Hacking Best Modchip?

naes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Decided to mod my Wii, right now I have the Twilight Hack on it but I want to be able to play back ups. So, what's the best mod chip for the least amount of money? I would prefer something that is solderless, but I've heard that I can just get a Wlip (is this good)? Please give me suggestions and comments about Wii modchips.

Arek1985

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well I guess it depends on your wii, when I made my decision earlier today it came down to wasabi or d2pro9 because I have a cut pin drive d2b. I went with a wiiclip combo. That's supposed to be a solder less solution considering I got a pre soldered to clip bundle. But as everyone will probably ask, which version is your wii-drive. If you have older wii's I've heard good things about wii-key (I was going to get one of those because they were cheap and only 5 wires but due to cut pins it's more difficult to install.)IT seems nowadays it's between wasabi and d2pro9 due to compatibility with all chip sets. So I guess it's up to you and your preferences. But I'm no expert I just read through a lot of reviews recently.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Enter your wii's serial number [here] and see what kind of chip your wii will require. I had a DMS wii, and bought/installed a WiiKey pre-soldered onto a WiiClip V3, and it works perfectly. Reply with what kind of Wii you have and I/we will be more than happy to help you out.

naes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your Drive Chip is most likely GC2-D2C.

Your Drive Pins are most likely not cut.

So, which mod chip should I get?

tedmg09130913

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whichever one is cheapest;(wasabi or d2pro9) with wiiclip. Don't bother trying to solder them in directly. Use the wiiclip so you don't to ruin your wii.

naes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now, I'm new to the Wii scene, so can I update my Wii if I have a modchip in it? Or do I need to wait for a special release or something? Also, which modchip is better? Wasabi or d2pro9?

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
naes said:
Now, I'm new to the Wii scene, so can I update my Wii if I have a modchip in it? Or do I need to wait for a special release or something? Also, which modchip is better? Wasabi or d2pro9?
by update you mean to 3.3E/U/J firmware of the wii right? yea just update that sucker if you want to if your below 3.2 then you need to update to play new games and id say d2pro9 is better tbh, thats just my OP tho, id go for a wiiclip if you cant solder for your life, or if you have a flat headed iron because you will never get the points on unless you have a good iron

naes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
linkinworm said:
naes said:
by update you mean to 3.3E/U/J firmware of the wii right? yea just update that sucker if you want to if your below 3.2 then you need to update to play new games and id say d2pro9 is better tbh, thats just my OP tho, id go for a wiiclip if you cant solder for your life, or if you have a flat headed iron because you will never get the points on unless you have a good iron
I mean regularly update.

pokemongalaxy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i use d2ckey, but wasabi's probobly the best, since it updates, and works on all wii models...
smile.gif

Arek1985

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well I bought my d2pro9 from mod central. also checking the sticky topic about dealers for mod chips might help also. It all depends on the country your from really. If in NA or Canada it seems Canada mods and mod central get good reviews for service. Yea I haven't soldered much since fixing an input jack on my guitar and that's not near as complicated as soldering for a mod chip so I went with wii-clip, currently awaiting my order to ship.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Eo3Bh06drc