Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

Flinger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 8GB SanDisk Cruzer USB stick. According to the compatibility list it should work, but it probably needs to be WBFS not FAT32. I already ran the ModMii wizard and chose the FAT32 option. Is there a way to get this to work now? When I try to load it up as is it hangs for a split second then I see the light gray Wii squares before it pops up the normal Wii interface. So it is dropping back to the home screen.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Confirm that you have \apps\usbloader_cfg\boot.dol on either the sd card or usb hdd. If you have that saved there and the forwarder channel continues to reload you back to the wii menu then it is likely a compatibility problem. If you need to format the HDD as wbfs to make it work, make sure u have the usbloader app on the sd card then format the HDD as WBFS using WiiBackupManager.

Cheers

d3dcomplx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated my softmods on a 4.2U wii. Everything went very smooth, no errors what-so-ever! This saved me a ton of time, Thank You so very much!

MLRX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@MLRX, are you sure it was copy_to_sd and not copy_to_usb? Have you tried more than once?

I just tryed building a plain 4.2U NAND without the Homebrew Filter Channel or anything extra like the Mii Channel and got a screen I hadn't seen before.
It also opened ShowMiiWads which I hadn't ever done before.
I tryed my original NAND setup and when it got to the part where it should have open ShowMiiWads, ModMii closed.

So you can see the error yourself, here is everything I typed into the program.

i agree
s
sd
d
u
y
y
dml
y
n
(at the part where it asks what channels you want installed)
s
n
n
n
n
y
n
n
(it now asks if you're ready)
y
(it downloads the wads and closes)

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
I havnt followed the whole issue, so Im not 100% sure what the issue actually is but...

I ran ModMii and followed the step of MLRX, and everything went fine. No errors or download failures etc.

MLRX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea at all why it won't work. I've tryed it so many times to get the same outcome.
Could someone maybe zip up the NAND that they made using those settings and post it here please?

Edit: I think peerblock was blocking some downloads intrupting the process, which explains why it works without the extras. It works now. Thank you.

geovalley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@MLRX: what OS are you running for ModMii? Which native language do you use?

@XFlak:

I remembered some time ago, I ran ModMii and it asked me if I want to enter the serial number as an option. It's gone. Found it's removed since 4.7.3. Is there a chance put it back? I think It's really a useful feature.
The reason is that I am using a JPN version Wii. I didn't like it but when we first bought it, it's the only available version Wii. I built a US version nand and ran it perfectly except every time I sync the wiimote between real and emulated, it's painful. It takes a long time (a minute or two or even three) to sync up until I found a way to modify the emulated nand serial number to the same as my physical Wii.
Right! Althought the number started LJHxxxx, there is a USA setting.txt available for me. After use it, no more re-sync any more.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I had a bunch of ppl do extensive testing and they determined that the serial # in the setting.txt is irrelevant to the wiimote sync issue. If you want to build a custom setting.txt just open a cmd window in ModMii's support folder and type settings.exe {serial #}
The reason it wasn't syncing at first is because setting.txt and SYSCONF together are what link the Wii remote.

geovalley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, could it be due to they are using the same region?
I am using different region and very very very very very very very hard to sync up unless using the one generated same serial number. But like you mentioned it worked using settings.exe.
This should be in a low priority changing if you are busy. No hustle :D

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The reason it wasn't syncing at first is because setting.txt and SYSCONF together are what link the Wii remote.
Wiimote information is stored in SYSCONF only. setting.txt is meant to contain static values that are never changed. The wii's serial number is not involved in anything to do with the wiimotes.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Wiimote information is stored in SYSCONF only. setting.txt is meant to contain static values that are never changed. The wii's serial number is not involved in anything to do with the wiimotes.
So all it takes is SYSCONF? I thought it was the combination of the two.

geovalley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any code shows that? Then how to explain the long sync? I think some people said serial number to do with wiimote sync must have a reason or proof!
I don't have the code, but I do have the long sync problem unless using same serial number. Then syncing is just a snap
For what I am thinking, wiimote must have some kind of intelligence. Whenever we see things in Wii, we can only see in Wii system, which is where nand from. We don't see anything in wiimote. If we prove wiimote information stored in SYSCONF, it does not prove wiimote not store Wii serial number. To me, if I were the programmer for wiimote, I'll do this. It sounds like a common sense.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Any code shows that? Then how to explain the long sync? I think some people said serial number to do with wiimote sync must have a reason or proof!
I don't have the code, but I do have the long sync problem unless using same serial number. Then syncing is just a snap.
http://wiibrew.org/w...uetooth_Pairing
Bluetooth pairing must be initiated by the host by sending a "Require Authentication" HCI command to its bluetooth device. The bluetooth device will ask the host for a link key, which must be rejected so it will ask for a PIN-Code. [...] If connecting by holding down the 1+2 buttons, the PIN is the bluetooth address of the wiimote backwards, if connecting by pressing the "sync" button on the back of the wiimote, then the PIN is the bluetooth address of the host backwards.
[...]
If the host successfully bonded with the wiimote and established an HID connection the wiimote will save the bluetooth address of the host and enable single press reconnection.

Common sense is storing the MAC address of the device you want to communicate with, not same randomly assigned id that won't let you directly talk to the system you're looking for.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries