Hacking Best way to install Wee and Gc games

lucky13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I have a freshly CBHC hacked WiiU and a blank 400GB SD and a black 1.5TB USB hardrive...

I have my wee games all downloaded as wbfs and GC games as iso's and i've read that the best way to install these onto my wiiu is with UWUVCI is that correct ?

thanks

Reactions: jeannotte

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For wii and gc games use a injector. They appear then on your home menu.
If you have a 400 GB SD Card, don't bother installing GCN games on your Wii U, just use a GamePad compatible Nintendont forwarder. And maybe NKit to trim your disc images. 400 GB can go a lot further that way.

Use the injector for Wii games, and WUPs for Wii U.

lucky13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
guys i'm a total newbie although tech savy in lots of other ways so I don't know anything about wiiu's ...can you just explain in a little more info as I dont know what an injector is and if you say injector can you name it....why can't I just use UWUVCI is that not a good method ? I want to just pick one method and go with that as when everyone starts listibg 15 million different ways it just gets confusing

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Nkit trimmed games are only playable with dolphin ;)
Wii discs that is - Gamecube NKit-ISO is fully compatible with real hardware (and nintendont) :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

why can't I just use UWUVCI is that not a good method
It definitely is (and the one I recommend), just be aware it's not the only one :)

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Wii discs that is - Gamecube NKit-ISO is fully compatible with real hardware (and nintendont) :)
My bad. It is compatible with nintendont. But not with wii usb loader.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201222-232822579.jpg
    Screenshot_20201222-232822579.jpg
    390.9 KB · Views: 195
Last edited by BaamAlex,

lucky13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ok i've now read USB helper is just as good as UWUVCI ..are there any advantages of either ? I'm shying away from UWUVCI as I apparently the only way to get a baserom is to buy a legit game from nintendo and that will cost £18 and USB helper should be free...is that true ?

as mentioned I have my wee games all downloaded as wbfs and GC games as iso's so will these work just fine with USB helper ?

lucky13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Otherwise would be scam ;)

haha yes any idea on my other questions ?

ok i've now read USB helper is just as good as UWUVCI ..are there any advantages of either ? I'm shying away from UWUVCI as I apparently the only way to get a baserom is to buy a legit game from nintendo and that will cost £18 and USB helper should be free...is that true ?

as mentioned I have my wee games all downloaded as wbfs and GC games as iso's so will these work just fine with USB helper ?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
from UWUVCI as I apparently the only way to get a baserom is to buy a legit game from nintendo
Not really - you need the titlekey for a specific game (which you can't even legitimately buy without an American NNID) - how and where you find it is not Teconmoon's problem :)

Yes, you can use WBFS and (Gamecube NKit ISO) in that converter

lucky13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not really - you need the titlekey for a specific game (which you can't even legitimately buy without an American NNID) - how and where you find it is not Teconmoon's problem :)

Yes, you can use WBFS and (Gamecube NKit ISO) in that converter

sorry which app needs the title key with an American NNID ?

Also whats Gamecube Nkit iso my GC iso's are 1.35GB do I need to do something with them ?

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
ok i've now read USB helper is just as good as UWUVCI ..are there any advantages of either ?
I think you misunderstand something here. USB helper and uwuvci are not the same. Means, there are no advantages or disadvantages. Uwuvci is a vc injector. See here. And the usb helper is a cdn downloader. Means, it downloads games directly from nintendos cdn (Content Delivery Network).

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
sorry which app needs the title key with an American NNID ?

Also whats Gamecube Nkit iso my GC iso's are 1.35GB do I need to do something with them ?
This is NKit. It's not the most user-friendly thing, but it's the BEST tool for shrinking your Gamecube isos.

If you want to keep it simple, I uploaded my config for it. If you use this config and drag any Gamecube image to ConvertToNkit.exe (after downloading NKit and then putting my config in there after) it will trim them and save space. I've used it on everything and it hasn't let me down yet.

Attachments

• NKit.dll.config.zip
    17.1 KB · Views: 85

lucky13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ok so i now have UWUVCI installed and have injected a view wii games which work fine and 1 gc game..these games now all appear on my homepage but when I run a gc game it says i need to install nintendont..so i have installed nintendont files to apps/nintendont ..but i guess i need some sort of forwarder or vc injector to also get the gc working with nintendont ..can someone recommend what i need to do next ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-