Best Video Game Memories?

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Playing Super Mario Bros. 3 on the NES with my older sister. We would always go to the Start "level" and play the classic Mario Bros. game, though we never knew what it was called at the time.

Playing Pokemon Gold under the covers at 12:00 midnight with the new Snake Light that my mom bought me earlier that day. I was training my Marill, and it evolved before my eyes into my new Azumarril, which later helped my defeat the Elite Four.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Getting the good ending on Bubble Bobble, by myself, as I fiddled with two controllers at the same time.

Playing a next-gen non-Nintendo console for the first time (although I think I did that maybe December of last year. Before then, the highest gen console I had was an N64)...

Getting an odd glitch with Game Genie and Super Mario Bros. where in the last castle, Toad is there. He says "I'm sorry Mario, but our princess is in another castle!". Then when it was supposed to go to the credits, the game froze.

The ending scene before the credits of Secret of Mana. That made me choke up. Poor Sprite....
frown.gif

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mine is when my brother played the SNES, he'd give me a fake controller so i can jam on the buttons.

My sister and I would play multiplayer on Super Mario All stars when i was only 7

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Discovering how to get to the first alternative path in Lylat Wars and thinking I was a genius.

My dad hiding my copy of Pokemon Red on Xmas day, then when he tried to reveal where he'd hidden it, it wasn't there and he thought it had been stolen. Turns out my brother had found it the night before and put it back with the rest of the presents under the tree, and it had fallen behind the box the tree was balanced on. I then went into my gaming cave (IE: the shed we converted into a game room with a bed and door to the outside toilet) and didn't emerge for over a week as I'd already taken the liberty of restocking the fridge.

Finally finding my way into the Black Hole level on Starwing and knowing I beat my dad there. He got me into Starwing. In fact, on the easy path variation of Corneria, when you fly to the right of the big red block to get the hidden bomb, my friends still refer to that as the 'snowy bomb', my dad's nickname because he found it first then taught me how to get it.

Discovering Final Fantasy through a swap with one of my brother's friends. I loaned him Pokemon Red (I'd already finished it) and he loaned me FF7 in return, the idea being we swapped back when both of us had finished the new games. I still have that same copy of FF7 today. It's less than five feet away from me right now. Still working after over a decade of abuse. Needed one major repair though. It got scuffed by a dodgy PS1 and I was saved on Cactuar Island. Cloud wouldn't appear on the world map, you could fly the Highwind but everything except Cactuar Island was black and crashed the game, and going into battle crashed the game. I thought I'd taken too long beating the game and Meteor had hit or something. Then I ran a disk cleaner over it I got at a car boot sale with a special scratch filling cream and it's worked perfectly ever since. What I wouldn't give for that miracle cleaning kit again.

My dad's girlfriend stealing my exceptionally rare and valuable Zelda game watch. Never did get that back. Nor did I get Wild Arms or Legend of the Dragoon back from that thieving skank-ass whore either.

I have more but I'm starting to ramble...

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Pikachu following me around and getting all 3 starter Pokemon in Pokemon Yellow. I was so happy to get all 3 legit without trading.

choconado

Doesn't understand a damn thing on here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I remember at age two my dad explaining what video games were as he unpacked and hooked up our brand new 2600. I was mesmerized at every turn. Even watching him play Bridge (the card game) on it.

I've never looked back.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Christmas day, 1975, my spoiled brat idiot cousin showed up at my house (all my mom's side of the family came to our house to eat) with Pong. I don't think I've ever been more jealous in my life. I was 8 and he was 7. We played all day on the little TV my uncle brought along so we wouldn't disturb the men watching college football. I had to wait about two and a half more years before I finally got a 2600 for my birthday in 1978.

YetoJesse

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
being able to play the first few levels of mario with my feet on the.. whut... snes?...
i was like a child back then... seriously, I was like 4 years old or so XD

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A couple years ago, Mountain Dew had some special version called "Pitch Black". It was basically sour grape Mountain Dew and it was really good. Back then I also had quite a sensitive stomach and I couldn't drink a whole lot without getting incredibly painful gas and diarrhea, but oddly enough, Pitch Black was one of the few things I could drink.

My brother and I were at my dad's apartment and he bought his own Gamecube to play and stuff. We brought over our copy of 007 Nightfire and just played multiplayer from like the afternoon to the wee hours of the morning. I remember his coffee table was just full of empty cans of Pitch Black since we just drank it so much.

pistone

Trophies
in your heart...coz secretly you love me !!!!
XP
Country
Albania
backo o'hare game........it was a level that i didnt pass i think in the ice world the boss fight (i was like 6-7)
but then my dad comes and say i know you gonna do it!!! and like it was a piece of cake i passed that level
so that day i finished my first real hard nes game (mario was to easy )

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
not being able to bypass the naming screen on ff2
being scared from hooded ansem in kh and always running away from heartless and hiding in a shop in traverse town and i didn't advance for a year even because i didn't have a memcard
playing pokemon for the 1st time on emerald
not being able to enter olypus coliseum because i didn't know i had to push that rock and i even finished the game without it and on my 2nd save i realized what i had to do and continuing my 1st quest
never hearing of nintendo consoles in my childhood
FU*K YEAH finishing kh1 at 7 yrs old
finishing ff2 dawn of souls in 6/8 hours when i was a kid
never hearing of walkthrough and thinking i was very smart for bypassing puzzles especially zelda one and also for playing cool games unlike my friends who mostly played shooters(still i love some shooters like ff7 DoC) and football games
yeah most of them are dumb mistakes but i remember them
oh and also thinking the wii=that eyetoy game for ps2
i'll add really memorable memories later

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    That Dell data breach is worse than people probably realize....
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
    +2
    and sing along
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nevermind i just learned swearing is against the rules in sea of thieves

i was about to start singing the song i last put in "what song are you currently listening to" yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but yeah ig so
    swearing not allowed in a pirate game? what has the world come to
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (here's the song for context)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just add -izle to the end of every curse word, you will be fine.
    +2
    i like alestorm
    +1
    @BigOnYa too many syllables
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same lmao
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    hi, welcome to the Temp!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Welcome to the Underground!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the booty boogie from (once again) the donkey kong country cartoon could also be a good song to sing while playing sea of thieves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.
    +2
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG7fk_DUz5g +1