Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
grnorris said:
Two problems to report:
1.) The update feature seems to be leaving old copies in it's folder. While one old copy is ok (something to fall back on) too many will (obviously enough) cause issues with space.
2.) I tried using the V command in Modmii 4.5.2 (newest) and it took me to a Linkbucks/SeriousURL page. This page had this thread in a corner (with scroll bars on it). I've actually had this kind of link before when I download something from gbatemp. Also there were some known bad sites trying to operate from it.

I use Firefox as my primary browser and am currently running FF4 those this has happened in FF3.x as well.
1.) Yes, i noticed that too, but it is only the exe file, i always delete it if the new modmii version works correctly.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Yeah, I didn't want to have ModMii delete older versions after updating. I wanted to make it super easy to revert back to whatever version you were using before the update in case something isn't working properly or a feature was removed or something. And each exe of ModMii is only about 4MB, so even if u were to collect 20 different versions by updating, that's only 80MB, not a lot of space. But yea, just be cognizant of it and delete the older versions after you're satisfied that the last ModMii update is superior to the old one. But really, I don't think ModMii has ever taken a step backwards with an update, and I hope to keep it that way
biggrin.gif

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
It doesn't open linkbucks for everyone!!

People who have donated to ModMii get told about an easter egg that stops ModMii from opening any webpages during updates. The way I see it, people who've donated have already made their contribution, they shouldn't be directed to linkbucks webpages.

Oh yea, just so you know, the easter egg also has other more useful advantages, avoiding the linkbucks pages during updates was just an afterthought, the real purpose of the easter egg is something users will benefit from EVERY time they use ModMii. Personally I think the easter egg alone is worth at least $1... something to consider ppl!
biggrin.gif

But remember, you're not paying for the easter egg, you're donating to support ModMii, and as my way of saying thanks I'll tell you the easter egg!

grnorris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
Yeah, I didn't want to have ModMii delete older versions after updating. I wanted to make it super easy to revert back to whatever version you were using before the update in case something isn't working properly or a feature was removed or something. And each exe of ModMii is only about 4MB, so even if u were to collect 20 different versions by updating, that's only 80MB, not a lot of space. But yea, just be cognizant of it and delete the older versions after you're satisfied that the last ModMii update is superior to the old one. But really, I don't think ModMii has ever taken a step backwards with an update, and I hope to keep it that way
biggrin.gif

I see. As I said earlier maybe just have it keep one older version. As per the money thing perhaps sometime when I'm not 2K USD in debt (and continuing to sink...)

Also, I keep all my Homebrew stuff (minus games) on my SD card along with some Portable Applications. The SD card allows me to
1.) Keep the homebrew stuff altogether while maintaining Drive:\Program Files format
2.) Move my stuff to another computer (some of my portable apps are for maintenance).

The games/backups are usually kept on my EHDD (External Hard Disk Drive) but that's out of the picture until I finish running my recovery tools on it. (USB adaptor broke and damaged the data).

BTW I seem to remember OverJoy mentioning a batch file in the newest versions of ModMii for changing the naming convention on Sneek/Uneek DI Hard Drives. I don't see it though I haven't converted any new games recently.

FulgoreSama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Newbie here, I'm confused a little bit.

Softmodding a Wii with this will allow me to run ISOs of wii games that are stored inside an SD card and such right? I'm considering about doing this but I am not sure as to what exactly this does... so If someone could answer my question, that would be great.

robjanssen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
FulgoreSama said:

Softmodding a Wii with this will allow me to run ISOs of wii games that are stored inside an SD card and such right? I'm considering about doing this but I am not sure as to what exactly this does... so If someone could answer my question, that would be great.

After softmodding you can run Wii Games from an external hard drive.
It is possible to run a game from a SD card, but there won't fit many games on a SD, so an external hard drive is prefered.
Some people you the SD card for the USB Loader (the program you need to run the Wii Games)
But i prefer to put everything on a external hard drive, the loader and the games, so you don't need a SD card to run a Wii game.

FulgoreSama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
robjanssen said:
FulgoreSama said:

After softmodding you can run Wii Games from an external hard drive.
It is possible to run a game from a SD card, but there won't fit many games on a SD, so an external hard drive is prefered.
Some people you the SD card for the USB Loader (the program you need to run the Wii Games)
But i prefer to put everything on a external hard drive, the loader and the games, so you don't need a SD card to run a Wii game.

