Matrix21

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Many, many thanks for this.

Recently updated my 3.2e wii to 4.2e without a problem. The process was so much easier than before and the guide was pretty much flawless.

The only issue I have now is I have to go into HBC and launch gecko or neogamma every time I want to play game now, rather than launching from the disk channel. Any ideas, anyone?

Thanks again.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Install a neogamma forwarder channel, you can find a bunch of my channels here: http://tinyurl.com/topchannels
at the bottom of that page, there are also links to many other ppl's channels so you have many to choose from

But instead of running games from disc, I recommend u get a hard drive and use a usb-loader instead.

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I guess you had cioscorp/darkcorp before.
ModMii has updated (overwritten) all your ios, that's why you can't no more launch backup from the disk channel.

EDIT:
Ops.. you beat me for a bunch of seconds
happy.gif

Alexminator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Hello, i need ur help...im a cuban guy 4 that reason i don't have access to google code its forbiden 4 me. How i can install Modwii. I download the installer using some tricks but the instalers access again to google code n don't install nothing..anybody can help me.. thanx 4 ur time...im sorry 4 my english
there is another way to install??
alex out

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I could upload it elsewhere, but ModMii itself downloads a lot of files from google code. So if u can't access google code, then u are definitely going to experience some errors when using ModMii.

If you still want me to mirror the latest version of ModMii for you, I can do that (heck I can even email it to u if u want). But there are going to be some files that u specifically will not be able to download using modmii (ie. Priiloader 236, IOS236 Installer v5 Mod, etc.), and u will need to search for mirrors of those downloads and manually copy it to your SD card. But u will still be able to get most of the files u need, as well as have ModMii build a custom guide for u to follow.

For u, it may be simpler to just use the other stickied guide by xzxero. His guide shares all those files in one megaupload link. While it's not 100% legal, I'm sure u don't give a sh*t and it definitely works.

broads

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
goes ok for me until i go to install priiloader and get this error

ESidentify failed.error 4294966279, ios61 not patched wwith ES_DIVerify

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
@ Flak - nope sorry only 'links' I have are what I found using Google

EDIT: Links removed due to XFlak informing me that the links were 'illegal' (see post below) - I didn't know that....Thanks XFlak

Oh BTW I was calling it 'DarkWii Blue' because of the 'blue' lines in it (where the one in ModMii has 'red' lines).. just to differenciate the difference between the two
I did happen to know it is known as just 'DarkWii'

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
while he should eventually reinstall the HBC to IOS58, its not the cause of the problem

Are you using Priiloader (236) which was added to ModMii recently? If so, then you don't have IOS236 installed and u should repeat that step of the guide before continuing.

If you are using an older version of ModMii, you will first need to launch MMM, reload to IOS236, then launch the priiloader installer from MMM's app manager. If IOS236 is not an option for u to reload to, then its not installed, and again u should repeat that step of the guide.

So basically, either you are skipping steps, or a previous step failed and u didn't notice.

edit:
@CannonFoddr,

Firstly, thats the darkwii theme, not the darkwii blue theme.
Secondly, you linked to a 4.2E csm file, unlike a mym file, I can't use the 4.2E csm file to build themes for other firmwares/regions (not to mention that you can't share csm's like that directly since they contain ninty code, so u may want to remove that link before a mod does it for u).

I appreciate the thought though, but unfortunately it doesn't help me.
Thanks anyways!

broads

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Porobu said:
INSTALL IOS 58 and reinstall HBC
done that and now ios 58 not patched wwith ES_DIVerify

@XFlak downloaded modmii yesterday and got files from it earlier

i have tried Method A: Using IOS236 Installer

and Method B: Using Simple IOS Patcher

broads

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the priiloader i got with using modmmi just reboots the wii when i try to install,so i downloaded v0_4 and replaced files and i gewt the above errors

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
its probably rebooting the Wii because its trying to reload IOS236 then start the priiloader installer, but since it seems you don't have IOS236 installed, its just rebooting the Wii. In my experience, if IOS236 isn't installed, the Wii doesn't reboot, but instead starts the installer under the currently loaded IOS instead of reloading to IOS236.... so the fact that its rebooting the Wii sounds a little weird to me.

You should put the Priiloader 236 Mod back onto your sd card, otherwise it won't load using IOS236. And u should make sure u install IOS236 before proceeding.

broads

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i put preloader 236 back on the card,,IOS236 Installer completetes ok so then i try mmm and go to i ios manager and chooses 236 which is yellow then i press home to load ios so it must be there ?

also notice if i press home in homebrew channell it say ios58 v24.32

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
If you put the Priiloader 236 files back on the card, u don't need to reload 236 using MMM. Just make sure all the files are exactly how ModMii built it, then launch Priiloader 236 from the HBC.

FYI, inside the SD:\apps\priiloader236 folder (or w/e its called), there should be a boot.dol and a boot1.dol

broads

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
inside the folder is as u say

boot.dol
boot1.dol
icon
meta
now when i click on priiloader 236 the wii goes to the normal channels menu

broads

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
put the syscheck app on aswell and it says for ios236(rev 65535):trucha bug.es identift,nand access

EDIT

tryed a 16mb sd card just for that app and it installed

was using a 16 gbsdhc card that may of been the problem as i read somewhere to use sd card but not done a wii for a few years

sorry for being a pain in the ass peeps
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo