Hacking Best Picture format with Moonshell

Redzone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, I am wondering with picture format does moonshell view the best and what would be the max size of a picture it can view without lag.

in my limited experements i found gif's seem to take a logn time to load but then there is no lag when pannign the map but i coudl not use a gif taht was larger then 60kb

can anyone give me a recomended max file size ( or image size) and what format displays the best in moonshell.

i am attemping to make some street maps of the city i live in for easy viewing.

Thanks

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have specifics for you, but I've found that JPEG usually works fairly well as long as the image isn't too big.

Have you looked into something like Comic Book DS for making your maps?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's actually the exact opposite. Comic Book DS has better zooming capabilities than Moonshell itself (more zoom levels, soft filtering on all zoom levels, etc). Give it a try when you get the chance.

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
In my experience, there is not maximum jpeg size.

Although the biggest picture i had without significant lag (of course it will sometimes lag) is 1024x768.
I also noticed that the zoom levels 25%, 50%, 75% and 100% arent lagging for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I agree the Bad Dragon has the weirdest fans lol +1