JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Still, the update has been live for 4 hours and downloaded nearly 1,000 times and only a small handful of people are complaining that the update isn't working. It's working on my computer. I've been trying to replicate the issue that everyone is having and I can't make it happen.

Well, to all those that did successfully update, Happy Hacking, and to the rest of you then I guess it's just a bad day for you. :P
500 of those were mine because it's stuck in a $%#@ing loop! :P

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still, the update has been live for 4 hours and downloaded nearly 1,000 times and only a small handful of people are complaining that the update isn't working. It's working on my computer. I've been trying to replicate the issue that everyone is having and I can't make it happen.

Well, to all those that did successfully update, Happy Hacking, and to the rest of you then I guess it's just a bad day for you. :P
500 of those were mine because it's stuck in a $%#@ing loop! :P
Oh! The effects of laziness! Download ModMii 7 from google code.

Actinopterygian Melospiza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ModMii7.0.0.zip still contains modmii 6.0.7 so when the updater downloads ModMii7.0.0.zip, it's just reinstalling 6.0.7. The reason there are so many downloads is because the same people keep re-downloading it because of the loop. No disrespect intended @DeadlyFoez but you keep saying it's working for some people but I haven't seen a single report of it working for anyone other than yourself, it seems everyone else is saying it's looping. And just because some people haven't taken the time to post that it's not working for them doesn't necessarily mean that it is working for them.

edit:
Oh! The effects of laziness! Download ModMii 7 from google code.
Like I just said, ModMii7.0.0.zip still contains 6.0.7 so it doesn't make any difference if you download it from google code

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, and it's not supposed to be downloading from the googlecode page anymore. We have it all hosted on modmii.zzl.org
That file was just supposed to be a small placeholder that originally downloaded, changed the update files, and then ran the new update files which got the files from modmii.zzl.org, did you follow that, it was a little confusing.

Right now I have it with the 6.0.7 because I was testing some stuff out to make sure that it was workign the way it is supposed to, but now I need xflak to help me figure out the rest of it but he is way to busy at the moment.

And quite honestly, letting him study for his exam is way more important than this. We already wasted over a months worth of time on this which held him back quite a bit. It's kind of rough for me to ask for anymore time from him.

Actinopterygian Melospiza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting. I'm sure that you guys will resolve the issue. It doesn't seem like there's anything I need from the update so it's not a huge deal for me, I just wanted to test it out.

Good luck on getting this sorted out :yay:

ChrisLuther

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Getting the loop here as well.. Just about to find the google code page and D/L.

Edit.. Downloaded zip from google code site, extracted over ModMii 6.0.7 and upon execution wants to update to 7.0.0.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even though this is irritating, it's not that big of a deal that people are making it out to be. yeah granted it's an update, but 6.0.7 for the moment is working fine.(NO I'M NOT KISSING ASS!). being with someone that has been in school for 10 yrs getting her masters degree now. give it time i'm sure as soon as xflax/deadly figure out whats wrong this will be fixed.
besides you can't complain too much for something that's free. an you don't have to pay to download. damn people. :P for now just use 6.0.7. no big damn deal. :ha:

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Interesting. I'm sure that you guys will resolve the issue. It doesn't seem like there's anything I need from the update so it's not a huge deal for me, I just wanted to test it out.

We had to do it that way bc modmii is now closed source, so we can't keep it on the googlecode site anymore.

XFlak and I were actually talking about have it be that registered users are the only ones that can set up USB loaders and NEEK, but we decided not to do that, but we have the option now if we want.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as a workaround... either disable auto update or edit the batch file with set currentversion=7.0.0 instead of set currentversion=6.0.7 (line 12)
just type n. as far as changing line 12, that still wouldn't be an update. that would just be changing the v number. 6.0.7 would show v7.0.0, but technically still be 6.0.7

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

We had to do it that way bc modmii is now closed source, so we can't keep it on the googlecode site anymore.

XFlak and I were actually talking about have it be that registered users are the only ones that can set up USB loaders and NEEK, but we decided not to do that, but we have the option now if we want.
Why did ModMii have to go closed source?

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Because we were able to make it closed source finally and not using any GPL code. No point of having it open source if it doesn't need to be. Plus, it gives us some future flexibility to require ppl to register with modmii.zzl.org..... once we finally get that part finished. XFlak and I have talked forever coming up with ideas of how to prevent the easter egg from being shared and that will be our method in a future update.

But, I just got off the phone with XFlak. We have figured out the issue. There will be a fix being released shortly.

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because we were able to make it closed source finally and not using any GPL code. No point of having it open source if it doesn't need to be. Plus, it gives us some future flexibility to require ppl to register with modmii.zzl.org..... once we finally get that part finished. XFlak and I have talked forever coming up with ideas of how to prevent the easter egg from being shared and that will be our method in a future update.

But, I just got off the phone with XFlak. We have figured out the issue. There will be a fix being released shortly.
Dang it. On the bright side, however, the fix is coming.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E