Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

lewys87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a problem, i have downloaded all files to the sd card and inserted it into the wii and installed the homebrew channel.

it is now asking me to install bootme and i understand i need to do it as boot2 and as ios. the problem is, when i try both its says

mounting sd card
creating directory '/bootmii'

faild (-1)

what do i do?

lewys87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, it started working now and have installed what i had to. is there a guide on how to play backed up games?

do i use wiiflow?
the backup i have is .iso

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
ModMii doesn't support hermes v5.1 cIOSs. It does however support v5, and there are very minor differences between the cIOS. AFAIK the only difference is that you can get around the new prince of persia game's protection without having to use an updated usb loader. But all the loaders have been updated to get that working anyways! So basically, hermes v5.1 and hermes v5 cIOSs are the same.

But yea, u can download any cIOS supported by ModMii from download page 4. And u can modify any of those cIOSs using ModMii's advanced download's feature.

digdug3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Checked the 5.1E readme:

QUOTE said:
Version 5.1
------------

- Added dev/mload shadow engine (to avoid PoP device detection)

- Added .wip file support (put it in folder sd:/ codes or usb:/ codes). You can use 3, 4 or 6 chars for the ID (corrected)

- Removed port 1 USB support (because it don´t work)

So yeah, looks like only dev/mload shadow engine added...

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bnm81002 said:
XFlak said:
@bnm81002,
You could try defragmenting the hard drive. You could try loading the game with an alternate cIOS, which 1 are u currently using? U could also try using a different hard drive.

Loader version 68a2
IOS249 R21003 FRAG
BASE: IOS56 r21-d2x-v3 modmii
according to the info

grnorris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fairly certain for Internet thing that the Wii won't allow you to set up a connection without a working internet connection. If there is a way I'd love to know because I have a router at home but no internet. Curious if anyone's found a way to create a fake Nintendo server for this kind of thing. If not it could be an interesting project for one of the more experienced coders around here.

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
grnorris said:
Fairly certain for Internet thing that the Wii won't allow you to set up a connection without a working internet connection. If there is a way I'd love to know because I have a router at home but no internet. Curious if anyone's found a way to create a fake Nintendo server for this kind of thing. If not it could be an interesting project for one of the more experienced coders around here.

Because i used once one of those broadband cellphones internet thing and i have internet only when that is connected, but when its not connect to the internet the router is still working .

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
ModMii for Windows
Version 4.5.3 Released!

by XFlak

Download ModMii Installer Here

Download French ModMii Installer Here

*French version still at 4.5.2; French update to v4.5.3 to follow shortly

See first post for more info.

4.5.3 Changelog
  • Added switch2uneek and multiple emulated Nand support when building emulated
    Nands for uneek/uneek+di.
  • switch2uneek r7 (by Conanac) updated to r7 Mod1 (Mod by XFlak).
    It now loads bootmii @ IOS (IOS254) when launching uneek instead of resetting
    the Wii. This allows even Wii's without bootmii @ boot2 to launch directly
    into uneek. It was also compiled using newer libraries for greater USB
    compatability and stability.
  • Added option when building emulated nands for uneek/uneek+di to download
    JoyFlow and install a JoyFlow forwarder channel to the emulated Nand
    (and Priiloader forwarder dol if applicable).
  • Added option to install the Homebrew Filter channel to emulated Nands.
  • Added some downloads to download page 2 to support the above functions.
  • Optimized time spent installing system menu themes to emulated Nands.
  • Drive settings are now checked each time you load the Main Menu.
    If the drive has been removed then default drive settings are loaded instead.
  • Brewery updated to version 2.0; it now supports Pilsner.
  • Other minor changes.

A big thanks goes out to giantpune and all my beta testers: pplucky, scooby74029, Hielkenator, goku1980, kylster and brausm08.
Thanks again to Hielkenator who helped create the beautiful switch2uneek and JoyFlow channels.
And of course thanks goes out to my bro DeadlyFoez; who has always helped me brainstorm new ideas for ModMii.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
bnm81002 said:
I would like to change the Wii theme to the red version, how do I go about doing just that?
Start the ModMii wizard, tell it that your wii is NOT a virgin, say no to downloading everything except the theme you want to download, then follow your custom guide (you can skip the step where you install a patched system menu IOS/wad since u should already have it installed)

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
ModMii for Windows
Version 4.5.3 Released!

by XFlak
Not yet updateable from ModMii 4.52?

QUOTE(XFlak @ Apr 12 2011, 10:07 PM) A big thanks goes out to giantpune and all my beta testers: pplucky, scooby74029, Hielkenator, goku1980, kylster and brausm08.
Glad to help...
yaywii.gif

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
bnm81002 said:
I would like to change the Wii theme to the red version, how do I go about doing just that?
Start the ModMii wizard, tell it that your wii is NOT a virgin, say no to downloading everything except the theme you want to download, then follow your custom guide (you can skip the step where you install a patched system menu IOS/wad since u should already have it installed)

how do I install it since I can't download my MyMenuify from wiibrew.org, gives an invalid link?

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
bnm81002 said:
XFlak said:
bnm81002 said:
how do I install it since I can't download my MyMenuify from wiibrew.org, gives an invalid link?
ModMii doesn't download mymenuify from wiibrew.org, so u obviously didn't follow my instructions, try again
biggrin.gif

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
bnm81002 said:
XFlak said:
bnm81002 said:
ModMii doesn't download mymenuify from wiibrew.org, so u obviously didn't follow my instructions, try again
biggrin.gif

actually I did, this is from your generated guide,
To install themes launch MyMenuify from the HBC. but I didn't have MyMenuify folder, Wiibrew doesn't allow you to download it from them anymore but I got it somewhere else, I changed the theme to the red version, thanks
I do have one problem that still hasn't been resolved the long start up time of the games on the USB drive, if you remember I said said it takes about 1 minute to start the games up, here's the Loader cIOS info,

Loader Version 68a3
IOS249 (r21003) [FRAG]
Base: IOS56 r21-d2x-v3 modmii
mload v1.0

if I changed the IOS to 224mload for all the games it starts up as normal with no long wait time, any solution? thanks

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Are you saying that ModMii was unable to download mymenuify? I kinda doubt it...

what hard drive are u using? I bet if u used a different drive it would speed up. Other than that, u can just try different cIOSs until u find one that loads games off your hard drive fastest

cheers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)