OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@Robbert777,
if u selected that ur wii is a virgin (whether it is, or u are remodding), u will be asked to restore the trucha bug using TBRv1.13 if u are on 4.3, and MMM if u are not

edit: it could be a bad rip, have u tested it on another wii to confirm whether the the wii is the problem vs. the external hard drive? Or just make another rip and try again.

@wootbeers,
u have to return to that step that failed and u skipped, make sure u installed IOS41 properly, then make sure u downgraded IOS15 using TBRv1.13 correctly, then make sure u install cIOS236 using MMM correctly, then after that, u can reload to IOS236 in MMM and install those wads and they will succeed

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
make sure u have IOS236 selected when installing those other wads

if u do, and its still failing, reinstall the cIOS236 by reloading to IOS15 in MMM, then go to IOS Manager, hit one, then select to install 36, then select to install to slot 236, then set version to 65535, and say yes to all patches. If that fails, then u need to repeat the downgrading IOS15 step

then reload to IOS236 and retry installing the wads

wootbeers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
make sure u have IOS236 selected when installing those other wads

if u do, and its still failing, reinstall the cIOS236 by reloading to IOS15 in MMM, then go to IOS Manager, hit one, then select to install 36, then select to install to slot 236, then set version to 65535, and say yes to all patches. If that fails, then u need to repeat the downgrading IOS15 step

then reload to IOS236 and retry installing the wads
It didn't work...is there a way I can just start all over?

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
this IS starting over (unless u want to go back to the very first step and reinstall IOS41, thats okay too, but u said that was successful)

more information on what and where u are getting problems would be very helpful (common, try to make it easy for me to help u!)

wootbeers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
this IS starting over (unless u want to go back to the very first step and reinstall IOS41, thats okay too, but u said that was successful)

more information on what and where u are getting problems would be very helpful (common, try to make it easy for me to help u!)

Oh, I just wasn't sure if it was OK to redo steps... I'm not positive what you mean by this "reinstall the cIOS236 by reloading to IOS15 in MMM"

EDIT: nvm

wootbeers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK so I've got some good news and bad news...good news is that the system menu is now 4.2u and I was able to get it working by starting all over but now I've ran into a big problem... I'm on step 6 now---

"6) INSTALLING THE HOMEBREW CHANNEL (HBC), BOOTMII AND DVDX

Load MMM again, (repeat Step 1)
Select 'APP Manager' -Press A
Select HackMii_Installer -Press A

This runs the Hackmii Installer which you should now use to install the Homebrew Channel (HBC), DVDX [optional], and Bootmii as IOS and boot2 if possible.

Note: If you get a 'no vulnerable IOS' error message, run NUS Auto Downloader again and this time select the 'Hackmii Solutions' option instead of 'Download Wizard' and follow the new instructions before continuing this guide.

After you exit the hackmii installer, you will be taken to the HBC."

So I loaded MMM again and whatever then selected the hackmii installer then it listed that HBC DVDX and bootmii can be installed but then my next option was exit so I clicked that and it brought me to the wii menu and there was also a channel with USB loader...but it was supposed to direct me to the HBC but I actually dont think I installed it, but now the bad thing is it's required to update in order to play SSBB...so now how am I gonna access MMM?

chinmi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
wootbeers said:
OK so I've got some good news and bad news...good news is that the system menu is now 4.2u and I was able to get it working by starting all over but now I've ran into a big problem... I'm on step 6 now---

"6) INSTALLING THE HOMEBREW CHANNEL (HBC), BOOTMII AND DVDX

Load MMM again, (repeat Step 1)
Select 'APP Manager' -Press A
Select HackMii_Installer -Press A

This runs the Hackmii Installer which you should now use to install the Homebrew Channel (HBC), DVDX [optional], and Bootmii as IOS and boot2 if possible.

Note: If you get a 'no vulnerable IOS' error message, run NUS Auto Downloader again and this time select the 'Hackmii Solutions' option instead of 'Download Wizard' and follow the new instructions before continuing this guide.

After you exit the hackmii installer, you will be taken to the HBC."

So I loaded MMM again and whatever then selected the hackmii installer then it listed that HBC DVDX and bootmii can be installed but then my next option was exit so I clicked that and it brought me to the wii menu and there was also a channel with USB loader...but it was supposed to direct me to the HBC but I actually dont think I installed it, but now the bad thing is it's required to update in order to play SSBB...so now how am I gonna access MMM?
well, since you're on 4.2 now, you can access MMM thru HBC again, if u haven't installed hbc channel yet, then you can use bannerbomb to gain access to hackmii and use hackmii to install hbc, and use hbc to access mmm again.

wootbeers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should bannerbomb be placed in the root along with the current files used for this tutorial??? Or is what I've used not needed anymore?

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
it is simpler just to use the same process u used before to access the hackmii installer, u made it there once, u can make it there again without having to make any changes to the files on ur sd card

if u want to access the hackmii installer via bannerbomb v2, u can just download it via nusad's batch download page and add it to the files u have on your sd card, then replace the boot.elf (loadmii) on the root of ur sd card with the boot.elf saved @ SD:\apps\hackmii_installer\boot.elf

then launch BB2 via the sd card button from the main system menu, and it will launch the hackmii installer

Robbert777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@ XFlak

I don't think its the fault of the backup. Some other people said in another tread I made that the problem might be that I'm running IOS36. They say that I have to change to IOS60 or 70. What do you think about that?

wootbeers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
it is simpler just to use the same process u used before to access the hackmii installer, u made it there once, u can make it there again without having to make any changes to the files on ur sd card
But how can I access it when it requires for me to do a system update?

chinmi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
wootbeers said:
XFlak said:
But how can I access it when it requires for me to do a system update?
you don't access the hackmii using ssbb again in 4.2u
eject the ssbb
make sure the drive is empty
get bannerbomb v2 from nusad
put it in memory card
turn on wii
insert memory card
in the main menu, click the little sd card icon near the system settings icon (it's in the lower left corner of the screen)
wait patiently
wait
wait
wait
and hackmii will load
install hbc
exit hackmii
done
no need ssbb anymore right ? so the "system update" problem to run the game is doesn't matter to install hbc now, because u don't need the game exploit to get to hackmii, in 4.2 we can use bannerbomb v2 to do it

wootbeers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys, I'm making a NAND backup and everything seems to be working good...BTW, am I supposed to keep the SD in there for good???

EDIT: I've ran into another problem...I'm unable to install priiloader,

"ES_Identify failed, error 4294966279. iso not patched with ES_DIVerify? using cios (holding b and then pressing + or - ) will probably solve this. NOTE: you need CIOS for this."

When I hold B and press +/- it aborts.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
wootbeers said:
Thanks guys, I'm making a NAND backup and everything seems to be working good...BTW, am I supposed to keep the SD in there for good???

EDIT: I've ran into another problem...I'm unable to install priiloader,

"ES_Identify failed, error 4294966279. iso not patched with ES_DIVerify? using cios (holding b and then pressing + or - ) will probably solve this. NOTE: you need CIOS for this."

When I hold B and press +/- it aborts.reinstall cIOS249, then retry installing it by holding B then pressing +. If it doesn't work, use MMM to install a patched IOS36 to slot36, then retry by just pressing +

homebrew apps, like usb-loaders, are either saved on ur sd card or a fat32 HDD, so depending on your set-up, u may or may not need the SD card in there all the time too access your apps

QUOTE(Robbert777 @ Jul 25 2010, 12:53 PM) @ XFlak

I don't think its the fault of the backup. Some other people said in another tread I made that the problem might be that I'm running IOS36. They say that I have to change to IOS60 or 70. What do you think about that?
Either those people are morons, or u misunderstood them

when u run a backup via a usb-loader, u are using a single cIOS to do the work (none of which are 36, 60, or 70... so obviously those IOSs can't be your problem)

wootbeers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I re-install cIOS249???

Is it under wad manager? I think I found it but the install wasn't successful.

EDIT: I don't know if this makes a difference but I removed bootmii, key, and nand just like the tutorial told me. I did back it up, tho.

marcogba

Trophies
XP
Country
@ XFlak (or another experienced user who knows)

I've just been through your wizard to get the files and guide to mod 4.3e to 4.1e
Your wizard recommends a downgrade to 4.2 but all the info I've read so far says 4.1 is the ideal version with nothing to gain from going to 4.2 - could you explain your recommendation please?

Many thanks

Marco

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
marcogba said:
@ XFlak (or another experienced user who knows)

I've just been through your wizard to get the files and guide to mod 4.3e to 4.1e
Your wizard recommends a downgrade to 4.2 but all the info I've read so far says 4.1 is the ideal version with nothing to gain from going to 4.2 - could you explain your recommendation please?

Many thanks

Marconothing is gained by 4.2, but nothing is lost either. 4.2 deletes the old HBC, 4.1 doesn't. But since neither deletes the new HBC, and people following my guides will only install the new HBC, I figure may as well update to the higher SM version since 4.1 and 4.2 are equivalent in terms of 'softmodability'.QUOTE(wootbeers @ Jul 26 2010, 04:25 AM) How do I re-install cIOS249???

Is it under wad manager? I think I found it but the install wasn't successful.

EDIT: I don't know if this makes a difference but I removed bootmii, key, and nand just like the tutorial told me. I did back it up, tho.
what IOS did u select to install it? U have to reload the IOS to 236 before attempting to install it (as the guide says), I'm guessing u didn't, and u tried installing it using IOS57, which is not fakesigned and would fail as u described

the bootmii files are not required for anything other than accessing bootmii and/or doing a nand restore

wootbeers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DUDE, YOU'RE MY FREAKIN HERO, IT WORKED! Thanks you have no idea how happy I am right now lol

I can't get USB loader to load right, once I click start it brings back the wii menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 2MBs is all you need it's fine lol