Best Guitar Controller For RB2/GHWT

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by jobobalo, Dec 24, 2008.

1. jobobalo
    OP

jobobalo Banned

Banned
    Oct 12, 2008
    United States
    I'm getting a wii guitar controller with my Christmas money. I would like one that is compatible with as many different games as possible. Will the official Guitar Hero World Tour work with RockBand 2 or RockBand? How about the RockBand/Rockband 2 controller, will it work with any guitar hero games? Is there one controller (not by Activision or Harmonix) that will work with GWHT, GH3, RB, RB2. Also, is there a modified version of RB2/GHWT made to use the others instruments (not talking about GH with a RockBand playlist, though) There seems to be a lot of conflicting information on the subject. Thanks in advance.

2. FSSimon

FSSimon GBAtemp Regular

Mar 20, 2006
    Canada
    Sept-Iles, QC
    Hey there,

I have GH3 and Gh:Wt band kit.

I have GH3, Gh:Wt and Rock Band 2 legit discs. And the rest are ISOs. All ISOs running on gamma.

Here's a list of compatible games for each peripheral:

GH3 Les Paul Guitar:
    Works: Gh3, GH: Aerosmith, GH:WT, Rock Band: AC/DC, Rock Band 2
    Fail: Rock Band 1, Rock Band Track Pack 1, Rock Band Track Pack 2

GH:WT guitar: (same as Gh3 controller)
    Works: Gh3, GH: Aerosmith, Gh:WT, Rock Band: AC/DC, Rock Band 2
    Fail: Rock Band 1, Rock Band Track Pack 1, Rock Band Track Pack 2

Gh:Wt microphone:
    Works: Gh:WT, Rock Band 1, Rock Band Track Pack 1, Rock Band Track Pack 2, Rock Band: AC/DC, Rock Band 2
    Fail: Duno. Did not try it with other wii karaoke type games.

GH:WT drumkit:
    Works: GH:WT, Rock Band 2
    Fail: Rock Band 1, Rock Band Track Pack 1, Rock Band Track Pack 2, Rock Band: AC/DC

Anyone willing to complete info for the microphone?

Also note, I have a Sony Bravia 32 inches LCD TV (model: kdl32l4000)
    Setting up the lag is pretty straightforward in all games. Except for GH3 which does not have an audio lag setting, only video lag. And in GH: Aerosmith, the lag setting only gets enabled after I pause/unpause once the song begins, at every song... (might be because I run an ISO.)

3. petspaps

petspaps GBAtemp Regular

Sep 4, 2008
    Planet Vegeta (Aka Vic, AUS)
    Does WT come with an update cause i have software 3.1 Pal

4. jobobalo
    OP

jobobalo Banned

Banned
    Oct 12, 2008
    United States
    @ FSSimon

Thanks dude, nice detailed explanation saved me a whole lot of time I'm definitely going to get the GHWT controller, now that I know it works with RB2 (and GHWT duh!).

5. Edgedancer

Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Oct 2, 2006
    Canberra
    Wait. So your saying that the GH3 controller does not work with Rock Band 1 but it does with the AC/DC game. If so, I am definately getting that.