Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

lazor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hybrid -x1 said:
because its for noobs, i didn't fucking have something like this when i started modding my stuff
so why the hell should others have this now? make EM work and learn things the old fashion way ^____^
i propose that all wii hacks and exploits be removed from the internet so everyone must start from scratch

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
OncleJulien said:
when i first started in this scene, i had to mod my wii uphill, and in the snow...so if this app was making it too easy for folks, then i'm against it.
lol, don't forget that the walk was in the snow and uphill BOTH WAYS, lol!

But seriously, I bet the same people who are against this app still either use, or recommend others use, xzxero's stickied mod any wii 4.2 and below guide... how is this any different?

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hybrid -x1 said:
because its for noobs, i didn't fucking have something like this when i started modding my stuff
so why the hell should others have this now? make EM work and learn things the old fashion way ^____^

I agree with you to a point, I softmodded back when you still had to downgrade and nubz need to learn about this shit...but I actually think this sort of thing reduces bricks though. NUSD is great but doesn't give quite the warning I think it could when you do some dumb shit like download a stub, wrong sm IOS, etc. It's a lot easier for someone new to fuck up.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Project Re-Opened
and
NUSAD v4.1.2 Released!

Alright, so I got this sorted out faster than I expected.

NUSAD v4.1.2 released, which should be fully compliant with GPL. I will be asking others to double check that it is in compliance, and if turns out it is still not compliant I will be closing the project down again (until I get it right)

4.1.2 Changelog
  • Replaced FSUM with fvc in order to comply with GPL
  • Renamed "Support Folder" to "modules" (modules folder required for fvc.exe to work properly, so rather than having both Support and modules folders, I just chose one)
  • Source code of supporting apps/files now available for download in one convenient bundle
  • Added more people to credits who were previously accidentally overlooked

Fox888

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks! Your the man! Brilliant piece of work
bow.gif

Forgot The Big smile
hrth.gif

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Longest list of credits ever, seems like the oscars
tongue.gif

You best be thanking your mom and pops too now
rolleyes.gif

Glad to see you back on track in such a quick timeframe
smile.gif

Yeah too many smilies, but why not
hrth.gif

chinmi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
oh thank u dude... keep up the great work
biggrin.gif

so glad to see u back on this project
smile.gif

edit 1:
ups... found a bug i think, when i finish a download and come to a verification part, i got a "fvc.exe is not a valid Win32 application", i dont have this error on p previous version, do i have to install some extra software on my pc for this new version ?

thanks in advance
biggrin.gif

edit 2:
when i hover on fvc.exe i see a detailed info on the file, and it reads : "FileVerifier++ Command Line Utility (x64)"
and also on the fvcore.dll have a detailed info on the file that reads : "FileVerifier++ Core Module (x64)"
does the "(x64)" means i have to use Windows x64 version ?

thanks in advance
biggrin.gif

User423

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey XFlak!
Just wanted to report some bugs:

First:
QUOTE said:
I did the following:
Opened Download Wizard
Choosed current: 3.2
Want to: 4.2
Region: EUR
And I agreed to Download Stubs. (I want to make a Update Package, like official Update, maybe you could add an option for this?)

Now I checked the Stub Files, all are ok but IOS 40 + 52 are Korean only, they are not for European. Maybe you could remove them?
Second:
QUOTE said:
And another thing:
I downloaded the News Channel, always bad Hash, but the "Bad Hash Wad"-Hash matches with the one from NUSD1.4Beta.
(I always get the File with 11c713ff825f918bfe2c1065e5ab9827)
Third:
And in the new Version it doesn´t shows in the verify window how many files are ok or bad. And also the 1%--100% progress bar isn´t there. Looks like the function is broken.

greets and a big thanks,
user423
yaywii.gif

CAFlynn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a great app. I hadn't really paid much attention to it (until the past day or so), and just got a chance to try it out this morning. Easy to use, and just plain awesome. I used the stickied guide to softmod mine, but the next time I softmod a Wii, I'm gonna try this out for sure! Thanks for this!

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Thanks for the support everyone, I just signed on to see all your posts and it put a smile on my face
biggrin.gif

Thanks for reporting the bugs, hopefully it's a quick fix. I'll take a look at it now before starting my studying for the day. I'll make sure to also test it on my 32 bit windows XP virtual machine this time.

@DeadlyFoez, I could add some support to make sneek nand dump... but it will never be able to make a complete nand dump. I'm pretty sure there are some files that just can't be gotten via NUSD (like settings.txt). I can't remember the details right now, so I could be mistaken. But it is definitely an idea for the next major release, even if it creates a nand dump that is short one file, that would still be helpful IMHO.

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
@XFlak: Just a suggestion for the first post...

instead of having

Snapshot of Options Page
sb6nbk.jpg

*Any changes you make to the Options can be saved (settings will be retrieved the next time the program is started)
change it to

sb6nbk.jpg

*Any changes you make to the Options can be saved (settings will be retrieved the next time the program is started)

Code:
[spoiler][title:Snapshot of Options Page]
[img]http://i48.tinypic.com/sb6nbk.jpg[/img]
[size=3]*Any changes you make to the Options can be saved (settings will be retrieved the next time the program is started)[/size][/spoiler]

edit: sorry for double post XD

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
thx, I'll take probably do that when I get around to it

maybe I should also add you to the credits for that little bit of info, lol, jks jks

cheers

edit: @ everyone, I probably only need about an hour or so to finish v4.1.3, which will work on 32 bit systems again (and corrected hash check for the Euro News Channel). But TBH, I spent too much time on this already today, I need to study... I'll probably work on it during my study breaks. So you can expect another update within the next day or 2

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
could you make a version without the I Agree statement for the people who know what there doing?? it's a bit tedious having to wait and typing I Agree every time you run the app would be much appreciated

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I don't want to make a version like that, because I don't want to make it easy for scam artists to repackage my work and sell it when it should be free for everyone (just look at how many people are selling the hackmii installer as an example)

Besides, TT requested I include a warning like that in my program (I think having it in the guide should be good enough, but I took it one step further)

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I want credited because I make the same angry face from your signature, more facial hair but thats not the point lol great job xflak, ill be trying this out in about an hour when i mod a friends wii for donations of illicit narcotics

User423

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
XFlak said:
edit: @ everyone, I probably only need about an hour or so to finish v4.1.3, which will work on 32 bit systems again (and corrected hash check for the Euro News Channel). But TBH, I spent too much time on this already today, I need to study... I'll probably work on it during my study breaks. So you can expect another update within the next day or 2

Great to hear you fixed the problems. Did you also exclude Stub-IOS 40+52 from EUR Update?

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
XFlak said:
I don't want to make a version like that, because I don't want to make it easy for scam artists to repackage my work and sell it when it should be free for everyone (just look at how many people are selling the hackmii installer as an example)

Besides, TT requested I include a warning like that in my program (I think having it in the guide should be good enough, but I took it one step further)
ok then I'll not ask again thanks for the quick response

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
User423 said:
XFlak said:
edit: @ everyone, I probably only need about an hour or so to finish v4.1.3, which will work on 32 bit systems again (and corrected hash check for the Euro News Channel). But TBH, I spent too much time on this already today, I need to study... I'll probably work on it during my study breaks. So you can expect another update within the next day or 2Great to hear you fixed the problems. Did you also exclude Stub-IOS 40+52 from EUR Update?These files have always been available, and those stubs aren't only for the Euro update (not sure why u really care... after all they are STUB IOSs)

QUOTE(TRushInfo @ Jun 3 2010, 09:56 PM)
I want credited because I make the same angry face from your signature, more facial hair but thats not the point lol great job xflak, ill be trying this out in about an hour when i mod a friends wii for donations of illicit narcotics
lol, I'll be sure to add u to the credits
wink.gif
But in return I'd like some a percentage of said illicit narcotics, lol, jks jks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • light27 @ light27:
    fun fact
  • light27 @ light27:
    the first time i ever played on a wii u EVER was when I was getting my ear tubes removed
  • light27 @ light27:
    i was playing wii party
  • light27 @ light27:
    u*
  • light27 @ light27:
    but i only got to play for like
  • light27 @ light27:
    3 seconds
  • light27 @ light27:
    younger me would've never thought that I would have a wii u now
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @light27, i wanted a Wii u as a kid when i watched a Mario kart 8 commercial on tv
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had a Wii-U it sucked lol
    Even hacked it sucked lol
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    nah the Wii U wasn't bad
    +1
    the hardware is good
    The controller sucked
    it has good games, just not enough of them
    +2
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    the indie games on wii u were amazing though
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    and also some of nintendo's first party games
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    some of the best selling games on the switch are wii u ports (that are priced way too high
    like come on 60 for a game thats a decade old??)
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @ColdBlitz, i forgot breath of the wild released for the Wii u
    $60 for a game that's a decade old might be unheard of on PC but actually is not uncommon on consoles
    +1
    especially Nintendo because they only ever lower the price of games when they do a greatest hits/platinum hits/players choice re-release
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, and the HD collections released for 7th gen consoles too
    but they don't seem to have done any of those for the switch yet and maybe never will
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    I think we all forgot breath of the wild released for the wii u tbh
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, tbh the HD collections are more justified since they include more than just 1 game per copy
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @The Real Jdbye, tbh the HD collections are more justified since they include more than just 1...