OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@Cozmo1,
You know you can still launch backup discs from cfg usb-loader right?

I think the issue with the other backup loaders is that it isn't recognizing the version # of the d2x v3 cIOSs (21003). If you go to ModMii's advanced downloads, and select cIOS249[56]d2x3, then change the version number to 21 (it may say it is currently 21, but its actually 21003, so just change it to 21 and do not leave it unchanged). Then install the new cIOS249 and try your backup loaders again.

If you really want to play backups from the disc channel, u need to reinstall darkcorp. There are a lot of files it has that are not in ModMii. ModMii installs clean IOSs (same as u would get from nintendo) whereas darkcorp installs modified/patched IOSs in order to play backups from the disc channel.

SWATSR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
wasabisun said:
you have to download with nus downloader your system menu.wad and than install it with wad manager, but this could be dangerous , so if you want to wait for others suggestions.

i can only say that:
DACO (the code of priiloader) knows this problem but he doesn t know why it happens in same cases so he say to solve the problem that you have to unistall priiloader and than install it again and if you don t solve it , install new system menu.wad

I install and uninstall priloader,donwload 4.3 system menu with nus downloader,install with wad manager and nothing. ( my wii is 4.3 before modmii )

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@SWATSR,
try installing a non-patched system menu IOS (IOS80 in your case). You can grab this from nus downloader, or ModMii's download page 1 ("80NP"), or a number of other tools.

I'm pretty sure having a patched system menu IOS can intefere with how some modchips operate when loading games from the disc channel. You may also want to install MIOSv10 as u probably don't need a cMIOS in order to play gamecube backups, and because having a cMIOS could actually intefere with loading GC games because of your ModChip.

SWATSR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
XFlak said:
@SWATSR,
try installing a non-patched system menu IOS (IOS80 in your case). You can grab this from nus downloader, or ModMii's download page 1 ("80NP"), or a number of other tools.

I'm pretty sure having a patched system menu IOS can intefere with how some modchips operate when loading games from the disc channel. You may also want to install MIOSv10 as u probably don't need a cMIOS in order to play gamecube backups, and because having a cMIOS could actually intefere with loading GC games because of your ModChip.

I tried. I installed the ios 80 and miosv10 and follows without working.

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
XFlak said:
I think the issue with the other backup loaders is that it isn't recognizing the version # of the d2x v3 cIOSs (21003). If you go to ModMii's advanced downloads, and select cIOS249[56]d2x3, then change the version number to 21 (it may say it is currently 21, but its actually 21003, so just change it to 21 and do not leave it unchanged). Then install the new cIOS249 and try your backup loaders again.

Hi XFlak,

I just modded my first 4.3 Red Wii with Modmii and I believe all went okay.

I seem to have this issue too (I think). But with WiiFlow 2.2RC1.
But I thought I read somewhere WiiFlow should work with version 21003.
In Wiiflow settings I only can select 222 / 223 / 224 and 236.

I'm pretty sure 249 and 250 aren't stubs, cause I'm able to load MMM using IOS249.

I'll try you suggestion above, but I still think it's a bit odd.

Edit:

What do I do next in the last screen ? Leave unchanged, or 21+1 ??

http://screencast.com/t/eEPf9QWZny

Edit2:
Think I figured it out. Type 249 in the IOS slot screen, and 21 in the version screen. Right ?

I didn't find it really clear in that screen though.

Edit3:
Yep ! It worked ! I also changed the 250 / 57 version which work great too.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
XFlak said:
@Cozmo1,
You know you can still launch backup discs from cfg usb-loader right?

If you really want to play backups from the disc channel, u need to reinstall darkcorp. There are a lot of files it has that are not in ModMii. ModMii installs clean IOSs (same as u would get from nintendo) whereas darkcorp installs modified/patched IOSs in order to play backups from the disc channel.
dimok just updated GX to r1080 fixing the New v21 rev numbers to work with GX

http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/iss...Owner%20Summary

Original Post

SWATSR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
XFlak said:
@SWATSR,

I solved the problem by the method that was more risky by restoring the nand with boot ios.
Thanks for your help.
Thanks you too wasabisun.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
ModMii for Windows
Version 4.5.1 Released!

by XFlak

Download ModMii Installer Here

Download French ModMii Installer Here

See first post for more info.

4.5.1 Changelog
  • Added Dark Wii Green System Menu Themes for 4.1/4.2/4.3 firmwares of all regions
    (available in wad and csm forms).
  • Completely changed how ModMii constructs s/uneek. It now uses the official
    sneek installer and should work for everyone.
  • ModMii's Sneek Game Bulk Extractor now only gives a warning if it detects
    there isn't enough free space on the target drive. Now users with uncommon
    language settings can utilize the Sneek Game Bulk Extractor even if it
    incorrectly identifies that the drive doesn't have enough free space.
  • Updated DarkWii Red KOR system menu themes to their new and more stable versions.
  • Updated Homebrew Browser to v0.3.9c.
  • d2x v3 cIOSs version numbers changed to 21003 (ModMii v4.5.0.1 Database Update).
  • WiiFlow updated to r304 (ModMii v4.5.0.1 Database Update).
  • ModMii can now order you pizza and beer.
  • Other minor changes.

andrei55555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I modded by new 4.3u wii by following all of the instructions that were generated. Now, I'm trying to run backups, however they won't work if I put them on a FAT32 USB drive or if I burn them onto a disc. I tried running the USB loader that was installed but it just goes back to the menu screen. Discs are not recognized. Pleeeeeeeeease help, I really want to play my backups
tongue.gif
Do I have to do anything else besides the steps that were given to me in the generated instructions to run backups?

robjanssen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
andrei55555 said:
So, I modded by new 4.3u wii by following all of the instructions that were generated. Now, I'm trying to run backups, however they won't work if I put them on a FAT32 USB drive or if I burn them onto a disc. I tried running the USB loader that was installed but it just goes back to the menu screen. Discs are not recognized. Pleeeeeeeeease help, I really want to play my backups
tongue.gif
Do I have to do anything else besides the steps that were given to me in the generated instructions to run backups?

What colour has your Wii?
Black en Red Wii's cannot paly backups.
Newer white one's also cannot play backups.
You need to use a hard drive.

Which Loader(s) do you use?
And what version?

andrei55555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
robjanssen said:
andrei55555 said:
tongue.gif

And what version?

I have a white wii. And I just bought mine a few days ago, so I guess that means it's newer?
frown.gif
I used the configurable usb loader. Not sure what version, it came with the modmii wizard.

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
andrei55555 said:
robjanssen said:
andrei55555 said:
tongue.gif

And what version?

I have a white wii. And I just bought mine a few days ago, so I guess that means it's newer?
frown.gif
I used the configurable usb loader. Not sure what version, it came with the modmii wizard.
If you're talking about disc backups, you cannot have D3-2 DVD drive which comes with newer Wiis. You can check here, the probability of your Wii having it, based on Serial Number.

If you're talking about backups run from USB drive, all softmodded Wiis should be able to run it...

Give us more info: which loader are you using? Cfg Usb Loader? Which version? Directly from HBC or via Channel in the Wii Menu?
Can you provide us with a Syscheck output?

andrei55555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pplucky said:
andrei55555 said:
robjanssen said:
andrei55555 said:
tongue.gif

And what version?

frown.gif
If you're talking about disc backups, you cannot have D3-2 DVD drive which comes with newer Wiis. You can check here, the probability of your Wii having it, based on Serial Number.

If you're talking about backups run from USB drive, all softmodded Wiis should be able to run it...

Give us more info: which loader are you using? Cfg Usb Loader? Which version? Directly from HBC or via Channel in the Wii Menu?

I checked at the link you gave me, and the probability is 50%. The WAD for the USB loader is "USBLoader(s)-ahbprot58-SD-USB-v9-IDCL" and I ran it from a channel in the wii menu. I have no idea how to get a syscheck output.

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
andrei55555 said:
pplucky said:
andrei55555 said:
robjanssen said:
andrei55555 said:
tongue.gif

And what version?

frown.gif

I checked at the link you gave me, and the probability is 50%. The WAD for the USB loader is "USBLoader(s)-ahbprot58-SD-USB-v9-IDCL" and I ran it from a channel in the wii menu. I have no idea how to get a syscheck output.
Which guide did you follow? Can you attach here as TXT, for me to check?

andrei55555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pplucky said:
andrei55555 said:
pplucky said:
andrei55555 said:
robjanssen said:
andrei55555 said:
tongue.gif

And what version?

frown.gif

Which guide did you follow? Can you attach here as TXT, for me to check?

Never mind, I got it to work
biggrin.gif
I just had to run the CFG from the HBC instead of from the wii menu. Thank you
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Surprised they never made a second one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It takes two was their newest different theme
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I didn't care for that one so much, but didn't play it much either.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just played little of "Still Wakes The Deep" , just came to gamepass today, its alright, kinda creepy. I'm not usually a horror game fan, but it looks really good graphic wise, esp w 4k. I admit it made me jump a few times.
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    Anyone here using the 3DS?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    do u have pretendo?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    whats ur code?
  • B @ btjunior:
    i dont have pretendo sorry
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    oh ok
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    well if ur console isnt modded i suggest u to mod it
  • B @ btjunior:
    also, just curius, does the freinds app still work after the shutdown?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    yes
  • B @ btjunior:
    nice
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    but u cant play online games anymore :(
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i miss going in other peoples town
  • B @ btjunior:
    yeah
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i have a friend named Pineapple (@pineappleJuice hi). we played a lot the day b4 the server shutdown
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I preten to know doe
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @LNLenost how well is the pretendo servers, you ever get kicked off games when playing online?
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    @BigOnYa not always you get kicked. it happens rarely to me.
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    ofc they're not great, but props to them for making this
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    btw, I decided to make the nintendo support team going insane
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i told them my badges disappeared after i opened the badge arcade after the shutdown, but actually they disappeared because i opened the badge arcade w/ pretendo
  • AcuteBulbasaurappears @ AcuteBulbasaurappears:
    Hey, is there anybody who knows how to create wuhb-files? :) I would like to create forwarders for two Wii-channels: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wuhb-to-vwii-channel-request.657253/#post-10441514
    AcuteBulbasaurappears @ AcuteBulbasaurappears: Hey, is there anybody who knows how to create wuhb-files? :) I would like to create forwarders...