Best SD/SDHC Company?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by matrix121391, Aug 10, 2008.

Aug 10, 2008

Best SD/SDHC Company? by matrix121391 at 5:55 AM (1,276 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. matrix121391
    OP

Member matrix121391 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I've always thought it was between Kingston and SanDisk and because a lot of machines I use (cameras and phones) always come with a SanDisk, I've always thought it to be the best. And also, when I bought my flashcart, the SanDisk SDs were slightly more expensive than Kingston. But reading the forums, I've seen many people suggest Kingston SDs, and some even some unknown foreign/japanese brands. I'm looking for a good SDHC at the moment. Any recommendations? And what's the most space available. So far I know only of an 8Gig.

2. DSGamer64

Member DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    I think there is a 16 GB microSDHC but I dunno how widely available it is, might be overkill anyway. 4 or 8 GB's is fine. In my expierence, don't touch Transcend, get a Kingston, SanDisk or find a clone of either brand for less.

3. matrix121391
    OP

United States
    Wow! Thanks for the advice. I was thinking Transcend because they're the only one on Amazon with a 16GB SD, so I assume they'll also be the first to release a 16GB microSD. I have a 4GB, but being me, I love having everything top notch, so I want to aim for an 8GB + CycloDS, both I have yet to get. Thanks for your response!

4. jabjab

Member jabjab GBAtemp Fan

United States
    think highest commonly available card is 8gb.
    you can get a couple of different ones like the sandisk ultra which is class 6 (and a normal version which is almost the same) and an adata 8gb class 4 which has almost identical performance.
    Both of these have very fast read/write but slow random access times (may cause probelmes with some games)
    Kingston and transcend 8gb class 4s haven't seen any performance reviews for them.

For 4gb the adata class 6 is best performer (transcend is slower than it) with good read/write and the fastest random access times.

5. matrix121391
    OP

United States
    So I guess I'll be getting a 8gb SanDisk when it goes cheaper then? Right now it's around $25-30 on Amazon. Does anyone know a cheaper place maybe?

6. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    I'd always recommend sandisk. I've had kingston once made in taiwan. Its the only sd card ever to break after using it for a few hours. I may have just been unlucky, but I will never buy kingston again.

7. Uruha

Member Uruha GBAtemp Regular

United States
    try ebay, i got a 4GB sandisk for $16 with shipping

8. matrix121391
    OP

United States
    Got a 4GB. Need an 8GB just to feel more secure about extra space.

9. Uruha

Member Uruha GBAtemp Regular

United States
    lol i have a 4gb and i cant fill it up with games i want, i have 30 so far
    i have a samsung p2 so i just use that for my media [​IMG]