• Total voters

wootbeers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
its a forwarder channel, follow the usb-loader set-up guide if u want the forwarder channel to actually take u to a usb-loader

I can't find the setup guide tho, in the NUS txt guide it says: "For playing your backups off a USB hard drive, run the USB-Loader Setup feature from NUS Auto Downloader's Main Menu" which doesn't make much sense to me.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
from here, type "USB" without any quotes

nqeatg.jpg

wootbeers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I didn't realize it was referring to that, I was thinking something completely different, thanks...oh and how can I play DVDs? I installed DVDx when I installed the homebrew channel but i popped in a DVD and it didn't play...

Isn't USB loader GX the newest version? Why not have people install that one instead?

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi, don't know if a solution already has been posted, but after I type I Agree, NUSAD shut down, and a NUSAutoUpdate.bat flie with the follow text in it is generated:

CODE High security alert!!!

You are not permitted to download the file "NUSAutoUpdate.bat".

URL = http://yawmm.googlecode.com/files/NUSAutoUpdate.bat

What gives ??
smile.gif

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wootbeers said:
Oh I didn't realize it was referring to that, I was thinking something completely different, thanks...oh and how can I play DVDs? I installed DVDx when I installed the homebrew channel but i popped in a DVD and it didn't play...

Isn't USB loader GX the newest version? Why not have people install that one instead?
configurable usb loader and usb loader gx are completely separate programs.
and to play DVD movies you need a media player. WiiMC works great.

hetfield

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
XFlak said:
its a forwarder channel, follow the usb-loader set-up guide if u want the forwarder channel to actually take u to a usb-loader

Great forwarder channel.
Just 1 question about it.

Can i prioritize which folder it will look first?
if not, in what order does it look now?

i.e. i use both cfg loaders 222 and 249 (for testing and stuf)
To use them both i have 2 forwarder channels, 1 to sd, 1 to usb.
cfg249 is on sd, and cfg222 on usb.

That way i can choose which one to start.
Your forwarder always starts the sd first, would be nice to build in a little selection menu, so we need only 1 forwarder channel.

secondly, i used your channel also to start sneek bootmii ios, but to have it used for 3 things is not very conveniant.
So i made a forwarder for sneek myself, that forwards to bootmii (boot.dol)
http://www.mediafire.com/?l54w9t6mahowdld

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
WalkerOfTheDay said:
Hi, don't know if a solution already has been posted, but after I type I Agree, NUSAD shut down, and a NUSAutoUpdate.bat flie with the follow text in it is generated:

CODE High security alert!!!

You are not permitted to download the file "NUSAutoUpdate.bat".

URL = http://yawmm.googlecode.com/files/NUSAutoUpdate.bat

What gives ??
smile.gif
Sounds like your firewall, or ISP, is blocking u from checking for updates (probably just stops u because its downloading a batch file, which, if written by someone untrustworthy, could be malicious (but I would never do such a thing!)). I can probably fix this issue in the future by having it download the batch update file as a text file, then rename it to *.bat. That's something I will test/consider for v4.1.9.

In the meantime, to stop the autoupdate check (thus allowing u to actually use the program). Copy and paste the following text, and save it in a file called "settings.bat" and save it in the same folder as NUS Auto Downloader.exe
Code:
::NUS Auto Downloader Settings 
Set Option1=off
Set OPTION36=off
Set Drive=COPY_TO_SD
Set DriveU=COPY_TO_USB
Set SAVEZIP=off
Set ACTIVEIOS=on
Set AUTOUPDATE=OFF

bwillb said:
QUOTE(wootbeers @ Jul 25 2010, 09:34 PM) Oh I didn't realize it was referring to that, I was thinking something completely different, thanks...oh and how can I play DVDs? I installed DVDx when I installed the homebrew channel but i popped in a DVD and it didn't play...

configurable usb loader and usb loader gx are completely separate programs.
and to play DVD movies you need a media player. WiiMC works great.
FYI, not all wii's can play DVDs, if u have a D3-2 dvd drive (found in new wii's), u will only be able to use your dvd reader to read original wii discs, and nothing else. But as already stated, u would need an app like WiiMC to do so. Google for it.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
hetfield said:
XFlak said:
its a forwarder channel, follow the usb-loader set-up guide if u want the forwarder channel to actually take u to a usb-loaderGreat forwarder channel.
Just 1 question about it.

