ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
After playing EBA without any protection on the screen, it was very scratched up. After I got my screen protecter, which was about 3 weeks, ago, it hasn't been scratched, even once. I've played Ouendan, and Dragon sword continously, and it's still prefect.

In short, I recommend the Hori one. Unfortunately, it's 7 bucks on DX, and pretty hard to put on. But if you do, it's great.

paOol

Trophies
XP
Country
if you want the absolute best and don't care for $$$$, get an invisible shield. i have no doubt that it is the best screen protector out there.
i have it for my ipod and my DS. sooooo worth spending a little extra especially because it comes with a life time warranty.

discostew

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
paOol said:
if you want the absolute best and don't care for $$$$, get an invisible shield. i have no doubt that it is the best screen protector out there.
i have it for my ipod and my DS. sooooo worth spending a little extra especially because it comes with a life time warranty.
I'M looking on ebay and can't find any, do you know shop that sell them and ship them in USA

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Search engines are your friends
wink.gif

http://www.invisibleshield.com/

Rawrl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How are the "official" Nintendo ones made by BD&A? The only reason I ask is because I received a "starter kit" along with my DS Lite for Christmas, and it included a set of screen protectors.

Wightslayer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Any are fine as long as they do the job properly! The problem with hori is that there are so many fakes out there that it's hard to know if you've bought the real deal or not.
As long as they protect your screen and are easy to put on/off it should be fine.

Man18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Invisible Shields are only $20 free shipping for FULL Body cover and $13 for just the screen. It is actually a great product. I am ordering one today as a matter of fact.

Also, for those with the DS Phat they do have the screen protectors for 15$.

Man18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bri said:
@R4man18:

Let us know how easy it is to install. The full body one looks rather difficult!

-Bri

I planned to purchase just the screen protectors but I will go ahead and go for the fully body but I wont be able to order for a day or so then. I lost my wallet somewhere around the house with my bank card in it.

ADDITION: Around 06 I purchased some Hori protectors for my DS Phat and they are still going strong.

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont understand. Whats so good about Hori screen protectors and why are they so expensive? How are they better than $5 screen portectos that you buy at the store.

BTW, does anyone know how to put these on without those stupid air bubbles?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've found that even the Hori protectors are very difficult to get on without air bubbles (which are usually caused by trapped dust). I start off by putting small pieces of clear (Scotch) tape on the protectors at the corners before I put them on to make it easier to peel them back off which you inevitably will have to do to get rid of the bubbles. Without the tape at the corners, you have to pry them off with your fingernail which will end up bending the corners of the protector permanently, making a permanent air bubble at the corner.

Once you have the tape on the corners, it's best to put them on as quickly as possible starting at one edge. If you do it quickly, you can usually get them to lay down without trapping too much dust. If you have trapped some dust (and you WILL trap some dust) you have to peel the protector back and pick up the dust with some clear tape without trapping more dust. It's hard to tell whether the dust is stuck to the protector or to the screen, so it often takes more than one try to get the dust with the tape.

It's not easy even on a flat surface like the screen, which is why I was wondering if a full-body one wouldn't be nearly impossible to get on without bubbles.

-Bri

Man18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bri said:
I've found that even the Hori protectors are very difficult to get on without air bubbles (which are usually caused by trapped dust). I start off by putting small pieces of clear (Scotch) tape on the protectors at the corners before I put them on to make it easier to peel them back off which you inevitably will have to do to get rid of the bubbles. Without the tape at the corners, you have to pry them off with your fingernail which will end up bending the corners of the protector permanently, making a permanent air bubble at the corner.

Once you have the tape on the corners, it's best to put them on as quickly as possible starting at one edge. If you do it quickly, you can usually get them to lay down without trapping too much dust. If you have trapped some dust (and you WILL trap some dust) you have to peel the protector back and pick up the dust with some clear tape without trapping more dust. It's hard to tell whether the dust is stuck to the protector or to the screen, so it often takes more than one try to get the dust with the tape.

It's not easy even on a flat surface like the screen, which is why I was wondering if a full-body one wouldn't be nearly impossible to get on without bubbles.

-Bri
rolleyes.gif

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q0C9rDdTcug

I bought some Hori protectors for my DS for only 4$ in the past.

ExpertShield seem to be pretty good screen protectors.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol