• No, and I won't report what went wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 63 6.2%
  • No, and I posted what went wrong

Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 180466

XFlak said:
news channel uses IOS31, so try updating that also... the version in NUSAD should still work fine, if not, try updating to the most recent version (post-4.3 update)

NUSAD doesn't even download the nintendo channel, so plz post that Q in an appropriate thread

can u tell me what version of IOS61 u have installed, and whether your HBC is working properly and installed under IOS61?

Maybe a bit late to say this now, but I have IOS61 (rev 5405) and the Homebrew Channel works with IOS61 v21.29.

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Keep geting the 34 errors crap
frown.gif

i tried redownloading the everything and MS .NET 3.0 3.5 4.0 etc etc and nothing is bloody working :@

Anyone any clue how to easily fix this?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
NUS Auto Downloader for Windows
Version 4.1.5 RELEASED

• Added "USB-Loader Setup" Feature, which will generate a custom guide and download all the files needed to set-up your hard-drive, customize your usb-loader (configurable USB-Loader) and manage games (using Wii Backup Manager). Based on your answers, it will add some custom lines to the config.txt file used by configurable USB-Loader.
  • Added 'on-the-fly error reduction technology'. Files are verified after they are downloaded, if files are missing or fail MD5 Hash checks, the file will be deleted (if applicable) and Re-Downloaded. Existing files are now only Skipped if they are successfully verified, otherwise, they too will be deleted and Re-Downloaded. Note, that each file will only attempt to be downloaded 2 times, if it fails MD5 hash checks twice, it will move on to the next file in the cue (this is to prevent never ending loops in the event of real changes to the hosted files).
  • Files that used to be hosted on myfail.net (ie. Priiloader hacks.ini) are now hosted elsewhere. This will solve the 'Priiloader Hacks Missing' problem.
  • Updated MD5 hash database (since many files changed after the 4.3 update), this will stop false-positive errors from occurring.
  • Updated diff files for cIOS creation (this was necessary since the base wads changed on NUS servers)
  • fvc is now used instead of sfk to verify downloads (sfk was not listing errors when NUSAD is in exe form)
  • On the Verify/Download Log page, the window size will increase automatically to fit all the text (removed the +/- options to increase and decrease window size). Also on this page, added an option to ®epeat Download (this is useful to fix any errors that may have occurred in the download).
  • When changing the Drive Letter, to Continue using Current Settings, leave the selection blank and type enter (instead of old method of having to type 'C')
  • Replaced lines consisting only of a single period '.' with a real blank line in the Custom Generated Guides.
  • Renamed "Support" Folder to "modules" (modules folder required for fvc.exe to work properly, so rather than having both Support and modules folders, I just chose one)
  • Added/Updated the following files to the Download Database:
    • Wii Backup Manager v0.3.5 beta1
    • FAT32 GUI Formatter
    • Configurable USB Loader (Most recent 249 version)
    • Configurable USB Loader (Most recent 222 version)
    • 'USB-Loader' Folder (Most recent version for Configurable USB-Loader)
    • Configurator for Configurable USB-Loader (Most recent version)
    • Shop Channel's updated to version 19 (latest version)
    • IOS58v6175 (this was not available on NUS prior to the 4.3 update)
    • IOS61v5661 (IOS61 updated to latest version - required to use shop channel)
    • IOS70v6913(IOS70v6687 Patched) (changed the version number to be 1 greater than IOS70 Stub IOS so that it will survive official updates)
    • IOS80 (4.3 SM IOS)
    • IOS80 patched (4.3 patched SM IOS)
    • IOS80v54321(IOS60Patched) (4.3 patched SM IOS that will protect Region Changed formerly Korean Wii's from 003 errors in the event of an official update)
    • STUB IOS70 (normal IOS70 still available for download, both patched and non-fakesigned)
    • STUB IOS254 updated from version 260 to version 65280
  • Other minor changes.
Special thanks goes out to all those who've helped me on this project! Specifically I want to single out the following awesome people...
  • DeadlyFoez (even though he's banned, he's still the other half of 'team your mom'... @ gbatemp mods, if Foez ever tries to return to gbatemp, plz cut him some slack so he doesn't feel the need to leave gbatemp again, the true gbatempers love hearing what he has to say, whether its constructive or not, its always factual and either helpful or entertaining... usually both, lol)
  • cwstjdenobs (thx for all your continued support man, u r awesome!)
  • Leathl (sooooo many of my supporting cmd line apps u either made yourself or are based on libwiisharp, seriously, NUSAD would not be able to do half of the stuff it can if not for your work)
  • GiantPune & DaMysteryMan (without you guys, I'd still be trying to figure out how to legally recreate cIOSs, thx!)
  • All the other Wii legends out there, like Team Twiizers (especially Bushing), Waninkoko, Hermes, WiiPower, Oggzee, etc. (more are mentioned in the official credits
    biggrin.gif
    )
@ everyone, as always, feedback/constructive criticism on v4.1.5 is more than welcome and even encouraged!

L05t

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok I can verify that I downloaded the the new 4.1.5 and did the wizard. I got 1 error but pushed continue and it finished downloading all the files and at the end said no errors. I then read up alittle and saw someone saying .net v4 being out. I did a windows update and .net framework for windows 7 is at v3.5. So I then googled V4.0 and downloaded it for my comp from M$ of course.

After I installed .net v4 I redid the same Nusad download as before and NO ERRORS. (36 of 36 files Downloaded)yea. Good job.

Now I had a minute to look at my kids wii yesterday and yes priiloader is installed. I tried to set some hacks and it said no hacks could be found. (Will try again today with the new SD card downloaded.)

I also looked at my isos with Dop-Mii v12 and it said that my 249 is v19 and it said below it, that it was a stub. (Im going to deleate that 249 and reinstall all your WADS again.)

I'm hoping that is the problem. Will let you know.

Thx again.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
L05t said:
Ok I can verify that I downloaded the the new 4.1.5 and did the wizard. I got 1 error but pushed continue and it finished downloading all the files and at the end said no errors.

This is because NUSAD performs little checks DURING each download to verify each download, after u got that error (probably from NUSD.exe) and clicked continue, it would've failed the check, and be redownloaded

I then read up alittle and saw someone saying .net v4 being out. I did a windows update and .net framework for windows 7 is at v3.5. So I then googled V4.0 and downloaded it for my comp from M$ of course.

.NET Framework v3.5 is required, NOT v4.0 (u can have both and it will work, but v4.0 alone will not work)

After I installed .net v4 I redid the same Nusad download as before and NO ERRORS. (36 of 36 files Downloaded)yea. Good job.

Now I had a minute to look at my kids wii yesterday and yes priiloader is installed. I tried to set some hacks and it said no hacks could be found. (Will try again today with the new SD card downloaded.)

Yeah, within the past month or so, versions prior to v4.1.5 could not download Priiloader hacks.ini, so just try with the new sd card and it should work fine
biggrin.gif

I also looked at my isos with Dop-Mii v12 and it said that my 249 is v19 and it said below it, that it was a stub. (Im going to deleate that 249 and reinstall all your WADS again.)

If it says v19, then it's fine, dop-mii is just telling u that slot 249 is commonly used for piracy, and has been officially stubbed by nintendo. But if it were stubbed, it would say v65280, not v19. Also, using a version patched IOS36 or cIOS249, u can overwrite IOSs with lower versions without having to first delete that IOS

I'm hoping that is the problem. Will let you know.

What problem exactly?

Thx again.

Fox888

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey!! Congrats about the sticky thing.
hrth.gif
toot.gif

I love the new addons, brilliant work!!!

Looking forward to the Gui NUS Auto Downloader..????
rolleyes.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Can't be bothered to go through ALL the pages but quick question

some background first....

I've managed to softmod my Wii using http://www.completesoftmodguide.tk/ guide and manage to get the Homebrew channel & Bootmii installed & get it to play DVD's - but I'm getting totally confused over getting USB access (i.e getting a harddrive or USB stick to store games etc) plus getting the games to how up on the Channels screen

(It's all these wad,ios,cios,etc that I get confused over - where to put them, what programs to use etc etc)

Anyway - onto the question

Can I use this to setup the SD card on a Pre-Modded Wii so that I can get access to a USB HDD or flash drive -
& will it have all the necessary programs installed onto it required for me to backup my paid for games (I want to be able to have all my games on the HDD - saving me having to keep chaning disks)

Thanks in advance

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
assuming you have the HBC installed, and cIOS249rev18 or higher installed, u can just run the "usb-loader setup' function, and u will be using a usb-loader in no time

I strongly recommend u run the 'download wizard', just to make sure u have the necessary cIOSs installed

edit: everything is explained in the usb-loader setup guide, it even tells u what cIOSs u need, and that if u are missing them, u should run the NUSAD 'download wizard'

retailmessiah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi XFlak, great work. I'm completely new to softmodding my Wii, and it looks like this worked fantastic. I have the HBC loaded, and I was able to download several emulators, etc. I've been Googling on and off for the last day, and I can't seem to figure out the only side effect of installing these mods. When I insert the MarioKart Wii disc, the system says that I need to update to play this game.

Obviously I don't want to do this and lose any items that are installed. This seems like it is a common issue, but I can't seem to find out what I did wrong. Can you link me to, or advise me on this issue and how I can correct it?

Thanks so much.
-rm

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
QUOTE said:
X) INSTALL PRIILOADER

Run the Priiloader installer from the HBC. On the main menu screen, press + to install Priiloader.
(if the installation fails, try holding B and press + to install Priiloader using IOS249)
It should now reboot in the Priiloader menu. If it doesn't, power off the wii,
then power it back on and hold reset while it's booting until you see it.

The priiloader menu is white by default, you can change it to black in the settings if you prefer.
If you want, you can install some system menu hacks now (by going to System Menu hacks).

One of the special functions of Priiloader is that it can autoboot any file instead of the system menu. Some apps (like crazyIntro) can't be used without it.
For details on how to do so, visit http://www.completesoftmodguide.tk/system-hacks/priiloader

install the system menu hacks to block updates
biggrin.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
XFlak said:
edit: everything is explained in the usb-loader setup guide, it even tells u what cIOSs u need, and that if u are missing them, u should run the NUSAD 'download wizard'
Thanks for that - as I said I get confused easily with all these cios etc - I did forget to mention though I did use 'Pimp My Wii' program & THAT did a lot of 'stuff' (downloaded/installing etc) - & I wasn't 100% sure exactly what it did (I just let it 'do-its-thing' & kept my fingers crossed I didn't brick the Wii)

Messiahlad

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
For the record. My mod from 3.2 to 4.2 went fairly smoothly. the only thing i had to do was install a different ios38 to get loader GX to recognise the usb hard drive again.( didn't affect uloader tho which worked before the reinstall of 38). This has been a very easy 4.2 update, many thanks.
smile.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
So far so good ... well up to a point
I've had trouble with WiiMC seeing a DVD - until I guessed that NUS must've overwritten ios202, after I reinstalled that - I can now watch DVD's
yay.gif

I've tried 'Homebrew Browser' - but for some reason it crashed 2-3 when it was 'unzipping images' - although it does seem OK now after the 4th attempt to start it

I've now also got 'USBConfigure' as a 'channel' (no more having to go through Homebrew Channel now) - after all the trouble trying to understand what to do, all it was is to use 'Wad Manager' to install a suitable WAD file
facepalmpo2.gif

I'm now copying a DVD to my USB HDD to try out (SSMB to be exact), but just out of curiosity - in USB Configurator - when pressing [+] to backup the game, what does the 'Press 1 button to dump BCA' actually do ??

What is BCA ?? - I've looked @ this thread? but there's no mention of it

& one last question - How do you get the Homebrew to show up as channels ??
What program do I need - I guess it's a WAD or something (like how I got the USB as a channel) but surely there's not a WAD for ALL the homebrew ??

retailmessiah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
QUOTE said:
X) INSTALL PRIILOADER

install the system menu hacks to block updates
biggrin.gif

Wow thanks XFlak. You made me take a deeper look at Priiloader, so now I understand what it does, and what it's there for. Made the changes you suggested, and now were back in business.
smile.gif
Thanks for your work, much appreciated.
smile.gif

-rm

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
CannonFoddr said:
So far so good ... well up to a point
I've had trouble with WiiMC seeing a DVD - until I guessed that NUS must've overwritten ios202, after I reinstalled that - I can now watch DVD's
yay.gif
Odd, the IOS202v5[57] wad made by NUSAD works the same as the one from the official installer. I'm pretty sure WiiMC uses IOS202 for everything (not just watching dvd's but watching any kinds of movies) and I've tested the cIOS202 made by NUSAD... so I'm glad u got it working, but it should have worked from the start unless u initially made a mistake somewhere
CannonFoddr said:
I've tried 'Homebrew Browser' - but for some reason it crashed 2-3 when it was 'unzipping images' - although it does seem OK now after the 4th attempt to start itrandom crashes happen, and i'm pretty sure the homebrew browser doesn't rely on anything else to run properly, so any problem u are having there are due to the homebrew browser, not any mods u've made to the wii
CannonFoddr said:
I've now also got 'USBConfigure' as a 'channel' (no more having to go through Homebrew Channel now) - after all the trouble trying to understand what to do, all it was is to use 'Wad Manager' to install a suitable WAD file
facepalmpo2.gif

I'm now copying a DVD to my USB HDD to try out (SSMB to be exact), but just out of curiosity - in USB Configurator - when pressing [+] to backup the game, what does the 'Press 1 button to dump BCA' actually do ??

What is BCA ?? - I've looked @ this thread? but there's no mention of it
It's new copyright protection ninty first introduced with new super mario bros wii. U will probably never need to dump BCA code unless u want to send it to the CFG USB Loader team to come up with a fix for new copyright on a new gameQUOTE(CannonFoddr @ Jul 10 2010, 02:52 PM)
& one last question - How do you get the Homebrew to show up as channels ??
What program do I need - I guess it's a WAD or something (like how I got the USB as a channel) but surely there's not a WAD for ALL the homebrew ??
Every custom channel is installed by a unique wad (or installer), so yes, there is a wad for each homebrew channel/forwarder. You can make the channels/wads yourself using apps like "customize mii", HERE's a list of the channels I made. At the bottom of that page I link to a lot of other pages that have awesome channels, check them out.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Messiahlad said:
For the record. My mod from 3.2 to 4.2 went fairly smoothly. the only thing i had to do was install a different ios38 to get loader GX to recognise the usb hard drive again.( didn't affect uloader tho which worked before the reinstall of 38). This has been a very easy 4.2 update, many thanks.
smile.gif
I'm assuming u mean cIOS38 (ie. slot 249) not the actual IOS38, as IOS38 isn't used in any usb-loaders

the NUSAD Download wizard will install cIOS249rev19 with base 57 (for faster usb loading), configurable usb loader works fine with it, but usb loader gx can be a little buggy, and u may be using an older version that doesn't support base 57 (base 38 was the historical 'norm')

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: But it does have a hamster... +1