Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

scoobydoo1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just did my first ever softmod on a fresh brand new black Wii. Using Modmii couldn't have been easier. Thanks for all the great work guys!

I have my original launch Wii since, well, the Wii's launch. Rolled up my sleeves and dusted off my soldering iron as soon as Wiikey became available. Resisted all these years to softmodding. After seeing what the current USB loaders look like I could resist no more. After using Modmii on that new black Wii, I followed mod any Wii guide and performed each step "manually" to really understand what goes on. Even this "manual" method was made so easy thanks to all those who made it so easy. Before I did the softmod I kept telling myself it's easier to just stay with my hardmod. Now I guess I have the best of both world.

PS I did the Modmii method on OSX inside a Parallels Win7 VM. Not a single hiccup, not that I expected one.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
scoobydoo1 said:
PS I did the Modmii method on OSX inside a Parallels Win7 VM. Not a single hiccup, not that I expected one.
AWESOME! This is the first I heard of anyone getting it to work on a non-windows OS (even if using a virtual machine)! Thx for letting me know!

wichoxp

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
XFlak said:
scoobydoo1 said:
AWESOME! This is the first I heard of anyone getting it to work on a non-windows OS (even if using a virtual machine)! Thx for letting me know!
@ XFlak:

Is there a way to do a hack for increase the number of titles installed on the Wii Menu?... Having more than 4 Wii Menu pages could be great to add more forwarders on the main menu
cool.gif
!

See ya!

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@wichoxp
No, AFAIK doesn't exist such a hack.
Anyway if your wii has fw 4.0 or higher you can move channels on the sd card (up to 400 channels) and launch them directly from the sd card menu. Loading time will be slower but still acceptable.

@Zod
No, you can't 'cause a virgin wii can only read non-out-of-region games.

theroar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did a manual priiloader upgrade to .6.

I just went through the wizard and noticed that MM only has .4 as an option. I chose not to add priiloader to the install.

That is the right choice, correct? A couple days ago DacoTaco pushed it to final instead of beta. Uses a new hash_hacks.ini instead of the old hacks.ini file.

Thanks for the awesome tool.
Mike

PJIV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all your work, some changes for the 4.3u guide

You have this at the beginning...

"IMPORTANT NOTES:

*This guide does NOT require a Wifi connection on your Wii.
*An SD card formatted to FAT(32) required (Best results are with non-SDHC cards, SDHC will only work on 4.0 or above)."

However you have below in the guide for the Exploits that SDHC cards do not work, so it's conflicting information. Remove the "(Best results are with non-SDHC cards, SDHC will only work on 4.0 or above)." Since you can't use the exploits with a SDHC card at all.

Just stupid but it's a simple fix.

PJIV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theroar said:
I did a manual priiloader upgrade to .6.

I just went through the wizard and noticed that MM only has .4 as an option. I chose not to add priiloader to the install.

That is the right choice, correct? A couple days ago DacoTaco pushed it to final instead of beta. Uses a new hash_hacks.ini instead of the old hacks.ini file.

Thanks for the awesome tool.
Mike

There is nothing wrong with v0.4 it works just fine. Having no Priiloader is NOT better than having an older one. If you choose to use v0.6 go ahead I'm sticking with what works. There is nothing in v0.6 that makes me say "I got to have this now." since the current v0.4 works just fine.

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
PJIV said:
Thanks for all your work, some changes for the 4.3u guide

You have this at the beginning...

"IMPORTANT NOTES:

*This guide does NOT require a Wifi connection on your Wii.
*An SD card formatted to FAT(32) required (Best results are with non-SDHC cards, SDHC will only work on 4.0 or above)."

However you have below in the guide for the Exploits that SDHC cards do not work, so it's conflicting information. Remove the "(Best results are with non-SDHC cards, SDHC will only work on 4.0 or above)." Since you can't use the exploits with a SDHC card at all.

Just stupid but it's a simple fix.
BannerBomb does work on SDHC

theroar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the tip. If it aint broke... why fix it. =)

I was trying to say I already had installed .6 of priiloader... so I left it unchecked in the wizard. Would it have downgraded it if I had left it checked?

Worked like a charm. I love the way your tool has them all on the SD. I have previously done them one by one, connecting to the net each time. I was just helping a cousin at a hotel and could not get access to the hotel internet... so had to do them on my pc and move them over... Found ModMii 3 days too late. =)

Have you ever heard of anyone being able to get a wii to conect to a hotel net provider? One where they make you click a "accept" the rules button before you get an IP?

Thanks again for all your efforts!

Mike

EmoTears

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When loading virtual console games they install fine, but when launching them I can get sound but not video. If i hit the home button on the remote i will get the home menu and a picture of the game behind it, but close the menu and it goes to black screen again.

Is there something that might need to be done to get them to work?

PS: I hear the emulators work nicely, but there only 2-3 games that i like from the old consoles and just easier to run them from the channel window.

Anakinnnn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi XFlak!
This is a fantastic wizard you wrote and I have already use it on one Wii. It's pretty amazing how thorough you have been with it. Thanks very much for it.

I have one question referring to this post you made below....

I completely agree that the USB Loader is definitely the way to go, however, I modded my Wii a long time ago and have been running discs for a long time. I used SoftMii originally, a year or so ago, and that was after I had modded it prior to that using a really bad manual software mod with instructions that used the Twilight Hack back when that made it on the scene.

So my problem is I have a pretty major library of discs that are perfectly fine, many of which I dumped the ISO files for and am not really wanting to go download them all again, so I would like to run the discs which I have a lot of time and effort put into already...
You mention the DarkCorp(?) mod and I suppose that's the one I have because I believe that SoftMii used that one so that burned discs showed up in the main channel just like retail discs. I would like to retain that kind of feature for ease of use for other people's Wiis as well as my own... so no one has to go load a special channel like Neogamma to load a burned disc versus a retail one.

Do you have advice or instructions on how to do that? I was hoping it would be in the wizard, but I know your focus was the USB Loader and it works great... but I sure would like the best of both options!
smile.gif

Thanks in advance, and once again, I really appreciate your efforts.
Anakinnnn

XFlak said:
you're referring to darkcorp, and no, ModMii does not support darkcorp. An alternative to darkcorp for backup disc users is NeoGamma, which does not involve replacing ALL the Wii's official IOSs with custom IOSs like darkcorp does, instead it only uses cIOS249. You can even install a forwarder channel, so that you would launch a backup disc exactly the same as you would an original disc, except using the neogamma channel instead of the disc channel.

USB-Loaders are better than any form of disc loading, backup disc loading on a softmodded wii runs @ 3x speed, an original disc runs @ 6x speed, and USB-Loaders run faster than both.

if u just gotta have darkcorp installed, use the darkcorp installer. If you already have darkcorp installed, and want to use ModMii but don't want it to overwrite/uninstall darkcorp, configure ModMii's options to disable updating active IOSs prior to running the ModMii wizard.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Anakinnnn said:
Hi XFlak!
This is a fantastic wizard you wrote and I have already use it on one Wii. It's pretty amazing how thorough you have been with it. Thanks very much for it.

I have one question referring to this post you made below....

I completely agree that the USB Loader is definitely the way to go, however, I modded my Wii a long time ago and have been running discs for a long time. I used SoftMii originally, a year or so ago, and that was after I had modded it prior to that using a really bad manual software mod with instructions that used the Twilight Hack back when that made it on the scene.

So my problem is I have a pretty major library of discs that are perfectly fine, many of which I dumped the ISO files for and am not really wanting to go download them all again, so I would like to run the discs which I have a lot of time and effort put into already...
You mention the DarkCorp(?) mod and I suppose that's the one I have because I believe that SoftMii used that one so that burned discs showed up in the main channel just like retail discs. I would like to retain that kind of feature for ease of use for other people's Wiis as well as my own... so no one has to go load a special channel like Neogamma to load a burned disc versus a retail one.

Do you have advice or instructions on how to do that? I was hoping it would be in the wizard, but I know your focus was the USB Loader and it works great... but I sure would like the best of both options!
smile.gif

Thanks in advance, and once again, I really appreciate your efforts.
Anakinnnn

XFlak said:
you're referring to darkcorp, and no, ModMii does not support darkcorp. An alternative to darkcorp for backup disc users is NeoGamma, which does not involve replacing ALL the Wii's official IOSs with custom IOSs like darkcorp does, instead it only uses cIOS249. You can even install a forwarder channel, so that you would launch a backup disc exactly the same as you would an original disc, except using the neogamma channel instead of the disc channel.

USB-Loaders are better than any form of disc loading, backup disc loading on a softmodded wii runs @ 3x speed, an original disc runs @ 6x speed, and USB-Loaders run faster than both.

if u just gotta have darkcorp installed, use the darkcorp installer. If you already have darkcorp installed, and want to use ModMii but don't want it to overwrite/uninstall darkcorp, configure ModMii's options to disable updating active IOSs prior to running the ModMii wizard.

No, you are not using DarkCorp, you are using cIOSCORP. Just go to Modmii and re-hack your Wii. There is no reason to use a disc anymore.

Anakinnnn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fishaman P said:
No, you are not using DarkCorp, you are using cIOSCORP. Just go to Modmii and re-hack your Wii. There is no reason to use a disc anymore.

Hi, thanks for your response, but you may have missed the point of my post... I have a huge disc library and I want to continue using those... I will use the USB loader as well and I appreciate this MOD allowing for that... but I want to be able to have some instructions for allowing the main disc channel to still load back up discs.

So that's my reason to still use a disc.
Thanks
Anakinnnn

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you just need to patch the IOS that the game runs on. an example would be a game running on IOS56 if you want to play a backup of your games you need to have IOS56 patched. a simple google search can tell you which ios games run off but if im not mistaken IOS36/38/56/57 should all be enough there may be more, this is just a basic rundown. you can grab dop-mii and patched these ios
smile.gif
also avoid the wiibrew edition ok
smile.gif

Reboot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not just rip the discs to usb? Or as said, just use a forwarder channel to load them through neo? It would be the exact same as the disc channel, just in a different spot. There is no real reason to need loading through the disc channel with all the other options available now a days IMO.

On a happier note, I just used this awsome program to rehack (update) my old softmod. It was soo easy. Its still good to know what everything is by reading a guide, but for some one who knows about softmods, this tool makes life a lot simpler!

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi I need help !
I installed all the ios that the program said and now my wii does not read SDHC and USB flash drives

Heres the guide that the program send me.

http://www.mediafire.com/?gxbhl3gz3y3p3dz

p.s. my wii was previously hacked but when i installed the wads it just dont read the sdhc so that i can restore the nand

iNuKe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BEAST guide, really extrodinary job XFlak very informative and such an easy to use app.. your wondering why you didn't make us pay for it
biggrin.gif

One question though I might add, I have 4.3U if I choose 4.2U is it a high chance I could brick my virgin wii?

iNuKe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dicamarques said:
Hi I need help !
I installed all the ios that the program said and now my wii does not read SDHC and USB flash drives

Heres the guide that the program send me.

http://www.mediafire.com/?gxbhl3gz3y3p3dz

p.s. my wii was previously hacked but when i installed the wads it just dont read the sdhc so that i can restore the nand

Sorry but, SDHC cards DO NOT read the data, it has to be a regular any brand SD card anything but NO MORE THEN 2 GB

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/5fQHvL6iO5k?si=1qrkapNMcghUj07-