Oh okay.

spaceytjk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi newb question,

I did the Zelda hack for my Wii a while back in order to get the DLC content for RB2. I have the Homebrew Channel, but its an older version.
Can I replace all the old stuff with what I download from ModMii and move the DLC content into the wad folder?

TIA!

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
spaceytjk said:
Hi newb question,

I did the Zelda hack for my Wii a while back in order to get the DLC content for RB2. I have the Homebrew Channel, but its an older version.

instead of the exploit step in your modmii guide U could just launch the hackmii installer from your old version of the homebrew channel.

Can I replace all the old stuff with what I download from ModMii and move the DLC content into the wad folder?

yes, but I dunno what else u could possibly have on the sd card, so u may want to keep any nand backups or w/e else u may value

TIA!

spaceytjk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@xFlak,
Thanks for answering!

Another question/problem,

I have installed Modmii and got everything to work except for the usb loader.
Whenever I click it on the icon it blacks out and resets to the main screen.
I put the copy-to-usb files on my usb drive and had it converted half fat32/ntfs.
The usb files are in the fat32 partition while the game (just dance 2) is in the ntfs partition b/c its over 4gb.
Did I do anything wrong?

These are the wads I installed:
Your unique list of wads to install are as follows:

* IOS11v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP])
* IOS20v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP])
* IOS30v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP])
* IOS50v14889(IOS50v4889[FS-ES-NP])
* IOS60v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP])
* IOS70v16687(IOS70v6687[FS-ES-NP])
* cIOS202[57]-v5
* cIOS223[37-38]-v4
* cIOS222[38]-v5
* cIOS224[57]-v5
* cIOS249[56]-v21d2x3
* cIOS250[57]-v21d2x3
* RVL-cmios-v4_WiiGator_GCBL_v0.2
* Mii-Channel-NUS-v6
* Photo-Channel-1.1-NUS-v3
* Shopping-Channel-NUS-v20
* Opera-Internet-Channel-NUS
* Weather-Channel-NUS-v7
* NEWS-Channel-NUS-v7
* Wii-Speak-Channel-NUS
* IOS9-64-v1034
* IOS12-64-v526
* IOS13-64-v1032
* IOS14-64-v1032
* IOS15-64-v1032
* IOS17-64-v1032
* IOS21-64-v1039
* IOS22-64-v1294
* IOS28-64-v1807
* IOS31-64-v3608
* IOS33-64-v3608
* IOS34-64-v3608
* IOS35-64-v3608
* IOS36-64-v3608
* IOS37-64-v5663
* IOS38-64-v4124
* IOS41-64-v3607
* IOS43-64-v3607
* IOS45-64-v3607
* IOS46-64-v3607
* IOS48-64-v4124
* IOS53-64-v5663
* IOS55-64-v5663
* IOS56-64-v5662
* IOS57-64-v5919
* IOS58-64-v6176
* IOS61-64-v5662
* USBLoader(s)-ahbprot58-SD-USB-v9-IDCL
This is a forwarder channel that will load the first file it finds from the following list:
SD+USB:\apps\usbloader\boot.dol
SD+USB:\apps\usbloader\boot.elf
SD+USB:\apps\usb-loader\boot.dol
SD+USB:\apps\usb-loader\boot.elf
SD+USB:\apps\usbloader_cfg\boot.dol
SD+USB:\apps\usbloader_cfg\boot.elf
SD+USB:\apps\WiiFlow\boot.dol
SD+USB:\apps\WiiFlow\boot.elf
SD+USB:\apps\usbloader_gx\boot.dol
SD+USB:\apps\usbloader_gx\boot.elf

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak, I want to say THANK YOU FOR THIS GREAT PROGRAM!!!!!! I updated my brother in law's Wii from 4.2U to 4.3U System Menu using ModMii but the only problem is that when I load up a game using the USB drive, it takes a very long time to start the game, I guess around 30 or more seconds, why is that? what can I do to make it start faster?

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@bnm81002,
You could try defragmenting the hard drive. You could try loading the game with an alternate cIOS, which 1 are u currently using? U could also try using a different hard drive.

