OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I've seen all over the internet people saying 1x 4x or 8x. I'll be receiving my memory card in the mail probally by tomorrow and wanted to check with someone who has done this a lot and can tell me from experience. Most, if not all games will be DVD iso's if that matters. I also have DVD Decryptor and IMGBurn on my PC.

Thanks.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The reason people tell you to write at lower speeds is becasue there is a less risk of there being an error during the burning process. You CAN burn at any supported speeds though.
This is old thinking. This thinking back then was because HDD cannot keep up with buffer.

Now days, if you have to burn at low speed to produce working disc, it means you are either using crappy burner and/or crappy disc. When a quality disc is rated 8x, it means its dye is designed to burn at 8x, not 4x, not 2x.

Modern burner doesn't even support low speed burning anyway.

Gigaware DVD-R is a batch from RICOH, its quality is mixed bag (leans more toward bad).

Isaac

American
Trophies
Here? Right here? What about, say... over there?
XP
Country
United States
This is old thinking. This thinking back then was because HDD cannot keep up with buffer.

Now days, if you have to burn at low speed to produce working disc, it means you are either using crappy burner and/or crappy disc. When a quality disc is rated 8x, it means its dye is designed to burn at 8x, not 4x, not 2x.

Modern burner doesn't even support low speed burning anyway.

Gigaware DVD-R is a batch from RICOH, its quality is mixed bag (leans more toward bad).
Really? Well, the more you know. *insert rainbow here*

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've always burned at 4x and found that the best. Not too slow and not to fast. Make sure to use a good quality disc if you want them to last. I plain disagree with the statement "the fastest speed that your burner and disc supports". Don't be in such a fucking hurry, 4x is only a few minutes longer.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've always burned at 4x and found that the best. Not too slow and not to fast. Make sure to use a good quality disc if you want them to last. I plain disagree with the statement "the fastest speed that your burner and disc supports". Don't be in such a fucking hurry, 4x is only a few minutes longer.
This isn't about being in a hurry. If your burner supports quality check you'll be surprised that at rated speed it yields the highest quality, even if data integrity is intact.

Of course this assumes you are using quality burner and disc.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn't about being in a hurry. If your burner supports quality check you'll be surprised that at rated speed it yields the highest quality, even if data integrity is intact.

I've been burning dvd's for many years and would never believe that. Just because a burner and disc state 16x don't mean it will yield the best results. What about longevity when burning at the max speed? More than likely most of the members and/or visitors here don't have a quality burner, nor are they using the best blank media. Maybe you should find out what they have and are using before recommendations. 4x is a safe speed for people that aren't using the best media or hardware.

DarkWork0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've always used 2x-4x and never had problems either. I've only ran into problems with higher speeds even with a new dvd burner and the best dvds for the job.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr