Hacking Best softmod of Hardmod for A WII

• Thread starter tigris
  • Start date
  • Views 843
  • Replies 4
Solution
It is a little pricey, but the WODE is a fantastic way to go. Easy to install, and once its in all you need is a harddrive or usb stick to play games. Great compatibility (I've hardly ever found something that didn't work), GAMECUBE compatibility, fantastic user support on the forums, and pretty soon you can get the WODE base in black, silver, and orange too! In the long run, the unit pays for itself with how many games you'll be able to play without issue. It even has a few of its own homebrew apps that allow you to load games without having to use the on-base lcd screen. Of course, it can also load its own GCN disc-based menu for selection of games that way. All-in-all a very user friendly device with lots of options. It even rips...

Koetje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Cheapest = softmod
Best = hardmod

The question you have to ask to yourself: Do i want to pay to hack my wii?
If yes = buy a modchip
If no = Inform yourself about softmodding your wii

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
IMO, softmod is better than hardmod as you can do way more with it. The only thing you still can't do perfectly is reading GC backups from USB (and if you want that on a modchip, it's gonna cost you quite a bit).

Ofc it's also cheaper (free).

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is a little pricey, but the WODE is a fantastic way to go. Easy to install, and once its in all you need is a harddrive or usb stick to play games. Great compatibility (I've hardly ever found something that didn't work), GAMECUBE compatibility, fantastic user support on the forums, and pretty soon you can get the WODE base in black, silver, and orange too! In the long run, the unit pays for itself with how many games you'll be able to play without issue. It even has a few of its own homebrew apps that allow you to load games without having to use the on-base lcd screen. Of course, it can also load its own GCN disc-based menu for selection of games that way. All-in-all a very user friendly device with lots of options. It even rips, allows play of backup dvds, and if you so desire you can still play retail discs with it installed.

A little pricey (not as bad now as when I got mine at launch), but well worth the investment.

www.wodejukebox.com

Solution

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-6512692/arcade-1-up-infinity-50-games-game-board.jsp?pfm=bdrecs...