Gaming Best of shovelware

melksnor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if anyone had some shovelware/budget titles games that they actually liked?

For example, Cradle of Rome provided some decent entertainment

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like Ninjabread Man & Jurassic The Hunted because they're so badly done they're funny.

Always cheer me up.

nehe32

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I haven't found anything that has been fun before
frown.gif
but, am open to recommendations here.

Dante Wolfe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most of the Puzzle games are actually pretty decent. Luxor & Luxor 3 are very addicting so is Groovin Blocks. The others aren't really worth the money.

melksnor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Puzzle quest is indeed interesting enough as well, rubiks I didn't like at all, ended up throwing that away

hughjass

Trophies
Website
www.marcreeves.co.uk
XP
Country
Professor (can't remeber name)'s Gravity is pretty good, would not pay money for it though. as it's just a flash game in disguise. A good one, but still a flash game nonetheless

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hughjass said:
Professor (can't remeber name)'s Gravity is pretty good, would not pay money for it though. as it's just a flash game in disguise. A good one, but still a flash game nonetheless

Is the name Heinzwolf or something?

Anyway, about Puzzle Quest, that's not shovelware. Yes, the Wii version is the worst of them all, but the game is fucking amazing on the DS at least.

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
hughjass said:

Is the name Heinzwolf or something?

Anyway, about Puzzle Quest, that's not shovelware. Yes, the Wii version is the worst of them all, but the game is fucking amazing on the DS at least.

"offtopic
try puzzle quest galactix its a space puzzle game RPG style for the PC"

Ontopic
best of the shovelware there is none because its all shit haha

Danny Tanner

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There was that one game, I think it was called Maestro Jump in Music or something was really fun and shovelware. It was EU only if I remember correctly.

EDIT: How dumb am I! That was a DS game!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Danny Tanner said:
There was that one game, I think it was called Maestro Jump in Music or something was really fun and shovelware. It was EU only if I remember correctly.

EDIT: How dumb am I! That was a DS game!

Maestro wasn't shovelware though. It had some pretty decent hype around it and it was made quite well. I thought it was kinda meh but others really liked it.

Probably not shovelware, but some of the multiplatform titles that the Wii gets the short end of the stick for are kinda fun. Like Force Unleashed. I thought it was fun.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about that shovelware release spinoff of Anno 1701 called Dawn of Discovery? I heard it just was a shoveled up port of the 2nd DS release even with scaled up visuals and junk. I also heard it's good if you're into Anno, but still the shovel was digging on that one.

melksnor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii's Anno is actually a decent game, it's a little dumbded down, but no shovelware.
Mercury Meltdown and all other marble games really can't get my attention, but if you're into the genre, it's probably your thing

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People are definitely confused about what Shovelware is. Puzzle Quest & Anoo are definitely NOT shovelware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Xdqwerty just like kens mum