Can i prioritize which folder it will look first?
if not, in what order does it look now?
you would have to build your own forwarder channel for that. If you check out my "XFlak's Top Channels" thread, u will find a lot of my channel. And if you scroll to the bottom, u will find links to MANY other people's threads who also have awesome channels (like pepxl, wilsof, etc.)

i.e. i use both cfg loaders 222 and 249 (for testing and stuf)
To use them both i have 2 forwarder channels, 1 to sd, 1 to usb.
cfg249 is on sd, and cfg222 on usb.

That way i can choose which one to start.
Your forwarder always starts the sd first, would be nice to build in a little selection menu, so we need only 1 forwarder channel.
remove the sd card then... TBH, this channel is nice, but the reason why I have people install it, is because it can be used as a backdoor instead of an exploit (ie. if u upate to 4.3 accidentally, u can save MMM's boot.dol where the forwarder channel expects a usbloader's boot.dol, then use the forwarder channel to launch MMM without needing a disc exploit (which doesn't even exist for Jap and Korean Wii's!)

secondly, i used your channel also to start sneek bootmii ios, but to have it used for 3 things is not very conveniant.
So i made a forwarder for sneek myself, that forwards to bootmii (boot.dol)
http://www.mediafire.com/?l54w9t6mahowdld

How the heck are u using my usb-loader channel to launch bootmii as IOS??? Unless you were referring to the HBC, and you realize that the homebrew channel is not MY channel right? And how did u make a forwarder channel that launches bootmii as IOS? To launch bootmii as IOS, all u need to do is start IOS254 (where it's installed) and it sounds like u just pointed it to a bootmii boot.dol... so what you claim to have done doesn't make sense to me. My suggestion, is download and install "bootmii switch" by cwstjdenobs (u may find it in a couple of my threads too). It can easily launch bootmii as IOS, as well as rename the bootmii folder so bootmii @ boot2 users don't always go to the bootmii screen when the Wii boots up.

I realize you may have grabbed the channel without necessarily generating a guide though... but, as stated in the custom generated guides....
NUSAD Custom Guides
* usbloader(s)-(emulators)-IDCL
This is a forwarder channel that will load the first file it finds from the following list:
FAT:/apps/usbloader_cfg/boot.dol
FAT:/apps_emulators/usbloader_cfg/boot.dol
FAT:/apps/usbloader/boot.dol
FAT:/apps_emulators/usbloader/boot.dol
FAT:/apps/usb-loader/boot.dol
FAT:/apps_emulators/usb-loader/boot.dol
FAT:/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol
FAT:/apps_emulators/usbloader_gx/boot.dol
Note: First the SD Card is checked, then your USB Hard Drive (formatted as FAT32).
You should always have at least one forwarder channel installed on your Wii,
that way, in the event of accidental update, you will be able to rehack your Wii
without relying on the Smashstack or Indiana Pwns exploits.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@wootbeers, I feel I have been very patient with you, but your pressing your luck. UsbloaderGX has nothing to do with this thread or my program, I don't mind helping u out, but I don't want this thread to get too off-topic.

That being said, all u need to do is download it, save it to your sd card/hdd. And if u want to use the forwarder channel, save the boot.dol under a path used by the forwarder channel.
You can grab usbloadergx from here
http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/downloads/list
or here:
http://usbloadergx.koureio.net/downloads

Shebang

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
XFlak, I have a 4.2U Wii that was softmodded by me last year. It works fine with USB harddisk but can't read disks anymore. Probably I messed with the CIOS, I never really understood what I was doing anyway.

Not that I'd really mind but could I use your tool to update my Wii suchwise that I have softmod AND working dvd drive? I'd rather not jeopardize the device with any further attempts, my kids would get mad at me
wink.gif

Thanks,
shebang

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
What do u mean it doesn't play discs anymore. It wont even play original discs? Or it won't play backup discs?

If it wont play original discs, its possible you have a hardware problem... either that, or you updated to 4.2 improperly and didn't update your active IOSs but only your System menu. If u can't play original discs, use NUSAD, go to the batch download page, and download all the active IOSs, then install them with a wad manager. If u still can't play original discs via your disc channel, it's safe to say you have a hardware problem.

If u can't play backup discs, but u used to be able to, google and download/install darkcorp.

Shebang

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The machine has a wasabi chip installed and it played originals and backups. After the softmod it suddenly appeared that originals can't be played anymore.

So (after the school holidays
wink.gif
) I'll use your tool.

Thank you for the advice!

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
no prob... but I am NOT an expert on HARDMODS, so u may want to check with some1 who knows more on that

Non-hardmodded wii's should be able to play original wii discs as long as they have all the up-to-date active IOSs installed. But your hardmodded wii may also require an update for your specific chip. And not having that update for it, could somehow interfere with how ALL discs are read. This is partially speculation, but seriously, u should talk to someone who knows more about hardmods and/or wasabi chips. But u don't have to worry too much, updating your active IOSs via NUSAD is not something that can brick u, that I know for sure.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Just a general note, hackmii installer v0.7 has been released

when NUSAD attempts to download hackmii v0.6, it is actually downloading v0.7, it will say it failed the check, but its really okay

I'll be working on an update for NUSAD, but in the meantime, the current guides will have to suffice (only the guides on modding 4.3 wii's will change substantially-- to install bootmii and the HBC before doing much of anything else)

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
XFlak said:
Just a general note, hackmii installer v0.7 has been released

when NUSAD attempts to download hackmii v0.6, it is actually downloading v0.7, it will say it failed the check, but its really okay

I'll be working on an update for NUSAD, but in the meantime, the current guides will have to suffice (only the guides on modding 4.3 wii's will change substantially-- to install bootmii and the HBC before doing much of anything else)
So if HackMii is the only "bad file", it's okay? No need to re-download?

Oh also, which files are okay / not okay to delete on the SD card after all modding is complete?

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
the only things u can't redownload that you MUST save is your bootmii folder and nand.bin and keys.bin

but you may want to save your apps folder, or pc apps that come with the usb-loader set-up guide (ie. wiibackupmanager, fat32formatter)

rename the private folder if u ever need to use an exploit again, but u shouldn't need them, as u have HBC + forwarder channels installed

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this app makes me wish i still had a wii. you're doing a great service XFlak, and your avatar truly represents what nintendo must feel shortly after they release a system menu update
wink.gif

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
XFlak said:
the only things u can't redownload that you MUST save is your bootmii folder and nand.bin and keys.bin

but you may want to save your apps folder, or pc apps that come with the usb-loader set-up guide (ie. wiibackupmanager, fat32formatter)

rename the private folder if u ever need to use an exploit again, but u shouldn't need them, as u have HBC + forwarder channels installed
I can delete all the WAD files after the mod procedure correct? The ones in SD root AND the \WAD folder?

And what's the 00000001 folder? o.o

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, It only shows that if you do 'View Source', right below that it'll tell you the SQL response query. I feel like a nerd lol.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But for everyone, it said unexpected database error.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just said database error for me
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, she said it only said "too many connections" when you view the source
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    btw gonna try to actually beat touhou 6
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Have fun.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i recall playing some hard undertale fangames way before playing touhou, like the genocide asgore fangame or the mettaton neo 2.0 one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    so atleast im already kinda used to bullet hell games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and yea i played both undertale and deltarune too although those are a piece of cake compared to any touhou game
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aaaaaaannnnnnd i already lost all my continues
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I only set three default lives btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz of score
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i think i first should focus more on beating the game rather than obtaining a high score
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    -deleted-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stop ctrl cing me
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, here ctrl-Z
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ctrl u 2 u
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, that turned my tv channel, you got powers
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The fbi will be knocking on your door soon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    They all went mad after looking at my browser history
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Why, cause beastiality is not legal in Florida yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, they rewrote the constitution when they saw your browser history
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @Psionic Roshambo, they rewrote the constitution when they saw your browser history