Gaming Best game pad for pc gaming

Spadezilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xbox, I've had a third party Xbox 360 controller for a little over a decade and it hasn't failed me yet

which one

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

does it matter 5ghs 2.4ghz or bluetooth?

if pc has built-in (or usb), un-used 5ghz 2.4ghz and bluetooth adapter do we need the microsoft official adapter still or no?

WildDog

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
which one

if pc has built-in (or usb), un-used 5ghz 2.4ghz and bluetooth adapter do we need the microsoft official adapter still or no?
For the xbox 360 controller you will always need the adapter, either official or china clone.
For the xbox one controller, it depends of the revision. Older revision don't support generic bluetooth and do need an official adapter.
https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox...bleshoot-xbox-one-bluetooth-issues-windows-10

Here you can see which version of the controller supports generic bluetooth connection.

Reactions: Spadezilla

Spadezilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the xbox 360 controller you will always need the adapter, either official or china clone.
For the xbox one controller, it depends of the revision. Older revision don't support generic bluetooth and do need an official adapter.
https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox...bleshoot-xbox-one-bluetooth-issues-windows-10

Here you can see which version of the controller supports generic bluetooth connection.

so it's cheaper and easier to get xb1 controller (if buying new)

awesome

thank you sir!

SaberLilly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
which one

a PowerA 360 controller, you might need to buy it online though these days

Yamineko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS4/PS3 or Xbox One/360 Controllers are your best bets, since most games have some level of underlying support for them. If not, there are plenty of third-party programs that allow you to keymap those controllers for games that do not.

Another option would be the Logitech gamepads (the F310 and F710 Wireless) which I've heard good things about as well.

I've been using a Afterglow Xbox One controller for a while now and while it's not the best, it definitely works for the games that have support for it.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Let's just be honest, there's no "best". As long as it works without TOO much input delay, it's fine to use. I've been using a Logitech Dual Action gamepad since it came out which is WELL over 10 years old and STILL no issues with it whatsoever, perhaps besides the hard to get used to D-pad (instead of separate buttons they are just one big button with 4 pressure points), but I can get used to things in games/gaming literally instantly because I've played so many different things and in different ways so it's alright.

Also, let's say you have an XBox controller (which btw is my most hate one because of the D-pad and main analog placement) or a DS4, you get basically same experience. However, if you plan to play on emulators instead of just PC games, some require a controller with 6 buttons on the right panel, not just 4, as the original system had more buttons. What I'm saying is that there's no definitive gamepad by a long shot, it always depends on what you want to play or do. Finally, depending on the gamepad, some dumb games may not even accept two of the same one for specific gamepads, so if you plan to play multiplayer, you are fucked:P

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me, Xbox One has the best controller, in terms of how it feels in the hands and how well I think it "plays." But I've found that, for the moment, my DS4 controller is the one I use the most often, solely for the fact it works with more of my software on more of my devices with minimal fuss. I bought it specifically as a general PC gamepad replacement, since I needed a new one and wanted to stop using the Xbox One's. At the time, it was also the best way to get a good gyro-enabled controller that worked with Cemu, so it was what I went with. Even with my preference being the Xbox controller, that DS4 is in my paws more often than not simply by virtue of being convenient.

Reactions: Spadezilla and inf

WildDog

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Let's just be honest, there's no "best". As long as it works without TOO much input delay.

Also, let's say you have an XBox controller (which btw is my most hate one because of the D-pad and main analog placement) or a DS4, you get basically same experience. However, if you plan to play on emulators instead of just PC games, some require a controller with 6 buttons on the right panel, not just 4, as the original system had more buttons. What I'm saying is that there's no definitive gamepad by a long shot

Sorry but not, there are a lot quality when it comes to controllers. My Ipega 9025 did cost me 20$ it works fine and no delay, my Razer serval did cost me 75$ it also play without any delay, both of them were meant to be used with android (work with other systems too..).
So it means they are the same? No, the Ipega 9025 has a two very losses analogs that make it hard to do precise movement and the D-PAD is very stiff... While the Razer has two nicely fit analogs and a decent d-pad.

The logitech you mention, they work and it is the grand father of the current logitech joystick that mimic the Sony layout and the button coding of microsoft. Do they work? yes. Are they going to break? Unlikely unless you hit it with a hammer.
But the quality of buttons and the membranes are inferior to those of the early ps3 sixaxis (non dual shock 3) which means it's an average joystick that it is worth the asking price from Logitech.

Hell i use a 3$ sega 6 buttons clone when i want to play sega genesis games either on my pc or pi. It works but it's a far cry from an Xbox elite controller.
So there are some controller that can be put in the "BEST" league while other are in the "average" league and not a lot of controllers are in the "shiaaat" league.

Spadezilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me, Xbox One has the best controller, in terms of how it feels in the hands and how well I think it "plays." But I've found that, for the moment, my DS4 controller is the one I use the most often, solely for the fact it works with more of my software on more of my devices with minimal fuss. I bought it specifically as a general PC gamepad replacement, since I needed a new one and wanted to stop using the Xbox One's. At the time, it was also the best way to get a good gyro-enabled controller that worked with Cemu, so it was what I went with. Even with my preference being the Xbox controller, that DS4 is in my paws more often than not simply by virtue of being convenient.

this actually winds up being perfect because the DS4 is better for my gf's small hands, while both my bro and I prefer the XB One's. so i can get 2x XB One controllers, 1 with the USB thingie, and 1x DS4.

If Ninty knew how to make good pads the Switch Pro controller would probably be good, but we all know they have no idea what they are doing since the SNES controller :,(

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this actually winds up being perfect because the DS4 is better for my gf's small hands, while both my bro and I prefer the XB One's. so i can get 2x XB One controllers, 1 with the USB thingie, and 1x DS4.

If Ninty knew how to make good pads the Switch Pro controller would probably be good, but we all know they have no idea what they are doing since the SNES controller :,(
Use DS4Windows for PC if you get a DS4. It affords you a lot of customization.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong