Gaming Best Sonic game to start?

Blue

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I was looking to get into the Sonic series. I wondering if anyone knew which game to start with bearing in mind I'm limited to 3DS platform.

TVL

#|
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I think the Game Gear version of the first Sonic game is available on eShop. But the sprite is a bit mangeled because of GG resolution; so I prefer the Master System version, but that's gonna be through RetroArch. And it doesn't fill the criteria of having a modern look, but I still think it's the best Sonic game... but I haven't played Sonic Mania which I wish was on the 3DS.

Sonic Generations has a more modern look and I thought it was pretty good. Only played a few levels though and it was a while since. Haven't really kept track of what more Sonic games were released on the 3DS.

D

Deleted User

Sonic Lost World for the 3DS is good. At least a lot better than Generations

Reactions: Blue

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think the Game Gear version of the first Sonic game is available on eShop. But the sprite is a bit mangeled because of GG resolution; so I prefer the Master System version, but that's gonna be through RetroArch. And it doesn't fill the criteria of having a modern look, but I still think it's the best Sonic game... but I haven't played Sonic Mania which I wish was on the 3DS.

Sonic Generations has a more modern look and I thought it was pretty good. Only played a few levels though and it was a while since. Haven't really kept track of what more Sonic games were released on the 3DS.
Totally agree ...with the first paragraph (Generations can do one), the first on the Master System is probably my fave Sonic ever! However it's a little too old, and hasn't really aged as gracefully as the Mega Drive games, so I'd also pick the 16bit games. Probably start with 2, but go for 3, Knuckles, and of course 1 & CD! Forget anything else (bar the Master System one), then grab yourself a machine that plays Sonic Mania - it's fantastic!! :wub:

Blue

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I started Sonic Lost Worlds and I suck so bad, takes me forever to clear a stage after dying like 6 times.

mike a

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I played the original ones on genesis as a kid and they are good, sonic 2 being the best one. I did try one of the newer ones for ps2 I bought at a pawnshop much later on, I believe it was generations, had a team of 4 characters all with different abilities. It sucked so bad I pawned it back to them the next day. Stick with the original ones lol

Gimzie

professional moron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Play the romhack Sonic 3 Complete. It combines Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles in the way they were supposed to be played.

Also, talking about 3DS Sonic games, the 3DS version of Generations is pretty good, and so is Sonic Lost World. (Gameplay-wise, it's much better than on Wii U/PC, graphics-wise, worse)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: it's a thing there