Best SD/SDHC Company?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by matrix121391, Aug 10, 2008.

1. matrix121391
    OP

matrix121391 GBAtemp Fan

Feb 5, 2008
    United States
    I've always thought it was between Kingston and SanDisk and because a lot of machines I use (cameras and phones) always come with a SanDisk, I've always thought it to be the best. And also, when I bought my flashcart, the SanDisk SDs were slightly more expensive than Kingston. But reading the forums, I've seen many people suggest Kingston SDs, and some even some unknown foreign/japanese brands. I'm looking for a good SDHC at the moment. Any recommendations? And what's the most space available. So far I know only of an 8Gig.

2. DSGamer64

DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Nov 9, 2007
    Canada
    A cold cold place
    I think there is a 16 GB microSDHC but I dunno how widely available it is, might be overkill anyway. 4 or 8 GB's is fine. In my expierence, don't touch Transcend, get a Kingston, SanDisk or find a clone of either brand for less.

3. matrix121391
    OP

matrix121391 GBAtemp Fan

Feb 5, 2008
    United States
    Wow! Thanks for the advice. I was thinking Transcend because they're the only one on Amazon with a 16GB SD, so I assume they'll also be the first to release a 16GB microSD. I have a 4GB, but being me, I love having everything top notch, so I want to aim for an 8GB + CycloDS, both I have yet to get. Thanks for your response!

4. jabjab

jabjab GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2008
    United States
    think highest commonly available card is 8gb.
    you can get a couple of different ones like the sandisk ultra which is class 6 (and a normal version which is almost the same) and an adata 8gb class 4 which has almost identical performance.
    Both of these have very fast read/write but slow random access times (may cause probelmes with some games)
    Kingston and transcend 8gb class 4s haven't seen any performance reviews for them.

For 4gb the adata class 6 is best performer (transcend is slower than it) with good read/write and the fastest random access times.

5. matrix121391
    OP

matrix121391 GBAtemp Fan

Feb 5, 2008
    United States
    So I guess I'll be getting a 8gb SanDisk when it goes cheaper then? Right now it's around $25-30 on Amazon. Does anyone know a cheaper place maybe?

6. adgloride

adgloride Its A Wii Wario

Apr 2, 2003
    I'd always recommend sandisk. I've had kingston once made in taiwan. Its the only sd card ever to break after using it for a few hours. I may have just been unlucky, but I will never buy kingston again.

7. Uruha

Uruha GBAtemp Regular

Aug 9, 2008
    United States
    Pennsylvania
    try ebay, i got a 4GB sandisk for $16 with shipping

8. matrix121391
    OP

matrix121391 GBAtemp Fan

Feb 5, 2008
    United States
    Got a 4GB. Need an 8GB just to feel more secure about extra space.

9. Uruha

Uruha GBAtemp Regular

Aug 9, 2008
    United States
    Pennsylvania
    lol i have a 4gb and i cant fill it up with games i want, i have 30 so far
    i have a samsung p2 so i just use that for my media [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice