608.wad

Edit:

I used cIOS236 Installer by Dr Clipper, as the IOS36 downloaded by MM and the one MMM attempts to install do not match.

Other than that, MM is so insanely good and easy to use, thank you!!!

jokerwho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@XFlak
Mi niece has got an unmodded 4.3e. I built my "mod swiss knife" with modmii and was following the guide.
I didn't manage to get past the NAND backup step (which was successful) because of the new pleasant wiimote. (when opening MMM, the wiimote shuts itself down)

Now, the question is really simple: how come that the latest modmii version does not download the tools patched to be compatible with the new wiimotes?
As far as I've understood, while MMM (used by modmii) is not compatible, "wii mod" should be.

The point here is that I'd rather use ModMii because I trust it, since it worked with the other Wii that I've modified so far.

What should I do to modify the wii with the new wiimote?

If I took my old wiimote with me and made the softmod with it, would then be possible to use the CFG USB loader and everything else with the new wiimote?
In other words, the problem with the new wiimote is only the use of MMM, priiloader installation, etc. or it affects also the "normal" usage?

Thanks in advance

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
@jokerwho Wiimod, IIRC, has an issue with being launched in some manners.

@bubbleboy I did not tell you to use the ios236 installer in MMM. I told you to change the IOS that MMM is currently using. If you had previously used ModMii then you should have IOS236 already installed. If you have not previously used ModMii, then do it and everything will work after that.

EDIT: JESUS FUCKING NAGGER CHRIST. Why the fuck does fucking shitty filetrip fucking link to shit all the god damn time? It's fuckign as annoying as someone having a conversation with you when you're trying to take a fucking shit. It is the worst thing that you people have ever done to this site. At least make a way for people to use some type of syntax to make a fucking filetrip link instead of it automatically happening because this shit is just nagging the fucking hell out of me.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@[member='jokerwho'], you can mod a Wii using an old Wiimote, and when that's done you'll be able to run apps with wiimote+ support (i.e. usbloaders, etc.). I plan on eventually changing ModMii from using mmm to wiimod (again) for wiimote+ support (now that it's entry point is the same as mmm there shouldn't be any negative side effects this time).

jskyboo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@jokerwho Wiimod, IIRC, has an issue with being launched in some manners.
@[member='jokerwho'], you can mod a Wii using an old Wiimote, and when that's done you'll be able to run apps with wiimote+ support (i.e. usbloaders, etc.). I plan on eventually changing ModMii from using mmm to wiimod (again) for wiimote+ support (now that it's entry point is the same as mmm there shouldn't be any negative side effects this time).
Wii Mod did use a different ep so the two programs could be launched by different loaders, but like XFlak mentioned I changed Wii Mod to the same ep for 3.2. They should for the most part work with the same loaders now, but I can't say for sure without more testing, as Wii Mod is a larger program, which I cannot do all by myself. If jokerwho, or anyone for that matter, already has HBC installed there is NO DIFFERENCE.

Reactions: 1 person

Moeca10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
My Wii has been collecting dust for about 6 months, and I haven't been to GBAtemp for a long time, until a few days ago. I saw that GC games now can be loaded off USB HDD, just like Wii games (YESSS), with help of DIOS MIOS.

I upgraded my USB Loader GX, installed the DIOS MIOS 2.wad, put GC .iso files in /games folder and found it in USB Loader GX. But then when I press "load from USB" the screen goes black for 1 second and the Wii turns itself off. Anyone with similiar problem? Solution? :)

Anyway, I am considering reformatting the Wii itself, because I have a lot of crap really, homebrew stuff that I never use, and using ModMii to hack it again. I have BootMii installed, so I'm not sure if reformatting the Wii is a good idea or not?

Thanks for your attention, sorry if this is in the wrong thread

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
you can use modmii to rehack your Wii without formatting it first, it will overwrite any existing mods. Note that you should not install a MIOS or cMIOS if you want to leave DIOS MIOS installed (otherwise u'll have to reinstall it again afterwards)

to load GC games, they need to be in their extracted "fst" format, not ISO's. You can use discex for that.

bubbleboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez

Thanks, but MMM does have an 'install IOS36' option in the main menu, which does not work with the .wad file MM downloads for it.

MM downloads: IOS36-64-v3351.wad but
MMM looks for IOS36-64-v3608.wad

Just a bug report.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
DeadlyFoez

Thanks, but MMM does have an 'install IOS36' option in the main menu, which does not work with the .wad file MM downloads for it.

Just a bug report.
It's not a bug, you aren't following your ModMii guide properly. ModMii gets you to run the IOS236 Installer from the HBC (not MMM's 'install IOS36' option), and that app uses IOS36-64-v3351.wad. MMM's 'install IOS36' option shouldn't work on a 4.3 Wii because it's using the old TBR method (which has been patched) instead of the new ahbprot method.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez

Just a bug report.
Thats great. I already knew that. But that is not what I was telling you to do. Reread what I was telling you to do and do exactly that. Don't try doing things that I did not tell you to do and then complain that it is not working. Only complain if what I told you to do is not working.

belfort

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i went thru the modmii steps and i turned on my Wii and the letterbomb is not appearing..ive tried the process twice, what am i doing wrong??my only problem is the letterbomb does not appear.?help!

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
i went thru the modmii steps and i turned on my Wii and the letterbomb is not appearing..ive tried the process twice, what am i doing wrong??my only problem is the letterbomb does not appear.?help!
letterbomb\Wilbrand isn't suppose to just appear when you turn your Wii on

-make sure you have the "private" folder with Wilbrand saved to your SD card, and your SD card inserted in the Wii
-make sure you navigate to yesterday's date in the Wii msg board (confirm your date settings in the msg board, if your Wii thinks it's 2013 or some other incorrect date, "yesterday" isn't really yesterday)

Moeca10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
you can use modmii to rehack your Wii without formatting it first, it will overwrite any existing mods. Note that you should not install a MIOS or cMIOS if you want to leave DIOS MIOS installed (otherwise u'll have to reinstall it again afterwards)

to load GC games, they need to be in their extracted "fst" format, not ISO's. You can use discex for that.
Thank you for your answer!

The thing is, I am not completely sure i have installed DIOS MIOS correctly, I tried a few months back to install DML, but gave up after some trying and failing. Maybe I am missing a cMIOS?

Yes, I forgot to say that I drag the .iso file into the DiscEx application, and a folder appears, but the game (PAL Wind Waker) inside this folder is still .iso file. The only change DiscEx seems to make is to rename the original .iso from "Wind Waker", to "game" and makes a folder named "sys" with "apploader", "bi2" and "boot" inside.

Thanks again for your time!

bubbleboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez

Just a bug report.
Thats great. I already knew that. But that is not what I was telling you to do. Reread what I was telling you to do and do exactly that. Don't try doing things that I did not tell you to do and then complain that it is not working. Only complain if what I told you to do is not working.

Who's complaning? I got it working before you replied to my reply.

The fact is, MMM has a "install IOS36" option which does not work with MM. It's not good to have an option on the main menu which does not work.

MM is the best tool out there for softmodding Wii's, so when someone says something doesn't work, no need to get all snooty.

It's not a bug, you aren't following your ModMii guide properly. ModMii gets you to run the IOS236 Installer from the HBC (not MMM's 'install IOS36' option), and that app uses IOS36-64-v3351.wad. MMM's 'install IOS36' option shouldn't work on a 4.3 Wii because it's using the old TBR method (which has been patched) instead of the new ahbprot method.

I understand, I followed MM and was not told to run via HBC.

I think that if a main menu option is no longer working it should either be removed or fixed, or explained that it won't work on a 4.3 instead of just giving an error.

But it's your software and 99.9% of people will never come across this error anyway.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Xflak did not write MMM, so it is not his software. And IIRC, MMM is closed source so no one can easily remove that menu option.

And by the way, please just type out ModMii instead of referring to it as MM because I was getting confused into thinking that you were referring to MMM but accidentally left out the last (or first or middle :P) 'M'. No one else has every referred to ModMii as MM in the past. You are the first.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I understand, I followed MM and was not told to run via HBC.

I think that if a main menu option is no longer working it should either be removed or fixed, or explained that it won't work on a 4.3 instead of just giving an error.

But it's your software and 99.9% of people will never come across this error anyway.

Then you didn't read the guide carefully enough. I'm glad you got it sorted out, but this is not an issue with ModMii or ModMii's guides, just your ability to follow them.

30kazr6.png

Even the video in the guide clearly shows it being launched from the homebrew channel

[yt]Asq6_bh7Yko[/yt]

As I said earlier, the IOS236 installer IN MMM won't work in all scenarios. MMM is a tool that ModMii uses, but it is capable of a lot of things. ModMii expects it's users to do ONLY what is in their custom ModMii guide, MMM is capable of a lot of dangerous things if used improperly (i.e. uninstalling\stubbing SM IOS or SM itself), the least of which is failing to install IOS236. If I started listing all the things users shouldn't do, the list would go on forever. Anyways, this is an "issue" that you would have never ran into if you had followed your guide and not made up your own steps as you went along.

Reactions: 5 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto