• No, and I posted what went wrong

Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

johnsonjunk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After much research I stumbled on a link to this page in a comment section on how to geek....I am so glad I did, I'm not a noob but certainly a beginner when it comes to the wii....modmii was exactly what I needed, easy to follow and I was so impressed that I made my first donation ever to the developer for making it. My kids are totally happy, I'm happy and I've passed on the link to friends and will encourage them to donate to show our appreciation!!! Thank you!!!!

tismij

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
XFlak said:
Omega42 said:
4.4.8 seems to crash while generating the guide with the new exploit chosen. selecting only the old exploits works.
wow, somehow I got some unicode text in there or something that was screwing everything up, expect 4.4.9 released in minutes

QUOTE(tismij @ Feb 6 2011, 04:29 PM) I can not download boot.elf from bootmii.org, any ideas how to get it to continue?
The website for the hackmii installer download is down (www.bootmii.org/download/), once its up and running again u will be able to download it again.
If u ever used ModMii in the past to download this file, it will still be saved in the temp folder and will not require to internet to "download" it again.

edit:
@Dter ic,

I don't use dolphin, but I imagine all u would need is an emulated nand, so build an emulated nand using ModMii's SNEEK functions, its pretty self explanatory, enjoy!

Can I use the boot.elf from my other install (4.2E wii not 4.3E) i.e. is the boot.elf always the same?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
tismij said:
Can I use the boot.elf from my other install (4.2E wii not 4.3E) i.e. is the boot.elf always the same?
the boot.elf ModMii saves to the root of the sd card is always the hackmii installer UNLESS you selected ModMii's HackMii Solutions instead of ModMii's Wizard. In either case, if you navigate to SD:\apps\hackmii_installer you will find the appropriate boot.elf and u can use that. If you downloaded the hackmii installer using a ModMii v4.4.0 or higher then ModMii will still have the hackmii installer saved to the "temp" folder and it will be able to access the required files even if the hackmii website is down

ketufe

Trophies
XP
Country
France
thank's XFlak
nyanya.gif

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I cracked the Wii,but it is very unstable as it stops during the game.
Can I use this tool the Re-crack or Re-hack the WII?
If I follow the instruction provided by this tool carefully, is it unlikely to brick the WII?
(A step ask me whether the WII is a virgin, I answered YES;
Another question:Would you like to download active IOS?, I answered YES as answering no requires a true virgin)
Were there any wrongs?
Thanks!

MBison

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Loved ModMii.

Quick question, I assume I just use the WAD loader, the same one I used in the ModMii download/install/guide to install the WiiWare .WAD files?

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Matrix21 said:
Just wanted to say thanks again for this wondderful resource. I have used it three times now and every time has been perfect.
grog.gif
Yeah, about that, i used modmii a few times now and i like to change my vote in the poll, but i can't it seems...can you reset it for me Xflak? The first time i answered 1 modded 1 wii, now the number is increased somewhat.

And....34 ppl over 9000!!! ORLY!!!

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Unfortunately I don't have permissions to be able make those kinds of changes to the poll. If you want to change your vote, you will have to ask tj_cool or another mod to do it for you. You will have to tell them what you voted previously and what you want it changed to. I imagine it would be a big pain in the butt for tj_cool if a lot of ppl start changing their votes, so please use your judgement when asking tj for favours so we don't bother him too much.

@Matrix21, you're very welcome! I'm glad you had a positive ModMii experience!

@MBison, I don't know why zizer felt the need to link u to Wad Manager 1.7 when what you said was accurate. Just use MMM or YAWMM to install your wads. Both MMM and YAWMM have brick protection features that Wad Manager 1.7 does not have. For example, MMM and YAWMM will not allow you to install a stub SM IOS or uninstall your SM IOS, both of which would result in a brick (which u could recover from if u have bootmii @ boot2, or if u have a nand backup+infectus)... point is, yawmm and mmm will make sure u don't do anything obviously stupid to your Wii, Wad Manager 1.7 leaves that up to the user. But as long as u don't do anything stupid, all 3 tools can get the job done. Also, make sure u have priiloader and bootmii installed and a nand backup before installing untested wads.

Tacoaru

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, first time user of ModMii and I'm running into some problems. I was wondering if I can get some help?

I have a virgin 4.3U and am using the Indiana Pwns exploit.
First run through with installation, Hackmii 0.8 tells me that there is no vulnerable IOS. According to the guide that was generated, I should run ModMii again except that I should choose the "Hackmii solutions" option instead.
Running this instance works fine, and I am now ready to install IOS58 using multi-mod manager as written in the generated guide. It tells me to select WAD manager, which I do and a storage device to mount. Seeing how the files are all on the SD card, I try to mount the Wii SD slot but it tells me there is an error mounting the device.
I assume this is not suppose to happen. I am using a non-SDHC card first formatted to FAT and then formatted to FAT32 just to see if that would make a difference. It does not work.

Can anyone point me to the right direction or offer some possible solutions? Maybe I'm following the steps wrong? Help would be appreciated.
Thanks you

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
XFlak said:
Unfortunately I don't have permissions to be able make those kinds of changes to the poll. If you want to change your vote, you will have to ask tj_cool or another mod to do it for you. You will have to tell them what you voted previously and what you want it changed to. I imagine it would be a big pain in the butt for tj_cool if a lot of ppl start changing their votes, so please use your judgement when asking tj for favours so we don't bother him too much.
Well lets not do that, i think the poll at least shows that modmii works great.
This is, as you say, not worth bothering a mod about, thnx for the answer.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@Tacoaru,
well my fellow Canadian, I got news for u, your Wii is not a virgin, it previously had cIOSCorp or darkcorp installed on it, which is why u got the no vulnerable IOS error in the first place.

It sounds like MMM is unable to detect your SD card, try reloading another IOS (its near the bottom of MMMs list of functions) and hopefully it should have better luck detecting your SD card. Can you tell me what IOS it is currently loaded? Then try loading IOS36, IOS80, and pretty much any other IOS u have installed until one is able to detect your SD card (u might even still have a cIOS installed to slot 250). Once u get it working, plz let me know which IOS was initially loaded, and which one u had to load in order to get it to detect your sd card.

Note, any IOS is able to install an unmodified ninty IOS. So even if u can't get MMM to detect your SD card using the currently loaded IOS, u can just go to MMMs IOS manager and install a non-patched IOS58 direct from NUS (requires wifi on your Wii), this will get IOS58 installed on your Wii even if MMM can't detect your SD card. Then u can go back to the 1st ModMii guide u were using.

@Etheboss, no prob!

Tacoaru

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
@XFlak

Thanks for the quick reply.
I bought this Wii from futureshop for my parents 2 years ago and it has been used solely by them ever since. They don't have the technical know-how to modify a console, much less use the computer at times haha. Because of that, I find it hard to believe that it has already been modified by some other means...

Current IOS on MMM startup is IOS33 v3608.
Changing it to IOS36 allows detection of the SD slot. From there, I was able to install IOS58v6176 with no problems and proceeded to install the HBC through the App Manager. However, it once again gave me the error msg "no vulnerable IOS" detected before prompting me to exit.

Any thoughts on how to proceed in this scenario? Thank you

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
It's possible that someone returned their Wii to future shop after partially "virginizing" it... but who knows

try installing some other non-fakesigned IOSs that ModMii downloaded for u. I think maurifrog (sp? sorry dude) did some testing, where if u have an older version of IOS33 or IOS34, it won't work, despite the fact that it should only require IOS58 to run. Hmmm, if u have wifi on your wii, try performing an official system update and try again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    meowie13 @ meowie13: hellooo everyone