OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
ModMii needs some testers!

I'd like to remove the IOS236 Installer step from ModMii, but before doing that I want a decent sized group of people to confirm that launching MMM with ahbprot via HBC v1.1.0 without a wifi connection is indeed stable. Anyone can safely test this, even without bootmii as boot2, by doing the following:

* Make sure you have the latest version of the Homebrew Channel (HBC) installed (v1.1.0)
* Remove any wifi connections you may have set up on your Wii
* Make sure you have MMM saved to your SD card (or FAT32 HDD)
* Make sure that ahbprot is enabled in MMM's meta.xml (open SD:\apps\mmm\meta.xml in notepad and make sure there is a tag above the tag, and add it if it's missing)
* Launch MMM via HBC v1.1.0
* Wait 3-5 minutes in the MMM main menu, you don't need to do anything, if there is still a network issue, MMM will randomly crash even while doing nothing at the main menu
* Repeat the previous 2 steps until you are either able to make MMM crash, or you get sick and tired of testing. Then post your results in this thread.

Note: I plan on removing the IOS236 Installer step from ModMii, but will continue to have IOS236 installed as part of the Install WADs step

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to test this!

wolf_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'd like to remove the IOS236 Installer step from ModMii, but before doing that I want a decent sized group of people to confirm that launching MMM with ahbprot via HBC v1.1.0 without a wifi connection is indeed stable. Anyone can safely test this, even without bootmii as boot2, by doing the following:

* Make sure you have the latest version of the Homebrew Channel (HBC) installed (v1.1.0)
* Make sure that ahbprot is enabled in MMM's meta.xml (open SD:\apps\mmm\meta.xml in notepad and make sure there is a tag above the tag, and add it if it's missing)
* Wait 3-5 minutes in the MMM main menu, you don't need to do anything, if there is still a network issue, MMM will randomly crash even while doing nothing at the main menu
* Repeat the previous 2 steps until you are either able to make MMM crash, or you get sick and tired of testing. Then post your results in this thread.

Note: I plan on removing the IOS236 Installer step from ModMii, but will continue to have IOS236 installed as part of the Install WADs step

i tested and is working no crashes at all. I left it at the main screen for 10 mins

Reactions: 1 person

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
MMM is better than using IOS236 installer, as you can do you can manually update on the spot and do everything else which the application allows (after installing BootMii & HBC 1.10 through an exploit).

wolf_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MMM is better than using IOS236 installer, as you can do you can manually update on the spot and do everything else which the application allows (after installing BootMii & HBC 1.10 through an exploit).

hats why he wants it tested to make sure the bug isnt still there so he can remove the install from modmii

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'll tag it with the hash tag in the xml and leave it whilst I'm watching a television programme (which lasts an hour) and then check it when it ends. As MMM usually goes into a screensaver when it's idle.

wolf_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll tag it with the hash tag in the xml and leave it whilst I'm watching a television programme (which lasts an hour) and then check it when it ends. As MMM usually goes into a screensaver when it's idle.
yeah mine went to screensaver so i just kept tapping the wiimote

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They could of chosen a different type of screensaver which could of been more original than stars... Oh well... As long as it doesn't contain copyrighted material, then that's fine and no skin off of my nose.

Edit: an hour later and no crashing at all (as it would be either be back on the HBC or at a code dump, if it did).

I've exited and rerun MMM, I'm going to leave it for another hour and also thirty minutes. As I'm watching The Apprentice UK at the moment and I fancy a good laugh at the gadgets that they are trying invent.

brownbailey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Firstly, XFlak, ModMii is AMAZING!! I'd like to thank you, and all of your contributors... it's truly an amazing piece of programming. Unfortunately I'm having a problem loading uneek + DI. I'm not sure if it's a ModMii issue or a neek one, so my apologies if I'm in the wrong thread.

I'm not new to ModMii, or modding, I've done many in all sorts of configurations, but uneek + DI has me stumped. It seems to be the only option in ModMii that doesn't generate a guide. I've googled for tutorials, guides, trouble-shooting, etc. and I still can't get the blasted thing to work. :wacko:

I was running a softmodded 4.3U running most everything through Wiiflow (Wii, NES, SNES, Sega, WiiWare) all on USB. I pretty much re-virginized it. It has nothing but Nintendo Channels and HBC.
My file structure looks like this.
SD:\apps
\bootmiineek
\ploader
\sneek
\WAD
\neekbooter.dol

USB:\nands
\SNEEK
\wbfs (I added this one and included a game that I've previously tested and worked.)

I haven't changed any of the files or subfolders, yet every time I try to launch neek2o, it says loading (for a fraction of a second), goes to black screen, and eventually the blue light starts flashing. :(

So far I've tried adding the original cert.sys (but there doesn't seem to be anything similar on the USB. I've tried launching the channel with and without the SD card still in the Wii (I chose the option to have everything on USB). I even double checked to make sure I was using Fat 32. My SD (not SDHC) is 4GB Fat 32. I tried several IOS's (58,222, 249,250 for sure). I don't think it's a matter of it not liking the USB drive, I've tried a couple with the same result.

I'm sure it's something simple and I'm just being obliviously stupid to whatever it is, but I would greatly appreciate it if you could give me a solution or point me in the right direction. ;)

Thanks.

KingCane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't softmodded a Wii in quite some time and I must say this app is AMAZING. As a matter of fact, to say this app is amazing is an understatement. It's incredible how easy this app makes any work on the Wii. I'm going to redo my other two outdated Wiis since this app is so easy. I appreciate the work you put in and I look forward to donating for that easter-egg you say you implemented in the app. Thanks for all your hard work and to all those involved in this amazing project.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@[member='brownbailey']

The blue light flashing means that the system can't find some stuff on the usb drive.
This can be caused by the harddisk not being compatible with neek2o.
Another possible issue could be that the harddisk isn't formatted with a 32KB cluster size.
The fat 32 partition on the harddisk needs to be the first primary partition. I think you need to set it active as well.
Copy a small (like 1K) file to your harddisk. Choose that file and look at it's properties.
If the size it takes on the disk is 32KB, you have the correct 32KB cluster size.

You could perhaps post the contents of your sd:/sneek and usb:/sneek folder?
I assume you have an emulated nand under your usb:/nands folder?

brownbailey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@[member='brownbailey']

The blue light flashing means that the system can't find some stuff on the usb drive.
This can be caused by the harddisk not being compatible with neek2o.
Another possible issue could be that the harddisk isn't formatted with a 32KB cluster size.
The fat 32 partition on the harddisk needs to be the first primary partition. I think you need to set it active as well.
Copy a small (like 1K) file to your harddisk. Choose that file and look at it's properties.
If the size it takes on the disk is 32KB, you have the correct 32KB cluster size.

You could perhaps post the contents of your sd:/sneek and usb:/sneek folder?
I assume you have an emulated nand under your usb:/nands folder?

I've ended up with
SD:\boot.elf
\neekbooter.dol
\bootmii_ios
\private\wii\title\HAEA\F978EEE7\EC156057\2012\02\28\05\13\HABA_#1\txt\17055a8f.000
\apps\Casper\boot.elf
\apps\Casper\changelog
\apps\JoYflow\boot.dol
\apps\JoYflow\icon
\apps\JoYflow\meta
\apps\mmm\boot.dol, donate, icon, meta, mmmconfig, MMMv13.4boot.elf, readme (pretty sure this app is fine so I'm not going to list the rest of the subfolders)
\apps\postloader\boot.dol
\apps\postloader\icon
\apps\postloader\meta
\apps\priibootergui\boot.dol
\apps\priibootergui\meta

USB:\nands\pl_us\shared1, sys, ticket, title, nandinfo (==================================================
4.3U Emulated NAND created by ModMii on 28/03/2012
==================================================
setting.txt built using this serial: lu399065680
Custom System Menu Theme Installed - Dark Wii Orange
Priiloader v0.7 [mod for neek2o] Installed
JoyFlow Forwarder Channel Installed
nSwitch Channel Installed
Post Loader Forwarder Channel Installed
cIOS249 rev14 Installed
Photo Channel Installed
Internet Channel Installed
Weather Channel Installed
News Channel Installed
Mii Channel Installed
Shopping Channel Installed
Wii Speak Channel Installed)
\nands\pl_us1 (with seemingly all the same files and info as pl_us)
\SNEEK\di, font, kernel, rev (UNEEK+DI neek2o rev75)
\wbfs\Where's Waldo The Fantastic Journey [SLWE41]\SLWE41.wbfs

Hopefully my missing info shows as a giant black hole to you...

brownbailey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have you checked the cluster size of your harddisk? I can't seem to find something missing right away.

It's definitely Fat32, primary and active. The only thing I could think of is that technically it's not the 1st partition as there is a very small "system reserved" before it.

Would it be because of the emulated nand? Should I be swapping out some system files from the original bootmii nand?, or go straight to reformatting the entire thing, use ModMii to create another, and try from scratch?

wolf_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you checked the cluster size of your harddisk? I can't seem to find something missing right away.

It's definitely Fat32, primary and active. The only thing I could think of is that technically it's not the 1st partition as there is a very small "system reserved" before it.

Would it be because of the emulated nand? Should I be swapping out some system files from the original bootmii nand?, or go straight to reformatting the entire thing, use ModMii to create another, and try from scratch?

its fat32 but is it formatted with 32kb clusters?

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
either a modmii created nand or the extraction of a bootmii nand should contain all what is needed to run under neek.
Some harddisks indeed have a system partition with tools on it.
Sometimes, there is an option to turn that off.
It might perhaps not work due to neek trying to use that partition.

You wouldn't happen to have an usb stick or other harddisk lying around you could use to test if the results are different.
All you need is the sneek folder and the nands folder.
If you have a diconfig.bin in your sneek folder, don't copy it over. It should normally even run without wbfs folder.
To be sure about this, you can always rename the di.bin from the sneek folder.
Without di.bin, the system should boot into neek. It just won't play backups.

wolf is having a good point 2.

wolf_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
either a modmii created nand or the extraction of a bootmii nand should contain all what is needed to run under neek.

You wouldn't happen to have an usb stick or other harddisk lying around you could use to test if the results are different.
If you have a diconfig.bin in your sneek folder, don't copy it over. It should normally even run without wbfs folder.

thank you obcd i thought i did lol

Natazza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

I have tested this 4 times and is all ok (I added the tag in as it wasn't there). I've left it on each occasion for 10 minutes.

Cheers :)

brownbailey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

its fat32 but is it formatted with 32kb clusters?

I've now tried a couple of USB drives. Reformatted to be sure the allocation is 32kb. (is there a difference between Fat allocation=32kb, and Fat32 allocation=Default? also forgot to mention I'm on Windows 7 if that makes any difference...)

I tried renaming the di.bin, deleting it... it responded exactly the same... :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Real women are better, AI isn't worth the trouble.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Mine would be easy. All it has to do is bob it's head :D:evil::blush:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Psi can make an AI babe lol.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    vffvb gferwbgereg
    :O [☎️ Bunjolio's mother that he's swearing]
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    she*
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fuck
    +1
  • J @ Just_Ragnar:
    What are mlc.bin files and are they important or can i delete them off my wii u sd card
    My apologies there little Miss @Bunjolio :mellow::blush::)
    Butt I'm still telling her :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never gonna give you upNever gonna let you downNever gonna run around and desert youNever gonna make you cryNever gonna say goodbyeNever gonna tell a lie and hurt you
    I don't recognise the song. Which one is it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sigma
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Sometimes people make mistakes, if you correct them then they'll remember.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What I can't just call someone a dick or a vagina
    ... [looks up vagina] 🤓 🔎 📖 ] :O:ohnoes::ohnoes::ohnoes: 🤢🤮
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good thing I have a vagina
    +1
  • Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu:
    Evil SylverReZ: "GuldRez"
    I always knew you were a Kunt @K3Nv2 :tpi::rofl2:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: