Country
andrei55555 said:
pplucky said:
andrei55555 said:
pplucky said:
andrei55555 said:
robjanssen said:
andrei55555 said:
So, I modded by new 4.3u wii by following all of the instructions that were generated. Now, I'm trying to run backups, however they won't work if I put them on a FAT32 USB drive or if I burn them onto a disc. I tried running the USB loader that was installed but it just goes back to the menu screen. Discs are not recognized. Pleeeeeeeeease help, I really want to play my backups
tongue.gif
Do I have to do anything else besides the steps that were given to me in the generated instructions to run backups?

What colour has your Wii?
Black en Red Wii's cannot paly backups.
Newer white one's also cannot play backups.
You need to use a hard drive.

Which Loader(s) do you use?
And what version?

I have a white wii. And I just bought mine a few days ago, so I guess that means it's newer?
frown.gif
I used the configurable usb loader. Not sure what version, it came with the modmii wizard.
If you're talking about disc backups, you cannot have D3-2 DVD drive which comes with newer Wiis. You can check here, the probability of your Wii having it, based on Serial Number.

If you're talking about backups run from USB drive, all softmodded Wiis should be able to run it...

Give us more info: which loader are you using? Cfg Usb Loader? Which version? Directly from HBC or via Channel in the Wii Menu?
Can you provide us with a Syscheck output?

I checked at the link you gave me, and the probability is 50%. The WAD for the USB loader is "USBLoader(s)-ahbprot58-SD-USB-v9-IDCL" and I ran it from a channel in the wii menu. I have no idea how to get a syscheck output.
Which guide did you follow? Can you attach here as TXT, for me to check?

Never mind, I got it to work
biggrin.gif
I just had to run the CFG from the HBC instead of from the wii menu. Thank you
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Yes, but that probably means your forwarder is not working properly... Are you sure you have IOS58 installed? If you don't or you're not sure, download it from here, install it and try again.

robjanssen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
andrei55555 said:
pplucky said:
andrei55555 said:
robjanssen said:
andrei55555 said:
So, I modded by new 4.3u wii by following all of the instructions that were generated. Now, I'm trying to run backups, however they won't work if I put them on a FAT32 USB drive or if I burn them onto a disc. I tried running the USB loader that was installed but it just goes back to the menu screen. Discs are not recognized. Pleeeeeeeeease help, I really want to play my backups
tongue.gif
Do I have to do anything else besides the steps that were given to me in the generated instructions to run backups?

What colour has your Wii?
Black en Red Wii's cannot paly backups.
Newer white one's also cannot play backups.
You need to use a hard drive.

Which Loader(s) do you use?
And what version?

I have a white wii. And I just bought mine a few days ago, so I guess that means it's newer?
frown.gif
I used the configurable usb loader. Not sure what version, it came with the modmii wizard.
If you're talking about disc backups, you cannot have D3-2 DVD drive which comes with newer Wiis. You can check here, the probability of your Wii having it, based on Serial Number.

If you're talking about backups run from USB drive, all softmodded Wiis should be able to run it...

Give us more info: which loader are you using? Cfg Usb Loader? Which version? Directly from HBC or via Channel in the Wii Menu?
Can you provide us with a Syscheck output?

I checked at the link you gave me, and the probability is 50%. The WAD for the USB loader is "USBLoader(s)-ahbprot58-SD-USB-v9-IDCL" and I ran it from a channel in the wii menu. I have no idea how to get a syscheck output.

USBLoader(s)-ahbprot58-SD-USB-v9-IDCL is a forwarder.
It looks for a program to run on either your SD card or your Hard disk.
SD or Hard Disk must be formatted FAT32.

Have you used the USB Loader + Setup Guide within ModMii?
And copied all the files to your USB drive?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@zizer, ModMii's 4.5.1 sneek isntaller works fine for me and many others. I tested it personally on windows 7 and windows xp. Can you tell me what exactly its doing? Just saying 'it doesn't work' doesn't really tell me much.

@Ithian, thx mate, I feel priveledged that your first post on the 'temp was to call me 'the man'
biggrin.gif

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Downloading fsmodule-sd.elf

Warning: Some files Required fo the SNEEK install are missing. Aborting SNEEK Installation, check your internet connection Then repeat the SNEEK installation to try again

Cozmo1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
@Cozmo1,
You know you can still launch backup discs from cfg usb-loader right?
True, and it does. Iit's just not the first thing I'd think of using when it comes to playing games on DVD and wouldn't be too user friendly when others play the Wii.
XFlak said:
I think the issue with the other backup loaders is that it isn't recognizing the version # of the d2x v3 cIOSs (21003). If you go to ModMii's advanced downloads, and select cIOS249[56]d2x3, then change the version number to 21 (it may say it is currently 21, but its actually 21003, so just change it to 21 and do not leave it unchanged). Then install the new cIOS249 and try your backup loaders again.
I created this one and it installed successfully, but made no difference on using NeoGamma, Gecko, etc.
XFlak
If you really want to play backups from the disc channel, u need to reinstall darkcorp. There are a lot of files it has that are not in ModMii. ModMii installs clean IOSs (same as u would get from nintendo) whereas darkcorp installs modified/patched IOSs in order to play backups from the disc channel.
Looks like I might have to consider that, though I did install the dark / red system menu with my 4.2U upgrade. Wouldn't installing DarkCorp v1.1 on top of it possibly brick my Wii?

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
zizer said:
Downloading fsmodule-sd.elf

Warning: Some files Required fo the SNEEK install are missing. Aborting SNEEK Installation, check your internet connection Then repeat the SNEEK installation to try again
I used a another app some time ago and it displayed me that error. The cause was I was missing a compiling application on my pc. I haven't tested the Modmii version so I'm just guessing. I'll have to wait until I get home to test it.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@zizer, go into ModMii's temp folder and delete the tempsneekrev.bat file, alternatively u can delete the entire temp folder. That will get it working for you 4 sure.

@Cozmo1, are you using the most recent release of neogamma? It should be able to use the cIOS especially if u change the version number to 21... weird. Regarding installing darkcorp, whatever modmii has done to your console does not add any risk to installing darkcorp... in fact it makes it safer since now u should have bootmii, a nand backup and priiloader installed. Of all the files included in darkcorp, only the system menu IOS can be somewhat dangerous in terms of bricking (risky only for those without bootmii installed @ boot2), but darkcorp heavily modifies all the files on your Wii, so I can't guarantee smooth performance... but in reality, a lot of ppl use darkcorp and they're still alive and kicking. After installing darkcorp, if u ever use ModMii again, you can disable the "U"pdate active IOSs ModMii option so that your darkcorp installation will remain intact.

Cozmo1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
@Cozmo1, are you using the most recent release of neogamma? It should be able to use the cIOS especially if u change the version number to 21... weird.
I've been using NeoGamma r8 and it had always worked well. I might consider upgrading it to r9 if DarkCorp doesn't resolve my issue. Though I think it will.
XFlakRegarding installing darkcorp, whatever modmii has done to your console does not add any risk to installing darkcorp... in fact it makes it safer since now u should have bootmii, a nand backup and priiloader installed. Of all the files included in darkcorp, only the system menu IOS can be somewhat dangerous in terms of bricking (risky only for those without bootmii installed @ boot2), but darkcorp heavily modifies all the files on your Wii, so I can't guarantee smooth performance... but in reality, a lot of ppl use darkcorp and they're still alive and kicking. After installing darkcorp, if u ever use ModMii again, you can disable the "U"pdate active IOSs ModMii option so that your darkcorp installation will remain intact.
Sorry, I probably should've mentioned that I've had BootMii @ boot2 installed since it was released and the same with Priiloader so I didn't reinstall them. Well, I did Priiloader when I used ModMii to upgrade to 4.2U. I'll make a new nand backup and load DarkCorp v1.1 and let you know how it goes. Another thing comes to mind, if I'm not mistaken the system menu files are IOS60, IOS70 and IOS80... or am I wrong? If I'm not I can always omit IOS60 and IOS70 from the DarkCorp install.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
crap I just wrote a long post but gbatemp decided to spaz out on me, lol, so here's the short version

@Cozmo1,
IOS60/70/80 is the SM IOS for SM4.1/4.2/4.3 respectively. You could omit installing one of those corped cIOSs and I expect darkcorp will still operate fine (since ModMii installs patched SM IOSs anyways), but I can't say with 100% certainty.

Before trying to install darkcorp, I would recommend u download the latest neogamma r9 beta (ModMii's download page 2) and install cIOS249 d2x with the slot changed to rev21 (ModMii's advanced downloads). I suspect neogamma rev21 detection wasn't added until r9.

@everyone, I want your opinion on something!

Should ModMii continue to prompt users to accept minor database updates (note, this is not the same as a full ModMii update)? Instead of being prompted, ModMii could instead update the database file automatically when checking for full updates without prompting the user. I would still display a quick message saying "download database updated" or something like that. I personally would prefer if ModMii updated the database automatically, but I'd like to hear what you guys think as I am going to need to put out a database update shortly to update wiiflow to its latest version which was released recently and is able to recognize d2x v21003 cIOSs.

Cozmo1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
crap I just wrote a long post but gbatemp decided to spaz out on me, lol, so here's the short version

@Cozmo1,
IOS60/70/80 is the SM IOS for SM4.1/4.2/4.3 respectively. You could omit installing one of those corped cIOSs and I expect darkcorp will still operate fine (since ModMii installs patched SM IOSs anyways), but I can't say with 100% certainty.

Before trying to install darkcorp, I would recommend u download the latest neogamma r9 beta (ModMii's download page 2) and install cIOS249 d2x with the slot changed to rev21 (ModMii's advanced downloads). I suspect neogamma rev21 detection wasn't added until r9.
I went through the DarkCorp v1.1 files and saw that it only modifies IOS60 and doesn't touch IOS70 or IOS80. So I'm pretty confident it won't affect my system menu (and cause a brick) since I'm on 4.2U now. I still made a nand backup regardless. Will try NeoGamma r9 once DarkCorp is done if it's still needed.
XFlak@everyone, I want your opinion on something!

Should ModMii continue to prompt users to accept minor database updates (note, this is not the same as a full ModMii update)? Instead of being prompted, ModMii could instead update the database file automatically when checking for full updates without prompting the user. I would still display a quick message saying "download database updated" or something like that. I personally would prefer if ModMii updated the database automatically, but I'd like to hear what you guys think as I am going to need to put out a database update shortly to update wiiflow to its latest version which was released recently and is able to recognize d2x v21003 cIOSs.
Standard practice is to update the database file automatically. It wouldn't help a user to be using an older database file in fact it'd do them no good. I'd highly recommend the no-prompt method.

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
XFlak said:

Should ModMii continue to prompt users to accept minor database updates

If you are sure those minor updates won't break Modmii in any way then it's Ok with me. In my case the prompts don't bother me.

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:

Do it!
wink.gif

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:

Most up-to-date should be better. So, I agree with doing it automatically!

@XFlak: Sorry for the offtopic, but may I ask you to help me on 2 topics you started here and here? Maybe these are topics you don't follow that often, that's why I ask. Thanks in advance!

Cozmo1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, XFlak, DarkCorp v1.1 installed without issue and did not affect my Dark / red system menu though it did rebuild a patched IOS70 and IOS80 while installing, so that was a little disturbing. However, it appeared to build and patch them while using the systems installed IOS files which was good.

NeoGamma r9 so far is working fine, but most of my testing showed me that IOS249 rev21 had more problems than it resolved so I went back to rev20. For example, Call of Duty: Black Ops gives me a DSI error on rev21, but runs without issue on rev20. Curious that Animal Crossing always worked without a hitch and now it won't start at all via USB. Epic Mickey works great via the disc channel (after DarkCorp install), but won't even start via USB. Though that is how it was before I even thought of running ModMii. All in all, I'll have to tackle these separately as these shouldn't be ModMii issues. It's an awesome tool especially for those who just got a new Wii and/or only want to use USB. Once all games play via USB I'll do the same.
Thank you very much for your help!
smile.gif

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@Cozmo1,
ModMii's recommended cIOS249 (d2x v3 base 56) should be able to play everything except black ops. But ModMii's recommended cIOS250 (d2x v3 base 57) works just fine for black ops. What usb-loader are u using?

@pplucky,
Yea I don't follow those other threads as religiously as I do the ModMii thread. Back in the day those were my greatest contributions to the scene (which doesn't say much, lol) so when I eventually developed ModMii those threads fell into the background of my mind.

@everyone,
Alright, download database updates are going to be automatic from now on. But I did some searching, and I wasn't able to find the new version of wiiflow that supports cIOS249 v21003 that everyone is talking about. If it exists, can someone link me to it? Thx!

cambric

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
XFlak said:
@everyone,
Alright, download database updates are going to be automatic from now on. But I did some searching, and I wasn't able to find the new version of wiiflow that supports cIOS249 v21003 that everyone is talking about. If it exists, can someone link me to it? Thx!
WiiFlow r304 seems to me working with cIOS249 v21003 (even if it makes an error in the base IOS, since it says it is IOS57 instead of IOS56)
Maybe you can find it on googlecodes
An alternate distribution can be found here

Cozmo1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
@Cozmo1,
ModMii's recommended cIOS249 (d2x v3 base 56) should be able to play everything except black ops. But ModMii's recommended cIOS250 (d2x v3 base 57) works just fine for black ops. What usb-loader are u using?
Hi, XFlak. I've reinstalled both of those cIOS's and I can assure you that Fifa 2010 South Africa (sits on loading to start a game), Animal Crossing (black screen) and the already known BlackOps (DSI error) do not work with it. This just from testing a few games alone. No matter if I use CFG USB Loader, USB Loader GX and/or NeoGamma r9. Hmm... not letting me run a sysCheck on the system either. Not having any luck with cIOS249d2xv3b56 and 57. Think I should go back to 20. Is there possibly another IOS update I need to install?

Ola, pplucky. Aonde vives em Portugal? eu vivi em Mangualde (perto de Viseu) e fui para a escola secondaria de Mangualde mas ja faz 20 anos
smile.gif

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
cambric said:
XFlak said:
@everyone,
WiiFlow r304 seems to me working with cIOS249 v21003 (even if it makes an error in the base IOS, since it says it is IOS57 instead of IOS56)
Maybe you can find it on googlecodes
An alternate distribution can be found here
There in no new version yet...but although wiiflow rev. 304 displays the wrong cIOS info, rev 21 still works fine. I am a Wiiflow beta tester, so if any development comes up, i can let you know X-flak.

@cambric, i am curious, what rev. is that alternate distribution?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone