Best of the Last Decade [2000 - 2010]: Action-Adventure (Round 1)

Best Action Adventure Game of the Last Decade

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello GBAtempers, welcome to Sterling's rendition of: Best of the Last Decade. I'll be your host so come on in. Today we have some major contenders for the top title in the Action adventure slot. Since the new polling system only allows 10 options, we'll be doing this in rounds. The top 3 will be sent to the final round, then the top 3 of the next round, and so on and so forth. If you'd like to suggest more contenders, visit this topic and make your choice known! When we get more choices we'll continue each session in more rounds. Please only vote for games you have played.

1) If there are multiple titles in a series then only one can be on the next ticket. The exception being games that are meant to be played together, or if they're in two different stlyes (3D vs. 2D). If this is the case then you vote on the games as a whole experience and not as two different games.

2) If you have a problem with one of the winners, too bad. GBAtemp has voted and you can't change that. Any flaming others for their choice(s) will be reported. Expressing your opinion is fine, attacking others is not.

3) You may vote for multiple titles. However be aware that rule 1 still applies so make sure to vote for the title(s) you really want to win. In the future, you'll have to choose wisely and you may regret voting for the wrong Zelda title.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
250px-Mgs3box.jpg

True facts Bruv.

Reactions: Guild McCommunist

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Being serious, wouldn't sticking to one entry per IP be a better idea? Otherwise there's potential oversaturation of a particular IP like with LoZ in this list.
Only a single LoZ Title will be able to progress. Well two since I'll differentiate between 2D and 3D. If necessary I'll do a tie breaker.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only a single LoZ Title will be able to progress. Well two since I'll differentiate between 2D and 3D. If necessary I'll do a tie breaker.

Right, but it's still blocking other, potentially worthy games from making the list in the first place.

Also, this list seems to be way too broad. I mean, having Splinter Cell and MGS sharing a list with the Legend of Zelda? And Red Dead Redemption? I know that genres can be somewhat malleable things, and difficult to pinpoint exactly, but it can be narrowed down more than this.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Red dead never got released on the PC, because of that if i could i would deVote red dead.

but im going to vote for twilight princess.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Why so many LoZ games? I can think of a whole lot of Action Adventure games outside of the ones mentioned that I like a whole lot (suggestions below).
It would also be much better if we voted on an IP basis rather than on particular games to avoid the domination of "game-spamming" IP's, making chances of each IP in the poll relatively even.

Out of the ones mentioned, I voted Metal Gear Solid 1+2, but as I said, the list is quite incomplete.

siliconmessiah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not surprised that Wind Waker competes with MGS 3 here.

My vote goes to MSG 3, mostly because I haven´t really played Wind Waker (bought it two years ago, but I forgot about it and it just got laying there). I hope to play through it next year.

Wind Waker got a lot of critizism when it was released, but it really has been shown love during the later years. I have always thought it´s been looking amazingly fun to play!

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going by this list, it's MGS3 by far, Beyond Good and Evil had a few boring/glitchy bits (the 'stealth' parts?), despite otherwise being a classic.

Still, Okami is my favorite by a loooooooooooooooong shot. It would easily replace every Zelda title up there. Also no DMC3? The game that was so good that the internet has absolutely lost its **** over a character redesign?

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember guys I'll be having 3 rounds with this round only progressing 5. There's still plenty of time to add games in on this genre. Since I can't add every magical game in the genre to the list I asked GBAtemp for help. I got about half of these suggestions from you guys, but I've barely played half of them. Instead of waiting for another month or so for suggestions that may never come, I decided to go ahead and do a poll to try and energize the community to help more. I had exactly 10 entries in the Action-Adventure genre (listed on GameFAQs). If LoZ having two potential entries is that bad, I might as well just say it's one. The Oracle games are different enough to me that would differentiate them between the other LoZ titles anyway.

Daemauroa

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
though i have already voted for RDD, I was asking myself, wasn't metal gear solid 4 also released before 2010?
so, that game should be on the list too, not that it was better than MSG 2... but, just in case...

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
though i have already voted for RDD, I was asking myself, wasn't metal gear solid 4 also released before 2010?
so, that game should be on the list too, not that it was better than MSG 2... but, just in case...
Remember the polling system only allows 10 options. I'll add it to the list for the next round.

Daemauroa

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Remember the polling system only allows 10 options. I'll add it to the list for the next round.

oh, I have never realized that, oh well, then it will be like more of a tournament? like the winners of each round again in one big poll and then there will be voted for the best?

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh, I have never realized that, oh well, then it will be like more of a tournament? like the winners of each round again in one big poll and then there will be voted for the best?
Top 5 in this poll will make it to the semi final round. There will be 3 rounds each with 5 winners. The semi finals will have 3 winners/5 and then the finals will have a top 3.

EDIT: Actually, I might as well make this a top 3 will reach the finals. Since there'll only be 3 rounds anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok thanks, I love my X but have not messed with a S yet.