@dicamarques,
u could launch the priiloader v0.7 installer via an ahbprot enabled forwarder channel and there will be zero risk of the HBC bug. So for example, using the usbloader forwarder channel that comes with ModMii, save the priiloader installer's boot.dol to SD:\apps\usbloader\boot.dol, then launch the usbloader forwarder channel and it will safely launch the priiloader v0.7 installer with direct hardware access. When ur done installing it, you can delete\rename the folder SD:\apps\usbloader containing priiloader v0.7 this way your forwarder channel will actually launch your usbloader going forward. Note that there are alternatives to this method involving editing\deleting priiloader's meta.xml and patching your IOS36.

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
@bnm81002,
You could try defragmenting the hard drive. You could try loading the game with an alternate cIOS, which 1 are u currently using? U could also try using a different hard drive.

Loader version 68a2
IOS249 R21003 FRAG
BASE: IOS56 r21-d2x-v3 modmii
according to the info

flo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
QUOTE said:
@dicamarques,
u could launch the priiloader v0.7 installer via an ahbprot enabled forwarder channel and there will be zero risk of the HBC bug. So for example, using the usbloader forwarder channel that comes with ModMii, save the priiloader installer's boot.dol to SD:\apps\usbloader\boot.dol, then launch the usbloader forwarder channel and it will safely launch the priiloader v0.7 installer with direct hardware access. When ur done installing it, you can delete\rename the folder SD:\apps\usbloader containing priiloader v0.7 this way your forwarder channel will actually launch your usbloader going forward. Note that there are alternatives to this method involving editing\deleting priiloader's meta.xml and patching your IOS36.

Or you could just connect you console to Wi-Fi and the bug will not occur , right ?

If you choose to use the usbloader forwarder make you you rename the folder back to priiloader and place hacks_hash.ini inside it
The hacks won't be recognised otherwise

grnorris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
USB loader look for the first partition only. Also, I don't believe theres any loader that can run ISO's directly without issue (I think CFG may be able to but it's not preferable). If using CFG convert your games to wbfs format for best results and make sure the FAT32 partition is the first partition and is 4096 (I believe) bytes or less (about 4KB). Otherwise the Wii itself will reject the drive. Alternatively you could use WiiBackupManager to format to wbfs format and use it to convert all your games.

I myself take a different approach and use Uneek+DI. Uneek/Sneek use a fake NAND (the Wii's internal hard drive) instead of the real one and can run most games without issues (I've had a few issues but I've yet to fully update). +DI means it loads games off a USB drive. The drive has to be in the aforementioned FAT32 with 4096 byte clusters or less format. They also have to be in the DI format (essentially an extracted disk). For the extraction I use ModMii for the creation of Sneek I generally use SneekyCompiler (though I've had some issues with the latest rev).

Hopefully this is helpful to you. I think in a fairly technical manner and have a decent understanding of the Wii's internals so if you have any questions as to my meanings or how something works just ask.

spaceytjk said:
@xFlak,
Thanks for answering!

Another question/problem,

I have installed Modmii and got everything to work except for the usb loader.
Whenever I click it on the icon it blacks out and resets to the main screen.
I put the copy-to-usb files on my usb drive and had it converted half fat32/ntfs.
The usb files are in the fat32 partition while the game (just dance 2) is in the ntfs partition b/c its over 4gb.
Did I do anything wrong?

These are the wads I installed:
Your unique list of wads to install are as follows:

* IOS11v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP])
* IOS20v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP])
* IOS30v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP])
* IOS50v14889(IOS50v4889[FS-ES-NP])
* IOS60v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP])
* IOS70v16687(IOS70v6687[FS-ES-NP])
* cIOS202[57]-v5
* cIOS223[37-38]-v4
* cIOS222[38]-v5
* cIOS224[57]-v5
* cIOS249[56]-v21d2x3
* cIOS250[57]-v21d2x3
* RVL-cmios-v4_WiiGator_GCBL_v0.2
* Mii-Channel-NUS-v6
* Photo-Channel-1.1-NUS-v3
* Shopping-Channel-NUS-v20
* Opera-Internet-Channel-NUS
* Weather-Channel-NUS-v7
* NEWS-Channel-NUS-v7
* Wii-Speak-Channel-NUS
* IOS9-64-v1034
* IOS12-64-v526
* IOS13-64-v1032
* IOS14-64-v1032
* IOS15-64-v1032
* IOS17-64-v1032
* IOS21-64-v1039
* IOS22-64-v1294
* IOS28-64-v1807
* IOS31-64-v3608
* IOS33-64-v3608
* IOS34-64-v3608
* IOS35-64-v3608
* IOS36-64-v3608
* IOS37-64-v5663
* IOS38-64-v4124
* IOS41-64-v3607
* IOS43-64-v3607
* IOS45-64-v3607
* IOS46-64-v3607
* IOS48-64-v4124
* IOS53-64-v5663
* IOS55-64-v5663
* IOS56-64-v5662
* IOS57-64-v5919
* IOS58-64-v6176
* IOS61-64-v5662
* USBLoader(s)-ahbprot58-SD-USB-v9-IDCL
This is a forwarder channel that will load the first file it finds from the following list:
SD+USB:\apps\usbloader\boot.dol
SD+USB:\apps\usbloader\boot.elf
SD+USB:\apps\usb-loader\boot.dol
SD+USB:\apps\usb-loader\boot.elf
SD+USB:\apps\usbloader_cfg\boot.dol
SD+USB:\apps\usbloader_cfg\boot.elf
SD+USB:\apps\WiiFlow\boot.dol
SD+USB:\apps\WiiFlow\boot.elf
SD+USB:\apps\usbloader_gx\boot.dol
SD+USB:\apps\usbloader_gx\boot.elf

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
I tried runnig th installer with the usb loader forwarder channel, the screen just go black and the wiimote doesnt connect to the wii.

Yes i confirmed the name of the folder.

Btw th method of connecting the wii to the wifi in HBC is it just neede to connect to a wifi ap or connect to a wifi ap and have a internet connection?

And the other method about deleting/editing meta.xml?

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
dicamarques said:
I tried runnig th installer with the usb loader forwarder channel, the screen just go black and the wiimote doesnt connect to the wii.

make sure u have IOS58 Installed, otherwise the forwarder won't work. If u followed the modmii guide though this should already be installed, so this is a moot point.

Yes i confirmed the name of the folder.

Btw th method of connecting the wii to the wifi in HBC is it just neede to connect to a wifi ap or connect to a wifi ap and have a internet connection?

It's safe when the HBC's network icon stops blinking, I think that means a working internet connect

And the other method about deleting/editing meta.xml?

delete "" from the meta.xml. You'll also need to install a patched IOS36. There are many ways to do this, but u can download it using ModMii, from the main menu enter "A", "36", "A", "N", "N", "Y". Then install IOS36v3608[FS-ES-NP].wad using MMM or w/e wad manager you like. Then launch the priiloader installer, it should run using IOS36 and since its patched it should run properly and safely. After installing priiloader, u can optionally re-install a non-patched IOS36, it will already be saved to your wad folder when you built the patched IOS36, just install it using the same method u did to install the patched IOS36.

@spaceytjk,
ModMii's usb-loader forwarder can launch apps from FAT32 AND NTFS, but it only looks on the 1st partition. So I'm guessing u got your partitions backwards. Anyways, u can copy your apps folder from your FAT32 partition to the NTFS one and see if the forwarder channel begins working for u. Alternatively u can reformat the hard drive as 100% fat32, or as 50/50 split but this time in the right order.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu:
    im not a very bright individual, but we live and we learn
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Materia_tofu, We do learn a lot from plenty of talented individuals.
  • Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu:
    this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update on my brother: He's home now, tired and hungry, obviously, but other than that, seems to be doing fine.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's a relief to hear. Do you know what happened?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Any idea what happened? I hope that your brother's doing good.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Well, from what I've heard from my parents, he had a seizure last night, perhaps an epileptic episode, fucking died, had a near death experience, my dad called the paramedics, they showed up, took him to the hospital, and he woke up covered in tubes, and started complaining.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    He couldn't eat until after his MRI, when he had a bomb pop.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    What matters now is that he's doing alright.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But you still don't know what it was?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Has he had seizures before?
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    apparently stress can cause seizures, my brother had one during a test once
    never had one before that, and never had one since
  • Redleviboy123 @ Redleviboy123:
    Question about game texture chanching Do i need an own game id?
    @Veho for those that want to
    experience being sonic the hedgehog
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, you mean
    furries.
    well, sonic fans are a whole separate thing from furries
    like bronys
    sonic porn is too weird even for me