Best Slot 2 device with Acekard

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by ZeXr0, Jun 9, 2009.

Jun 9, 2009

Best Slot 2 device with Acekard by ZeXr0 at 2:28 AM (1,230 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. ZeXr0
    OP

Newcomer ZeXr0 Member

Canada
    Hi, it's been a while since I looked into the NDS/GBA scene. I just bought an Acekard (i'm waiting for it to arrive in mail) and I want to know what would be the best Slot 2 card. It would be nice if it has a microSD slot but it's not necessary. Can you suggest me something good ?

Thank you

2. NightKry

Member NightKry GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Get an EZFLASH 3-in-1
    Works like a charm w/ my Acekard. Acekard also has support for the 3-in-1, so it's all good. =D

3. ZeXr0
    OP

Newcomer ZeXr0 Member

Canada
    With that I'll need to use my DS card to play the GBA games right ? Is there any advantage to use this instead of a real GBA card ? Could you point me to something to read about all those technology ? [​IMG] I'd like to have more information. Because I read a couple of place that I'd need AKAIO to make it work, I'm a little lost with all those different thing.

4. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    you can click on the 3in1 link in my sig for info on the 3in1 and what you would need depending on what you want to use etc.

5. Dr. Canuck

Newcomer Dr. Canuck Member

Canada
    What's the advantage of the EZFlash 3-in-1 over the SuperCard Lite? The SuperCard uses microSD which is good for us Mac users (or people not wanting to bother with cables) but the EZFlash apparently does not.

6. UltraMagnus

Member UltraMagnus hic sunt dracones

United Kingdom
    the ez-flash you can just put your gba roms on your acekard and choose them from the same menu, 99.9% of games don't need trimming or patching.

I hear old gba supercards required you to do a fast power cycle to save, not good

7. LeeTV

Newcomer LeeTV Member

United States
    When you get you AceKard, you WILL need to download the acekard nds file and the other folder of stuff. Otherwise it WILL NOT work!