Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
robjanssen said:
Black and red Wii's cannot play backups discs, neither can the newer white Wii's.

So that explains my buddy's Wii.....it is black and brand spanking new. But my grand daughters is an old white one. 3 years at least. Older than mine. Can't remember why it was ever updated to 4.2 now....that was an update via a mod update some time ago. And as said, it did play backup discs before this last update.

RavRob

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
OK sorry about that. Here is the story of the 1 Wii that once could read backed up DVDs (Wii #1) and one Wii that still works well (Wii #2)...and 1 newly soft modded Wii (Wii #3)

Wii #1
This Wii was soft-modded a long while back probably 2 1/2 years ago (Not using ModMii). I modded it to play back up discs and USB HDD. That worked great via NeoGamma. A while after, can't remember why now, I updated it via some modding method to 4.2U. At that point, it still played backed up DVD via NeoGamma and USB HDD. 2 days ago I decided to update the IOSs using ModMii. After the update using ModMii, it no longer played backed up DVDs via NeoGamma. It also stopped reading backed up DVD altogether.

Wii #2
This Wii was modded some time after Wii #1. It was at 4.1U and I left it at that rev. It played backed up DVDs through NeoGamma and played via USB HDD. I also updated the IOSs via ModMii. All is well. It still plays backed up DVDs via NeoGamma and USB HDD.

Wii #3
Black Wii. Brand new. only 1 month old. soft-modded about 3 or 4 days ago. My buddy was told to update it via Nintendo and he did. That was before any soft modding or what ever. Then he brought it to me to soft mod. I did. After the soft mod, it would not read any backed DVDs. It does play via USB HDD however.

So for now, what I would like to do is take Wii #1 and return it to rev 4.1U to see if it will start reading the backed up DVDs again.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
installing 4.1 will not make a difference to backup disc playback, so don't waste ur time. Just reinstall your cIOS249 and that should get neogamma working again. All neogamma uses to play backup discs is cIOS249 and the disc

Wii #3 can't play backup discs, but u know that already

trcmag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
did u successfully install IOS236? repeat that step then try again

I did try this with the same effect. No change

I have looked into the compatibility list for hard drives and they say that homebrew doesn't work on my Hard drive (WD Passport Essential SE).

Well, can I instead install it on the SD card? Or does this just make me sound like a total noobie.

I guess i am looking for a way to install the usb loader. I don't want to go around priiloader. Can I install Priiloader on the SD Card also?

Labatryth

Christian Fantasy Writer
Trophies
Website
www.labatryth.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I have a 4.3u American NTSC USA Wii that will not play disc games or load official Nintendo channels. I have already replaced the laser in it. I also have installed the Homebrew Channel, and upgraded to the newest 4.3u system menu. Will ModMii fix my broken channels? They will load sometimes, after I don't use my Wii for a very long time. However, disc games won't work. But I somehow have access to Wii Connect24 and all my channels for a limited time when this happens? Also, the few WiiWare demos I was able to download once my channels worked black screen and freeze when I run them, sometimes throwing up "An error has occurred. Press Eject and nadadada." What is actually wrong with my Wii here? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

I'm even able to turn WiiConnect24 on and off in my system settings. Before it would just freeze with a black screen. WTF?

pakrat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
XFlak said:
@pakrat,
1st of all, what did u use to mod ur wii in the first place... sounds like it wasn't one of the stickies otherwise u would've had updates disabled...

do u happen to still have bootmii @ boot2 installed? It would have had to be installed on ur wii as boot2v4 before updating for it to have survived. Do u have any forwarder channels installed that survived the update, or how about the latest homebrew channel, that woulda survived too

I used modify any wii 4.3 & below, from sticky here well over a year ago. I know now that it was updated thru wii options, system update.
someone had turned off all the block updates, within options listed in hacks.ini!!!

I have the bootmii folder from another wii, that was modded with modmii.
I just dont remember where the files from the bootmii folder need to be, to be able to
reload the hbc, and then use mmm to reload HBC / hackmi installer.

The wii's HD refuses to read ANY of the games that expoits have been setup for? ( Have tried Super Smash Brothers Brawl & LEGO Indiana Jones)
Neither original will read on this wii, reads fine on other wii's.

any suggestions on 'fixing' this wii?

thanks

hazzarduk1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
when new updated ios' come out, and modmii is updated, is it worth updating my ios on my wii too, or should i leave them alone as its working?

and do i just go through the installing wad section of the modmii guide once i put the new ones on my sd card? or would i do something different?

MXman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Total newb here and I got myself into some trouble hacking my new wii. Everything seemed to be going per the instructions until after I intalled the WADS. After I rebooted I got an error that the system memory is full and that I need to free up some memory. I have tried moving some of the channels off the Wii to the memory card but no blocks free up. I have priloader installed and I can get into the homebrew channel through there, but I am not sure what I should do next.

Can someone PLEASE help?

Thanks

robjanssen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
MXman said:
Total newb here and I got myself into some trouble hacking my new wii. Everything seemed to be going per the instructions until after I intalled the WADS. After I rebooted I got an error that the system memory is full and that I need to free up some memory. I have tried moving some of the channels off the Wii to the memory card but no blocks free up. I have priloader installed and I can get into the homebrew channel through there, but I am not sure what I should do next.

Can someone PLEASE help?

Thanks

Maybe Any Title Deleter can help you.
But use with care!

Fox888

Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone having troubles updating ModMii to 4.5.1, here it shows an update is available on the first boot and it dont update
unsure.gif

and booting it up after the first boot, it dont show an update is available anymore
unsure.gif

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
Fox888 said:
Does anyone having troubles updating ModMii to 4.5.1, here it shows an update is available on the first boot and it dont update
unsure.gif

and booting it up after the first boot, it dont show an update is available anymore
unsure.gif
It's not a ModMii update, it's a Database update. Check here.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
MXman said:

Can someone PLEASE help?

Thanks
Sounds to me like your NEW wii still has the Introduction movie channel on there, just go to your wii memory settings and delete this channel. This channel is just a movie but it uses a huge amount of your wii memory.

Fox888

Trophies
XP
Country
pplucky said:
Fox888 said:
unsure.gif

unsure.gif
It's not a ModMii update, it's a Database update. Check here.

NVM just found out of the problem
blush.gif

fgfemperor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Question: I have a 4.2U. If I upgrade it to 4.3U using ModMii, will I lose my BootMii installed as boot2 and will need a game to hack it again or my hacks will stay there untouched?

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Question: I have a 4.2U. If I upgrade it to 4.3U using ModMii, will I lose my BootMii installed as boot2 and will need a game to hack it again or my hacks will stay there untouched?

No, you will not lose BootMii as boot2, this exploit is only on older Wiis and even updating to boot2v4 will not remove BootMii as boot2.

Yes your hacks will stay there untouched but i would stay with 4.2 since it's easier with bannerbomb in case you ever decided to redo your mods. Then again you could always downgrade and redo your mods i believe ModMii gives you SM IOSs that are safe in case of accidential downgrade
wink2.gif

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Can anyone explain why Modmii closes down when attempting to extract a GC iso? I wanna just have a try at running a disc-ex GC game in UNEEK. Also, can anyone link me to dios mios? The googlecode page isn't available any more

chop

Trophies
XP
Country
I've now twice tried to install the latest cios 249 base 56 r21-d2x-v3 modmii (r21003)
but cfg list's it in cios info: as
ios 249 base: ?? (r21003)

my ios 250 base: 57 r21-d2x-v3 modmii (r21003) shows up fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did someone loose a leg? You're fired
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ffs 55gb patch for hogwarts legacy
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Teslas are prob running Windows XP to this day.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    sometimes I wonder where I went wrong and why I'm so dissatisfied with my life
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Then I find myself arguing with someone on reddit about how blatantly wrong their understanding of the USB Power Delivery specification is.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    At 1 AM.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Where did I go wrong, again? 😕
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, What do you mean?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, always blame women
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Blame woke.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Blame society.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Woke isn't part of society they woke up from it
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    *spends years yelling "wake up sheeple"
    *acts shocked when they actually wake up
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Make up your mind.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean the government doesn't care? :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have no idea what you're talking about.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The government
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol jedi fallen order crashed on SteamDeck through ea play guess the deck doesn't have the force
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Well it's called the "fallen" order, not the "stable" order.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The "smooth running" order.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Guess they weren't lying about not being compatible
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ea play is such hot garbage for making you register per console
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Site's down again. :/
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Site's down again. :/