Hardware Best way to format a corrupted Sd card?

CrazyButtStabber

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a 32 Gb Sandisk microsd card that corrupted a while back and I could find any way of formatting. I have searched for hours with no luck. Now I want to see if I can try and succeed this time. So are there any programs or methods available to completely format my sd card?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Yeah it really sucks having what could be a perfectly good SD card not work for no good reason
if SD formatter advised above can't format it, pretty much that card is dead...
if you had important stuff in it, you can try sending it to a recover service... i recently seen a guy in youtube doing it:

they don't talk about their prices in the site though..., but you can pretty much search around somewhere close to your place and get rates..

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have a totally bricked 16Gb SD card, who's got better ?
Fire up a live Linux distro of the last couple years with the least background services (like the Arch installer), and use dd to try to rewrite every sector (dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/whatever conv=sync,noerror)... but don't expect miracles

some Canon cameras also have a full erase feature

CrazyButtStabber

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if SD formatter advised above can't format it, pretty much that card is dead...
if you had important stuff in it, you can try sending it to a recover service... i recently seen a guy in youtube doing it:

they don't talk about their prices in the site though..., but you can pretty much search around somewhere close to your place and get rates..

It was just about 10 gigs worth of music, luckily it was nothing important

wolfmankurd

Trophies
XP
Country
What do you mean by corrupted? A corrupted partition should be formatable using just about anything.

Do you mean the SD card has failed? Sometimes only the interface is messed up (say if certain wires break inside).

If that's the case you might be able to get at it using different hardware to test the 3 interfaces (one bit, four bit and SPI).

sp3off

GBATemp's least active boy
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Fire up a live Linux distro of the last couple years with the least background services (like the Arch installer), and use dd to try to rewrite every sector (dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/whatever conv=sync,noerror)... but don't expect miracles

some Canon cameras also have a full erase feature

Man, I have Ubuntu GNOME. If it works, you are a true savior. Will try.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o