Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
u kidding? The biggest updates have happened this year (or close to it)

On xmas day (2011) ModMii v5.0.0 was released and it's guides became html format with pics and videos and proper formatting (as opposed to txt files with no formatting capabilities)

and sometime after that in 2012 ModMii v6.0.0 was released which featured the addition of ModMiiSkin, which is a gui front-end for the majority of ModMii's functions

edit:
full changelog can be found here: http://modmii.zzl.org/changelog.html

rem300wm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello to all

Got a question: I try to download the latest d2x cIOS v9 r 49 and six of them fail to download is this a bug with ModMii 1.6.5 ? or a problem in googlecodes?

Thanks
Rem

Rodent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys,

when creating an emulated nand for USB i have 2 chices:

with DI
without DI

when i choose without DI, but have joyflow installed - can I still play games with joyflow even with no DI?

thanks
alex

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hi guys,

when creating an emulated nand for USB i have 2 chices:

with DI
without DI

when i choose without DI, but have joyflow installed - can I still play games with joyflow even with no DI?

thanks
alex
DI means you can play wii games from HDD (or SD, but rarely used), so Joyflow will probably run, but won't find any games.

PS. next time you can better ask these questions in the neek2o or the Joyflow topic.

Edit, i decided to paste the choices taken from Modmii to explain a little better what the differences are:

UNEEK+DI
* Emulated Wii nand/memory is on FAT32 External Hard Drive
* Load Wii games off your FAT32 External Hard Drive
* You can load apps off an SD Card via the Homebrew Channel
* DVD-Drive access is disabled for games while running UNEEK+DI
but can be used in apps (ie. WiiXplorer)

SNEEK+DI
* Emulated Wii nand/memory is on SD Card
* Load GameCube games off your SD Card using DML
* You can load apps off a FAT32 USB HDD via the Homebrew Channel
* DVD-Drive access is disabled for games while running SNEEK+DI

UNEEK
* You cannot load any games off your Hard Drive
* DVD-Drive access is enabled
* Backup disc loading requires DarkCorp installed on emulated nand
(Newer Wii's have a DVD-Drive that prevents backup disc loading)

SNEEK
* You cannot load any games off your Hard Drive
* DVD-Drive access is enabled
* Backup disc loading requires DarkCorp installed on emulated nand
(Newer Wii's have a DVD-Drive that prevents backup disc loading)

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Hello to all

Got a question: I try to download the latest d2x cIOS v9 r 49 and six of them fail to download is this a bug with ModMii 1.6.5 ? or a problem in googlecodes?

Thanks
Rem

The invalid files are really valid, for some reason the archive wasn't constructed properly (I'm going to PM davebaol about it). In the meantime I reuploaded "d2x-v9-beta(r49)FIX", which is already available via ModMii. It's the exact same as " d2x-v9-beta(r49)" except it has the correct md5's so nothing will be reported as invalid anymore

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Hi everyone!

I'm getting some emails from people asking if they can send me donations. I'd like to reiterate that I am no longer accepting donations for ModMii... but I am particpating in a charity bike ride for MS this September (to support my mother who has MS). If you would like to help sponsor me in my bike ride for MS, send me an email at "[email protected]" for details. Note that all transactions will be processed directly by the MS society webpage and 100% of it will go to the cause.

This is totally unrelated to ModMii, I am just using my "XFlak" nick to spread the word. Thanks!

Reactions: 1 person

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
My mom is one of the few lucky cases of MS, she's actually well enough to be riding the bike-a-thon with me! She was diagnosed maybe 10 years ago, and still has to self-administer her precribed shots about twice a week. MS often leaves people helpless in wheelchairs, so she really is one of the lucky ones, relatively speaking. Thanks for your concern :D

Reactions: 2 people

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Need some help here. I used the latest modmii to create a sneek+DI installation for neek2o. I installed the neek2o wad and it runs but I get stuck at the menu when the Wii prompts me to press the "A" button to sync the controller. From there I cannot proceed as the controller doesn't respond (as if it gets disconnected) :(

I initially tested a 500gb FAT32 HDD with 16kb cluster format. Got stuck at a black screen. 2nd time, I used a 1gb thumbdrive (fat32/16kb).. shows me the press "A" button screen and wiimote gets disconnected. Now I'm going to try a 4gb (fat32/32kb).. wish me luck :(

Crap, got stuck at a black screen again.. :(
I used neek2o build 80 if that's stable. And mine's a hardmodded Wii with 4.1J so my emulated nand is 4.3J. AFAIK, since it's the same region I do not know why I get a black screen or what's causing my wiimote to lose sync..

This is what's inside my SDcard root folder : (Created with latest modmii)

zlrink.png

I also assume that I need to create a wbfs folder in my USB/HDD drive and copy a *.wbfs game inside for neek2o to work?

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Modmii doesn't seem to create certain folders when I select the Sneek+DI setup..

I only have these folders in my sd:\nands\pl_jp folder :

sd:\shared1
sd:\title
sd:\ticket
sd:\sys
sd:\nandinfo.txt

Filestructure for SNEEK DI:
sd:\bootmii\armboot.bin
sd:\sneek\di.bin
sd:\sneek\kernel.bin (renamed boot2_di.bin)
sd:\sneek\font.bin
NAND
sd:\import
sd:\meta
sd:\shared1
sd:\shared2
sd:\temp
sd:\title
sd:\ticket
sd:\sys

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
  • neek2o's sneek+di is currently not working properly, you can try regular neek instead of neek2o (you can change this is ModMii's options) or you can try uneek2o+di
  • You say you're trying sneek+di but that you're also using a HDD... does that mean you've also tried uneek2o+di?
  • the first boot of a fresh emulated nand can take some time, how long did you wait on your blackscreen? Was there any activity on your HDD during the blackscreen (assuming you were using uneek+di)
  • the reason why a fresh emunand takes awhile to boot on the first attempt is because it is expanding\creating files and folders (i.e. the folders you noticed are "missing" are not required as they will be created once you manage to load the system menu)

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
1) So sneek+di is currently not working properly even from the latest modmii? So should I try uneek+DI instead since the differences are being able to emulate the nand on the hdd instead and no GC support?

UD = UNEEK+DI
* DVD-Drive access is disabled for games while running UNEEK+DI

SD = SNEEK+DI
* Load GameCube games off your SD Card using DML
* DVD-Drive access is disabled for games while running SNEEK+DI

2) No I have not tried uneek+DI (Same as uneek2o+DI?) as I didn't copy the nand files to the HDD
3) I tried my WD 500gb ext initially but didn't seem to work as it was formatted with 16kb clusters and the black screen persisted for quite a while. AFAIK, there should be a garbled screen before the black screen appears right? How long does it actually take for the system menu to appear granted that it works?
a) I tried a 1gb thumbdrive formatted with fat32/16kb and saw a screen which prompted me to press A on the wiimote but wasn't possible as it loses connection every time
b) Also tried another 8gb thumbdrive (fat32/32kb) and this time that screen didn't even appear and was black all the way. Waited for 5 mins and still the same
4) Ok, I wasn't aware that the remaining "missing" folders were created in the process... maybe I'll give uneek+DI a shot later on... thanks..

• neek2o's sneek+di is currently not working properly, you can try regular neek instead of neek2o (you can change this is ModMii's options) or you can try uneek2o+di
  • You say you're trying sneek+di but that you're also using a HDD... does that mean you've also tried uneek2o+di?
  • the first boot of a fresh emulated nand can take some time, how long did you wait on your blackscreen? Was there any activity on your HDD during the blackscreen (assuming you were using uneek+di)
  • the reason why a fresh emunand takes awhile to boot on the first attempt is because it is expanding\creating files and folders (i.e. the folders you noticed are "missing" are not required as they will be created once you manage to load the system menu)

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
modmii builds neek and neek2o revs based on what's hosted on their google code pages. The sneek2o+di problem isn't with modmii, it's with sneek2o+di itself, but ModMii is still able to build it and if\when obcd & overjoy get sneek2o+di working again, ModMii will be able to build that right away once a working rev is uploaded to their google code page.

have you tried uneek+di or uneek2o+di? You keep talking about HDD's and sector sizes, but that won't really make a difference if all you've tried runnign so far is sneek+di

on the first boot of an emunand, it could take anywhere from 5-20 minutes to load the main system menu.

On the screen where you have to press A to continue, that's actually the emulated nand running. And since it's running for the first time, it's not synced to any wiimotes. At that screen, u can still sync up your wiimote to the emunand by pressing the red sync buttons on the wii and the wiimote. Also, if you wait long enough at that press A to continue screen, it will "press a" automatically and continue to the main system menu.

g'luck :D

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
modmii builds neek and neek2o revs based on what's hosted on their google code pages. The sneek2o+di problem isn't with modmii, it's with sneek2o+di itself, but ModMii is still able to build it and if\when obcd & overjoy get sneek2o+di working again, ModMii will be able to build that right away once a working rev is uploaded to their google code page.

have you tried uneek+di or uneek2o+di? You keep talking about HDD's and sector sizes, but that won't really make a difference if all you've tried runnign so far is sneek+di

on the first boot of an emunand, it could take anywhere from 5-20 minutes to load the main system menu.

On the screen where you have to press A to continue, that's actually the emulated nand running. And since it's running for the first time, it's not synced to any wiimotes. At that screen, u can still sync up your wiimote to the emunand by pressing the red sync buttons on the wii and the wiimote. Also, if you wait long enough at that press A to continue screen, it will "press a" automatically and continue to the main system menu.

g'luck

Hi, I had no idea it takes so long for the 1st boot during nand generation. At that screen (press A), I couldn't sync the winter wiimote using the normal way you described as well.:(

Anyway, I will try uneek+di since uneek2o+di isn't available in modmii :P

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
uneek2o+di is available via ModMii

ModMii can build 8 types of neek:
  1. sneek2o
  2. sneek2o+di (currently unstable)
  3. uneek2o
  4. uneek2o+di
  5. sneek
  6. sneek+di
  7. uneek
  8. uneek+di

the default is to build the neek2o version of neek, to use the traditional neek, you need to disable the neek2o setting on ModMii's options page

edit:
note that uneek2o+di is also known as the neek2o version of uneek+di, similar naming conventions apply to other forms of neek. So basically if ModMii is building "uneek+di" and the neek2o option is enabled, essentially you're building what you and I have been referring to as "uneek2o+di"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1