Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

DanglinDave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got everything working, using this wonderful website called google to help me find things that i couldn't find.

except can anyone tell me why HBC loads back up when i try to download covers for configurable usb loader

robjanssen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
DanglinDave said:
got everything working, using this wonderful website called google to help me find things that i couldn't find.

except can anyone tell me why HBC loads back up when i try to download covers for configurable usb loader

Install HB again, and it should work normal!

DanglinDave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
robjanssen said:
DanglinDave said:

well the usb loader comes up just fine but covers dont show when iuse wbm, and inside the program, it just brings me bk to HBC, i'll try to install it again

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
DanglinDave said:
robjanssen said:
DanglinDave said:

well the usb loader comes up just fine but covers dont show when iuse wbm, and inside the program, it just brings me bk to HBC, i'll try to install it again
man is that confusing... k, a usb-loader runs on the Wii, and WBM (Wii Backup Manager) runs on windows... so how is WBM bringing your back to the HBC (which also runs on the Wii)?

The default cover save locations for usb-loaders and WBM are different. If you want to change one or both of the cover save locations u need to change it in the apps settings. For WBM you can just go into option\settings or whatever and have it use the same paths your usb-loader uses. Or, you can run the configurator for configurable usb-loader (saved here: usb:\usb-loader\) and use it to help you change where configurable looks for covers so its the same location as WBM.

Ryoku83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Vacatm said:
Are you going to add LetterBomb exploit to the aplication?
Fishaman P said:
I probably don't need to ask, but Letterbomb support is coming soon, right?
QUOTE(XFlak @ Aug 9 2011, 08:52 PM)
probably not, I think I'm going to wait for pune to release his version. Besides, I'm not sure how to (or if I want to) bypass\automate the "captcha" requirement on the letterbomb website.

I have it on good authority that pune's version will be more ModMii friendly, and user-friendly
That should answer your question Vacatm.

nobody_tw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Hi XFlak,
I have a problem w/ softmod a "special" wii.
It's strange to me. For I have softmoded many wiis w/ your instructions and modmii.
The stitution was the wii can't play games.
Neither load from retail discs nor usb loader (CFG, USBLOADER GX, WiiFLOW)
The error message was "abnormal situation happen check the instructions ..."
something like that. (sorry, translated from japenese)
But WiiMC is functional and work perfectly!!
I have downgrade the version from 4.3J to 4.2J
the situation is the same. I have initialized the wii under 4.3J and 4.2J
I have reinstalled all the IOSs to unpatched version
and 4.2j systemmenu to the original version from NUS.
All of these actions are useless!!

Any idea about this strange situation?
the last thing, I want to update from Internet.
If it does'nt work, Is it a hardware problem or not?
unsure.gif

Thanks!!

Bladethegreat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seem to be having a problem with this. First off, my Wii is 3.1U and has been modded before, but it was a while ago so I figured that now that I just got a Flashdrive to use as a USB launcher I might as well use ModMii to update everything. Well I went through the wizard and such just fine, got everything on the formatted SD Card and Flash drive but then on the first step of the guide when I go to Data Management, Channels, SD Card rather than asking if I want to load boot.dol/elf nothing happens and the SD card just seems to be empty. Any idea what may be wrong here? If I check the card on my laptop the correct files are clearly there.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Make sure you're using an SD Card (not SDHC, Bannerbomb only supports SDHC on System Menu 4.0 or higher)

make sure you have a private folder on the root of the sd card along with a bunch of other folders (apps, wad, etc.). Don't take this the wrong way, but you'd be surprised at how many people copy the entire "copy_to_sd" folder to their sd card (so it looks like SD:\copy_to_sd\ , which is wrong), so just make sure u didn't make that mistake
biggrin.gif

Bladethegreat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The apps and wad folders are there on the root of the SD card but not the Private one. When the wizard asked me where to download the SD card folders to I just used the root of the card (G:/)

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
okay, so it sounds like ModMii failed to download bannerbomb onto your sd card and gave u an error but you missed it. Repeat the ModMii Wizard (don't worry, it will go a lot faster this time because it won't download any of the same files u already downloaded earlier). But this time, make sure that all the downloads on the download log are successful.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ XFlak

the bannerbomb site is down. ModMii won't be able to download bannerbomb unless someone else gets comex's permission to mirror the files.

Bladethegreat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was about to say, the link in the guide to the Bannerbomb site didn't seem to be working. I tried just copying the private folder that was on the SD card previously when I modded and once that was on there it seemed to begin working, should I just go ahead from here by the guide or wait until the site is back up?

carlitos92jose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I downloaded sneek+di and the nand 4.3u from modmii, and it freezes when I press a in the health screen, I downloaded two times and the same problem, I tried with my own nand from bootmi and extrated the files and worked but the nand from modmii have that problem
frown.gif

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I'm sure the bannerbomb site will be back up and running soon\eventually. In the meantime, it's fine to use the exploit u have saved elsewhere and follow the rest of the ModMii guide.

QUOTE said:
and it freezes when I press a in the health screen
It's supposed to take awhile to boot the system menu the first time u load a fresh emunand. It could take anywhere from 5-10 minutes. Also, read ModMii's quick sneek tips, it tells what specific file (cert.sys?? I can't remember right now) might get it working if copied from a nand dump to the clean emunand.

carlitos92jose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
I'm sure the bannerbomb site will be back up and running soon\eventually. In the meantime, it's fine to use the exploit u have saved elsewhere and follow the rest of the ModMii guide.

QUOTE said:
and it freezes when I press a in the health screen
It's supposed to take awhile to boot the system menu the first time u load a fresh emunand. It could take anywhere from 5-10 minutes. Also, read ModMii's quick sneek tips, it tells what specific file (cert.sys?? I can't remember right now) might get it working if copied from a nand dump to the clean emunand.
Its still freezing I wait like 10 minutes and still black screen after the health screen on sneek+di
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PRMX5mX-hvs?si=JdjNrndYJ7PelC7q