Best Picture format with Moonshell

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Redzone, Apr 15, 2008.

Apr 15, 2008
  1. Redzone
    OP

Newcomer Redzone Newbie

Canada
    Hello, I am wondering with picture format does moonshell view the best and what would be the max size of a picture it can view without lag.

in my limited experements i found gif's seem to take a logn time to load but then there is no lag when pannign the map but i coudl not use a gif taht was larger then 60kb

can anyone give me a recomended max file size ( or image size) and what format displays the best in moonshell.

i am attemping to make some street maps of the city i live in for easy viewing.

Thanks

2. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    I don't have specifics for you, but I've found that JPEG usually works fairly well as long as the image isn't too big.

Have you looked into something like Comic Book DS for making your maps?

3. Redzone
    OP

Newcomer Redzone Newbie

Canada
    i have not tried comicbook ds but i was under the impression you cannot zoom with that product.

4. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    It's actually the exact opposite. Comic Book DS has better zooming capabilities than Moonshell itself (more zoom levels, soft filtering on all zoom levels, etc). Give it a try when you get the chance.

5. Redzone
    OP

Newcomer Redzone Newbie

Canada
    any recomendations of the max jpg size i shoudl be useing ? or is it all trial and error

6. altorn

Member altorn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    In my experience, there is not maximum jpeg size.

Although the biggest picture i had without significant lag (of course it will sometimes lag) is 1024x768.
    I also noticed that the zoom levels 25%, 50%, 75% and 100% arent lagging for me.

7. Redzone
    OP

Newcomer Redzone Newbie

Canada
    thanks ill give it a try tonight