jobobalo

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting a wii guitar controller with my Christmas money. I would like one that is compatible with as many different games as possible. Will the official Guitar Hero World Tour work with RockBand 2 or RockBand? How about the RockBand/Rockband 2 controller, will it work with any guitar hero games? Is there one controller (not by Activision or Harmonix) that will work with GWHT, GH3, RB, RB2. Also, is there a modified version of RB2/GHWT made to use the others instruments (not talking about GH with a RockBand playlist, though) There seems to be a lot of conflicting information on the subject. Thanks in advance.

FSSimon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hey there,

I have GH3 and Gh:Wt band kit.

I have GH3, Gh:Wt and Rock Band 2 legit discs. And the rest are ISOs. All ISOs running on gamma.

Here's a list of compatible games for each peripheral:

GH3 Les Paul Guitar:
Works: Gh3, GH: Aerosmith, GH:WT, Rock Band: AC/DC, Rock Band 2
Fail: Rock Band 1, Rock Band Track Pack 1, Rock Band Track Pack 2

GH:WT guitar: (same as Gh3 controller)
Works: Gh3, GH: Aerosmith, Gh:WT, Rock Band: AC/DC, Rock Band 2
Fail: Rock Band 1, Rock Band Track Pack 1, Rock Band Track Pack 2

Gh:Wt microphone:
Works: Gh:WT, Rock Band 1, Rock Band Track Pack 1, Rock Band Track Pack 2, Rock Band: AC/DC, Rock Band 2
Fail: Duno. Did not try it with other wii karaoke type games.

GH:WT drumkit:
Works: GH:WT, Rock Band 2
Fail: Rock Band 1, Rock Band Track Pack 1, Rock Band Track Pack 2, Rock Band: AC/DC

Anyone willing to complete info for the microphone?

Also note, I have a Sony Bravia 32 inches LCD TV (model: kdl32l4000)
Setting up the lag is pretty straightforward in all games. Except for GH3 which does not have an audio lag setting, only video lag. And in GH: Aerosmith, the lag setting only gets enabled after I pause/unpause once the song begins, at every song... (might be because I run an ISO.)

jobobalo

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ FSSimon

Thanks dude, nice detailed explanation saved me a whole lot of time I'm definitely going to get the GHWT controller, now that I know it works with RB2 (and GHWT duh!).

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wait. So your saying that the GH3 controller does not work with Rock Band 1 but it does with the AC/DC game. If so, I am definately getting that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I went to a garage sell last saturday, and the lady had a PS3 for sale, but she had a sign on it...